Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round One-Three Commentary - June Mock 2020 **

17 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I am so sorry.  I woke up to my best friend calling me.  He lost his wife to cancer last night.  I will not let you down again.

That is interesting, a friend of ours lost his wife to cancer last night....uhm, in what state did your tragedy transpire?

Mixon versus WR, non -PPR made it the RB

35 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I am not worried about you letting us down. I am just glad you didn't let your friend down. That seems a tad more important to me than the June Mock Draft. 

Prayers for peace and comfort for your friend. :(

Agreed.

ICEMAN

I had a few other options I was considering, but decided to grab one of the top receivers on my board.  In that offense, Hill can explode and lead my team to a win any given week.

Almost pulled the trigger on RB/RB, but Jacobs/Hopkins gives me more flexibility going further, and can't argue the upside with this turn.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RLLD said:

That is interesting, a friend of ours lost his wife to cancer last night....uhm, in what state did your tragedy transpire?

Texas.  She was diagnosed, 3 weeks ago Friday, of stage 4 pancreatic cancer, and given 1 to 3 months to live.

Had a few options at RB that were really close, followed my board and took Sanders.  I'm buying his second half of last season, hope he can continue that into next year.

In the first 2 rounds of every draft, I like to stick to sure things. Julio Jones and Travis Kelce are about safe as it gets. The RB's in this range all scare the sh!t out of me, so I'll hold off on drafting an RB for now.

ICEMAN

9 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Texas.  She was diagnosed, 3 weeks ago Friday, of stage 4 pancreatic cancer, and given 1 to 3 months to live.

I'm so sorry to hear about this RC. My best friend was diagnosed 2 years ago and given about the same diagnosis. He opted to have an experimental surgery here is Boston and is still with us. He now heads up Project Purple in the area. Of the 20 people that they had in his study, he is the only one still alive.

ICEMAN

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ICEMAN said:

I'm so sorry to hear about this RC. My best friend was diagnosed 2 years ago and given about the same diagnosis. He opted to have an experimental surgery here is Boston and is still with us. He now heads up Project Purple in the area. Of the 20 people that they had in his study, he is the only one still alive.

ICEMAN

they chose no chemo as it was too advanced and opted for a medical marijuana treatment that was suppose to help keep her comfortable.

Wow...surprised to see a QB go this early. Usually, the only guy who does stuff like that....is me. :lol:

I was going to draft Lamar my second round pick regardless, was surprised when I saw Mahomes go.   Jackson threw for 36 ran for 7 TDs, rushed for 1,200 and threw for 3,100.  I see passing yards going up a little and rushing yards coming down but he puts up some stats

2 minutes ago, Matt's Eagles said:

I was going to draft Lamar my second round pick regardless, was surprised when I saw Mahomes go.   Jackson threw for 36 ran for 7 TDs, rushed for 1,200 and threw for 3,100.  I see passing yards going up a little and rushing yards coming down but he puts up some stats

Don't I know it...I had a great all-around team last year, but Jackson was the driving force week in and week out. 

Well..... maybe a tad early for a QB, but with Matt taking one after me, maybe not. I wanted THIS playmaker and my assessment was he wouldn’t last to me at 3.09, so I nabbed him now. Won’t have to worry about another QB now until much later. He is the Super Bowl MVP and arguably the BPA do I analyzed the other options and thought he’d get me the most points.

Sorry Fumble.......

I was also going to take Lamar for my 2.11 if he was somehow there. It would have been the earliest I have ever drafted a QB. With a normal off season I may have felt more confident that teams would have "figured" him out a little by watching the few teams who slowed him down and what they did but with the state of this years off season, I expect continued domination. some 50ish fantasy points more than #2 last year while sitting a game. 

Part of me is glad he was picked so I can go back to my usual QB strategy, since QB's are basically becoming kickers.

Dalvin Cook planning to hold out!!

15 minutes ago, robb said:

Dalvin Cook planning to hold out!!

It's unfortunate this news came out mere hours after we started, but that's June for you.  I'm not sure how he defines a "reasonable extension," but spotrac.com calculates his market value at around 5 yrs/$60 mil.  This would put him only behind CMac, Zeke, LeVeon, and David Johnson (!) in terms of annual average.

@Hawkeye21

on the clock.

this seems to work in our golf drafts for some reason so maybe we can try the @ feature going forward.  (not to suggest we are waiting on Hawkeye for an extended period)

Had I not taken my QB, Chubb was my choice. Excellent pickup Fumble as I think he’ll be a top 3 RB, even with some unnamed player as his backup!

