Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Even the NFL Apologizes while Trump Doubles Down

Too bad...

Trump could've used this moment as an opportunity to say so many things about what the conservative party supports and does not support.

This was a missed chance for him to clinch large swaths of blacks who are conservative but vote Democrat because of the heavy racist slant in the Republican party. 

I guess we'll continue as usual.

• Haha 2

The NFL was stupid. 

It's better being in the right than catering to ignorance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yep. And Trump too frankly. Read the focking room man. 

I would rather die alone with the truth than to give up and cater to the lie. 

27 minutes ago, peenie said:

Too bad...

Trump could've used this moment as an opportunity to say so many things about what the conservative party supports and does not support.

This was a missed chance for him to clinch large swaths of blacks who are conservative but vote Democrat because of the heavy racist slant in the Republican party. 

Trump is staggeringly bad at reading the room. Every time he's gift-wrapped an opportunity to help himself politically, he totally flubs it. Is there seriously not a single person in the administration that can explain to him that he's not going to win if he just keeps sucking off the same 38%? 

28 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I would rather die alone with the truth than to give up and cater to the lie. 

One can hope. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leeson said:

One can hope. 

And you can die telling the lies. Good for you.

Its too bad the NFL let dumb racist focks who are parading a completely false manufactured narrative take the lead.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Too bad...

What are two or three stances could he have taken that you think would have done the swaying.?

Yes, it’s very brave of the NFL to do this, coming up on a season where fans won’t be showing up anyway.  Suckers fall for it though. Lol. 

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

Trump is staggeringly bad at reading the room. Every time he's gift-wrapped an opportunity to help himself politically, he totally flubs it. Is there seriously not a single person in the administration that can explain to him that he's not going to win if he just keeps sucking off the same 38%? 

That's your opinion.  About half of the room agrees with him.  We'll know more in a few more months if that number went up.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes, it’s very brave of the NFL to do this, coming up on a season where fans won’t be showing up anyway.  Suckers fall for it though. Lol. 

Yeah, they're hoping that the fans and players forget about it come next year.  The NFL is going to let the players kneel when there'll be no one on TV or in the stands when it happens.

I think Trump is smarter than you give him credit for. His schtick is to divide people and cling to his base. Trump’s hardline supporters love this culture war stuff. They’d only ever abandon Trump if he stopped playing this game. Enough Republicans will hold their nose and vote for him.

2 hours ago, peenie said:

Too bad...

Just shows how dumb the blacks are.  Trump has actually done things to help them, unlike the Democratic party they've blindly supported for the last half century.  If either party is "racist" it's the Dems.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, MDC said:

will hold their nose and vote for him.

This has been every presidential election since Clinton

31 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, they're hoping that the fans and players forget about it come next year.  The NFL is going to let the players kneel when there'll be no one on TV or in the stands when it happens.

And we’ll see how woke they are when the salary cap barely goes up or even down after next year. It’s gonna be funny. But hey, they apologized. You  can’t buy a Lamborghini with an apology. lol 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Too bad...

Please explain the racist policies of the Republicans. Why do you think only Republicans are Racist?

How can you vote for someone who voted for the crime bill passed in 1994.

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

This has been every presidential election since Clinton

Maybe. But I think outside of his hardline supporters people almost uniformly agree that Trump is an especially disgusting human being.

Just now, MDC said:

Maybe. But I think outside of his hardline supporters people almost uniformly agree that Trump is an especially disgusting human being.

I think you'd be suprised. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I think you'd be suprised. 

I would be. Whether you think character matters in a POTUS is open to debate. That Trump is an especially venal low character human is obvious. You could say he’s Clinton but doesn’t hide it well? “Gross like Clinton but all the time and juvenile too” isn’t a ringing endorsement. 

If you met Trump anywhere and he wasn’t famous, he’d be the ass hole in the room. Any room. You know it.

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

Its too bad the NFL let dumb racist focks who are parading a completely false manufactured narrative take the lead.

yup. and man is it a focking ginormous hoax. and glaring lie. not one stat backs it up.

Just now, porkbutt said:

yup. and man is it a focking ginormous hoax. and glaring lie. not one stat backs it up.

They have the moment. As usual, it will backfire. It always does. 

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

We've gone from "I've got but one life to give for my country" and John Hancock signing the Declaration of Independence in huge font so King George was sure to read it to .... read the room, and if the room is not on your side, then shut up and take it?

At least the founders of the United States fully understood that "read the room" sucks as a strategy.

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

Trump is staggeringly bad at reading the room.

Yah I mean had Trump read the room in 2016, he would have known he had no chance to win and should have just ended his campaign instead of getting boatraced by Hillary that November. 

Oh wait its the other way around, Trump has amazing political instincts and made everyone that doubted him look like a moron. 

26 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

nope but dumb gonna be dumb and the dumb gonna follow the lead. 

Peenie, Newbie and Leeson are perfect examples of dumb as a bag of rocks sheep.  

Facts don't matter

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

When people say "read the room"

What I read is, "yeah everything is bullsh1t, but because people are mad you should go along with it."

Nope fock that. That's why people hate politicians so much. So many of you want beautiful lies, instead of hard truths. 

• Like 2

They have the podium and the power. Let’s see what they got. Hope it works out. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I think Trump is smarter than you give him credit for. His schtick is to divide people and cling to his base. Trump’s hardline supporters love this culture war stuff. They’d only ever abandon Trump if he stopped playing this game. Enough Republicans will hold their nose and vote for him.

