Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Businesses opening...employees saying no...

Several friends are opening their businesses..restaurants and the like.  Their employees making too much on unemployment and dont want to come back to work.  They are like...wth.

18 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Several friends are opening their businesses..restaurants and the like.  Their employees making too much on unemployment and dont want to come back to work.  They are like...wth.

I have a friend that had to pay his employees cash under the table and let them keep collecting unemployment to get them back. 

6 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

I have a friend that had to pay his employees cash under the table and let them keep collecting unemployment to get them back. 

Should report them to the department of labor. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Good, there are plenty of people looking for work that will take those jobs. And those on unemployment and unwilling to work, should be cut off if they have a job offer that is the same as what they were doing before.

The $600/wk federal unemployment bonus runs out end of July. 

Assuming there is no "second wave" after thousands of people nationwide completely disregarded COVID-19 safety protocols law abiding citizens were forced to follow.

Degenerates will be ready to go back to work in August.

Here I am sending out messages everywhere to get back. In the long term it's not a good move at all, but I don't blame anyone who is trying to make a little extra cash.

Amazon gets tax exempt status in multiple places 👍

Joe average obviously doesn't make much money if he is making more on unemployment, so he takes a little extra for himself 👎

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

But then he loses his employees. He did say he considered it but just wants to get going again.

8 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

He should report that he’s been paying them under the table? :dunno:

That’s like calling the cops when somebody steals your drugs. 

8 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Good, there are plenty of people looking for work that will take those jobs. And those on unemployment and unwilling to work, should be cut off if they have a job offer that is the same as what they were doing before.

I predicted this would happen and then someone on one of the financial channels stated exactly the same thing.

'There are more people laid off than there are now jobs available so if these people refuse to go back to work, by the time the figure it out, their job will be taken by someone smart enough to realize that.Then their bennies will be cut off and they will wonder what happened.'

8 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

The $600/wk federal unemployment bonus runs out end of July. 

Assuming there is no "second wave" after thousands of people nationwide completely disregarded COVID-19 safety protocols law abiding citizens were forced to follow.

Degenerates will be ready to go back to work in August.

Their problem is that someone smarter than they are will grab their job and they will be standing there with their thumb up their ass, wondering what happened.

I would strongly reconsider letting those employees back.  It says a lot about their work ethic and character.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, frank said:

He should report that he’s been paying them under the table? :dunno:

That’s like calling the cops when somebody steals your drugs. 

I meant rather than paying them under the table. Report that he offered to bring them back and they declined to sponge the system instead. 

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Amazon gets tax exempt status in multiple places 👍

Really? Where?

11 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

This is what Democrats want.  They want people dependent on government funds.  That's how they keep their status in government, because Republican's will want them to be self reliant.  Evil to think people should take care of themselves, huh?

yup problem is it's summer now too. people are like fock it i'll take summer off. if i go back i won't be able to take vacation right away.

losers mostly :)

I think this a lot of anecdotal talk. Yes there are people doing this,  but we are just starting to open up. Many of them will be heading back. And don’t forget schools and camps are closed, people have to get childcare in order. 

8 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

https://money.cnn.com/2018/02/13/news/economy/amazon-hq2-tax-incentives/index.html

Just a general link on all of the crazy tax breaks mega corporations get 

I know you are not a tax guy but those are abatement's not "tax exempt status".  Do you know how they work?  They will not pay zero taxes.  They will pay reduced taxes for a period of time.

They get crazy tax breaks because they pay a helluva lot of local taxes.

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

I know you are not a tax guy but those are abatement's not "tax exempt status".  Do you know how they work?  They will not pay zero taxes.  They will pay reduced taxes for a period of time.

Yes yes I get it. I know it's not forever, but Boeing signed a deal reducing they tax burden through 2040. So hitching about a few people collecting a few extra weeks of unemployment is small potatoes when you look at the billions in tax reduction to these mega corps

21 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yes yes I get it. I know it's not forever, but Boeing signed a deal reducing they tax burden through 2040. So hitching about a few people collecting a few extra weeks of unemployment is small potatoes when you look at the billions in tax reduction to these mega corps

And what happens if they build the 777 somewhere else? Restaurants close, bars close, apartments go unrented, drop in school funding, real estate values go down, etc

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

And what happens if they build the 777 somewhere else? Restaurants close, bars close, apartments go unrented, drop in school funding, real estate values go down, etc

Im not saying that giving tax breaks doesn't have its purpose. How about reading what I said and not getting pissy because you want it to be something else? It's all right there.

20 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Im not saying that giving tax breaks doesn't have its purpose. How about reading what I said and not getting pissy because you want it to be something else? It's all right there.

I'm not getting pissy that is how your statement read. I don't care if people are getting unemployment and making a little extra.  I will say it is likely a violation of labor law and most likely federal law (non-reporting of income) but not my concern.   I originally posted in this thread because you made a grossly inaccurate and misleading statement.