I was choosing between Chubb and Sanders for my pick, had Sanders just slightly above.

2 hours ago, worm said:

I was choosing between Chubb and Sanders for my pick, had Sanders just slightly above.

I'm not sure I'm high enough on Sanders to end up with him on many of my teams. I fully expect the Eagles are going to bring in a veteran and with a little Boston Scott sprinkled in, an early-second is a little too rich for my blood.

Hey, guys, just an update:

My business is extremely limited at the moment (due to shutdowns), so I've been taking temporary work where and when I get it.  What that's meant lately is 12-8 shifts stocking shelves.

I have a really good boss, and she knows I have business calls to make, and have this going on.  I check in regularly, but I'm not always able to stay on top of where the draft is at.  If I come on the clock, someone shoot me a text, please.  I should be able to get in relatively quickly.  Thanks, guys.

207-319-0004

I teetered between Cooper and Evans here, no surprise that RC took him.

I stand by my assertion that Brady was to a varying degree the beneficiary of an offensive system that played to his strengths and mostly negated his weaknesses.  Evans is, to me, simply not the kind of player that Brady will be able to effectively use....

With Brady's diminished skills he will need to accentuate the short pass even more now, I freely admit that he could prove me wrong on this.....but its enough risk for me to avoid here where I have an option that I see as reasonably equal.

Kind of shocked getting Evans here.  I know Brady is new to Tampa Bay, and that he has fed TE's and quick little white guys across the middle for the past 6 years, but he should find Mike a lot.  He hasn't had a guy like Mike for awhile.

I texted Dan.

• Like 1

Sweet. I was really hoping for a little WR run there. Jones got more work as the yer went on last season and I see their drafted player as more of a threat to that other guys touches 

24 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I teetered between Cooper and Evans here, no surprise that RC took him.

I stand by my assertion that Brady was to a varying degree the beneficiary of an offensive system that played to his strengths and mostly negated his weaknesses.  Evans is, to me, simply not the kind of player that Brady will be able to effectively use....

With Brady's diminished skills he will need to accentuate the short pass even more now, I freely admit that he could prove me wrong on this.....but its enough risk for me to avoid here where I have an option that I see as reasonably equal.

I think Cooper is overvalued in fantasy. I believe he has had a lot of games as less than a WR2 with fantasy production since joining Dallas. Yet I also agree Evans won’t be what he has been with Brady. He was a big beneficiary of Winston chucking it deep regardless of the outcome and playing from behind. 

I'm surprised Aaron Jones lasted as long as he did, I almost pulled the trigger on him over Hopkins. Yeah, them drafting a RB in the second round is a concern, but GB looks to be more run focused, and Jones did VERY well last year.

3 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

I'm surprised Aaron Jones lasted as long as he did, I almost pulled the trigger on him over Hopkins. Yeah, them drafting a RB in the second round is a concern, but GB looks to be more run focused, and Jones did VERY well last year.

I’m surprised several RBs have fallen to this point. Some great value available. 

25 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I’m surprised several RBs have fallen to this point. Some great value available. 

So which WR are you looking at???  I feel like Fumble is trying to guide the pack of wolves from the wideouts.

Almost went WR but decided to stick to my game plan with so much depth at the position

McCaffrey, Drake, Thielen...

Gee whiz, give me THAT team. 

I thought Drake fell too far. I was debating between him and Chubb at 2.07. Just tremendous value at this turn. 

I probably would've taken a WR here but after the news of Cook I felt I had to make RB a priority.

Damn it Hawkeye........I wanted him to fall to me! Great pick!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

McCaffrey, Drake, Thielen...

Gee whiz, give me THAT team. 

I thought Drake fell too far. I was debating between him and Chubb at 2.07. Just tremendous value at this turn. 

I wanted Barkley, Jones and Drake 

I know Gurley is a Polarizing player Right now but the Rams line was not great last year and he arguably plays in a division with weaker defense now. Not much competition and still handled a workhorse type role down the stretch in 2019. His TD potential alone make me like him a lot in standard formats. 

6 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I was hung up between Golladay and A.J. Brown for my 3rd rounder.

Glad you took Brown. I love his upside, but I didn’t want two Titans. 

Now that they've been picked I can talk about them.  I was originally going to grab Golladay but with Cook holding out I needed a RB.  I was deciding between Fournette and Eckeler.  If it was PPR I think Eckeler would've been the easy choice but in standard I think Fournette is the better pick.

54 minutes ago, remote controller said:

So which WR are you looking at???  I feel like Fumble is trying to guide the pack of wolves from the wideouts.

Guilty as charged...