The problem with Trump's 'strategy', if you want to call it that, is that his base only gets one vote each.  And they were already voting for him.  So all this racist nonsense he constantly does isn't getting him any new support. It's only deepening the support he already has. Now that he doesn't have the economy to run on, it's blatantly obvious that he has nothing else. What's his message now?  Not everyone died?  I focked up the economy but maybe I can rebuild it? 

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

nope but dumb gonna be dumb and the dumb gonna follow the lead. 

Peenie, Newbie and Leeson are perfect examples of dumb as a bag of rocks sheep.  

Facts don't matter

110,000 people dead from the last thing you and your fellow retards called a hoax. You might want to try a new approach. itsatip

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

110,000 people dead from the last thing you and your fellow retards called a hoax. You might want to try a new approach. itsatip

He’s cracking up before our eyes. Sad 

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

When people say "read the room"

What I read is, "yeah everything is bullsh1t, but because people are mad you should go along with it."

Nope fock that. That's why people hate politicians so much. So many of you want beautiful lies, instead of hard truths. 

You must be a lot of fun at funerals. 

29 minutes ago, The Observer said:

The problem with Trump's 'strategy', if you want to call it that, is that his base only gets one vote each.  And they were already voting for him.  So all this racist nonsense he constantly does isn't getting him any new support. It's only deepening the support he already has. Now that he doesn't have the economy to run on, it's blatantly obvious that he has nothing else. What's his message now?  Not everyone died?  I focked up the economy but maybe I can rebuild it? 

Maybe true but the other party’s inability to find a quality nominee will surely help him. I can’t even imagine Sleepy Joe in a debate setting. The Dems really blew it there.

Many of you guys can't see the world outside of your own prejudice.

This is not about your imagined race war or your white supremacy being opposed. Colin Kaepernick was simply bringing attention to police brutality. PERIOD! He simply kneeled down as a statement that some of us in this country are dying at the hands of police brutality and that it is important for everyone to know it and hopefully something be done about it.

This was not about:

the flag

the military

hating the police

hating veterans that have died fighting for democracy

hating white people

It was a moment for Trump to commend the police officers that are doing their job properly and are keeping us safe and that he grieves with the families that have lost loved ones and that he believes in justice and in our court systems and that he hopes that any rogue cops that are not acting within the law are rooted out and that he won't stand for anyone treating the citizens of this country unfairly. PERIOD!

Then he could've gone on about protesting peacefully is fine but people who loot and riot aren't keeping our country great.

See how easy that was????

Trump could've garnered 50% of the black democratic vote with that simple statement alone.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, peenie said:

This is not about your imagined race war or your white supremacy being opposed. Colin Kaepernick was simply bringing attention to police brutality. PERIOD! He simply kneeled down as a statement that some of us in this country are dying at the hands of police brutality and that it is important for everyone to know it and hopefully something be done about it.

This was not about:

the flag

See, that's an incredibly difficult statement to believe when he kneeled during the Anthem and flag ceremonies. 

Its not about the flag but he does it when the scene is about the flag?  Smells like BS. 

Had he kneeled the first time the opponent had the ball or something, it likely would have been more accepted.  He chose terribly bad optics.

The problem with Trump's 'strategy', if you want to call it that, is that his base only gets one vote each.  And they were already voting for him.

This is gibberish.  If someone isn't already voting for the candidate, they clearly are not a part of the candidate's base.  So what you are saying about Trump applies to every candidate in every election.  You could have just said "A candidate's base is already voting for the candidate" but you are trying to be too smart by half and instead sounding like an idiot.

Then you claim its not getting him any new support, and judging by the 2016 election, I think any predictions of Trump driving away voters is CLEARLY FOOKING WRONG.

16 minutes ago, peenie said:

This was not about:

the flag

the military

hating the police

hating veterans that have died fighting for democracy

hating white people

It was a moment for Trump to commend the police officers that are doing their job properly and are keeping us safe and that he grieves with the families that have lost loved ones and that he believes in justice and in our court systems and that he hopes that any rogue cops that are not acting within the law are rooted out and that he won't stand for anyone treating the citizens of this country unfairly. PERIOD!

Then he could've gone on about protesting peacefully is fine but people who loot and riot aren't keeping our country great.

See how easy that was????

Trump could've garnered 50% of the black democratic vote with that simple statement alone.

Bull.  You're never going to have 100% perfect policing.   Most things in life aren't perfect.  Should we strive for it?  Of course.  But it's not going to happen.  As it is, there are millions of police interactions with the public every year and a minuscule percentage go bad, and some times tragically bad.  That's unfortunate but the reality.  Blowing things up over something that happens a statistically insignificant amount of the time is dumb.  We should work to weed out as many bad cops as we can, prosecute those who commit atrocious acts as is being done here, and get on with our lives.  The police HELP us a hell of a lot more than they hurt us.  And this post is from a guy who was harassed by cops on multiple occasions in his younger years.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Bull.  You're never going to have 100% perfect policing.   Most things in life aren't perfect.  Should we strive for it?  Of course.  But it's not going to happen.  As it is, there are millions of police interactions with the public every year and a minuscule percentage go bad, and some times tragically bad.  That's unfortunate but the reality.  Blowing things up over something that happens a statistically insignificant amount of the time is dumb.  We should work to weed out as many bad cops as we can, prosecute those who commit atrocious acts as is being done here, and get on with our lives.  The police HELP us a hell of a lot more than they hurt us.  And this post is from a guy who was harassed by cops on multiple occasions in his younger years.

It seems that we are in agreement. I didn't express anything different than what you have written.

Also, we no longer accept teacher brutality. We can begin to not accept police brutality. Free your mind, it can happen.