Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Definitely a story not getting told

So, I've told you guys my experience with our local homeless shelter and how we are literally breaking every possible social distancing rule. And yet, next zero cases of covet. If you believed even 20% of what the media said, the entire place should be a dead zone.

But it's not. Not even close. They even shut down the downtown isolation unit that I spent two wonderful weeks in.

so today and talk to you and friend of mine. She is like nationally-recognized and she spent her time off talking to shelter directors and healthcare professionals in the largest cities in the country. Turns out, virtually every single homeless shelter and is experiencing the same thing.NADA

How is this not a story? well for one thing, it blows the whole social distancing thing right out of the f****** water.

also, it leans heavily toward the fact that those folks who've already been exposed to other factors have built-in tolerance. I don't know another explanation for it other than that.

And as my friend pointed out, the fact the homeless have so many of the comorbidity factors. Meaning, diabetes, emphysema, you name it, and they're still not dying? Even the elderly ones?

I'm generally not a media  is conspiring kind of guy anymore that I am a deep State kind of guy. But for fucsake ladies and gentlemen, this is a story worth being told.

• Like 1

Yep, and the number of articles about the homeless being destroyed by this are never ending. 

Homeless Shelters Are Hotspots for Coronavirus

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200423/homeless-shelters-are-hotpots-for-coronavirus#1

Close living quarters and a lack of testing among homeless people across the United States threaten the nation’s ability to control the pandemic, researchers say.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01389-3 

No Easy Fixes as Covid-19 Hits Homeless Shelters

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2020/04/homeless-shelter-coronavirus-testing-hotel-rooms-healthcare/610000/

I could post hundreds probably. 

14 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Crazy. I can tell you from experience it's just. Not. True.

OK...Just how many covid-19 diks have you actually sucked in the past few months?  Be honest :nono:
Are you gonna be the second wave?  

4 hours ago, wiffleball said:

So, I've told you guys my experience with our local homeless shelter and how we are literally breaking every possible social distancing rule. And yet, next zero cases of covet. If you believed even 20% of what the media said, the entire place should be a dead zone.

But it's not. Not even close. They even shut down the downtown isolation unit that I spent two wonderful weeks in.

so today and talk to you and friend of mine. She is like nationally-recognized and she spent her time off talking to shelter directors and healthcare professionals in the largest cities in the country. Turns out, virtually every single homeless shelter and is experiencing the same thing.NADA

How is this not a story? well for one thing, it blows the whole social distancing thing right out of the f****** water.

also, it leans heavily toward the fact that those folks who've already been exposed to other factors have built-in tolerance. I don't know another explanation for it other than that.

And as my friend pointed out, the fact the homeless have so many of the comorbidity factors. Meaning, diabetes, emphysema, you name it, and they're still not dying? Even the elderly ones?

I'm generally not a media  is conspiring kind of guy anymore that I am a deep State kind of guy. But for fucsake ladies and gentlemen, this is a story worth being told.

Probably part of it is that other people assiduously distance themselves from them. 

i volunteer at out local homeless shelter and we are doing our best to abide by the social distancing rules.  of course, like anywhere, guidelines can be broken.

not a single case here.  

probably because Vitamin D is the no 1 protection against all illnesses, and always has been.  They are outdoors 24 hours a day and get a lot of it.  Plus they are exposed to more chances of viruses than any other sect of our society, their immunity systems are probably the strongest around

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

probably because Vitamin D is the no 1 protection against all illnesses, and always has been.  They are outdoors 24 hours a day and get a lot of it.  Plus they are exposed to more chances of viruses than any other sect of our society, their immunity systems are probably the strongest around

This.

No Vitamin D insufficiency (unless there's an actual malabsorption issue) due to plenty of sunlight.

There's research suggesting many people have helper T cells from experiencing other cold viruses, which recognize parts of COVID-19, and help them fend it off as a result. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, naomi said:

This.

No Vitamin D insufficiency (unless there's an actual malabsorption issue) due to plenty of sunlight.

There's research suggesting many people have helper T cells from experiencing other cold viruses, which recognize parts of COVID-19, and help them fend it off as a result. 

thank you for taking it further Naomi