Fumbleweed

**Round Four-Six Commentary**

I was hoping Bell would last to me, but I'll hope that the "insult" of the contract offers he got lights a fire under Gordon's ass.

So many WR's in this range it's almost a toss-up, but I'm hoping the return of Big Ben will bring JuJu's numbers back up.

Just now, worm said:

So many WR's in this range it's almost a toss-up, but I'm hoping the return of Big Ben will bring JuJu's numbers back up.

His return to the slot should help as well

Slow start yesterday, but we are rolling along very nicely now...

I had a feeling that was going to happen. Huge run on RB. Still a few left but getting slim on guys you could trust for RB2 production

I am ecstatic to get my RB3 here! He won’t lose his job this year, so he has a chance to produce. Go Bills!

Five running backs in a row...six in the round so far total. 

Yeah, the well is drying up fast.  I am interested/scared to see what is left when it comes back to me.

While I maybe should have grabbed another RB for insurance for Cook I just couldn't pass up on the value that Robinson has here.  He had a great year last year and I don't see it changing in a contract year.

Was hoping to be able to take the chance with OBJ. Can’t stand him personally but the upside is undeniable 

1 hour ago, remote controller said:

Fumble, you have my picks by team wrong.  Give me Evans for Jones to correct it.

I wish I would have taken Jones now though.

Fixed.

This fourth round has been amazing. All RBs for the first half of the round. All WRs since. 

13 hours ago, Fumbleweed said:

Fixed.

This fourth round has been amazing. All RBs for the first half of the round. All WRs since. 

the picks by team thread also has D.Parker and T. Gurley playing for two teams.   I think you are a closet Panthers fan?

The reason for the mistakes is that I'm using copy and paste to create single spacing between lines. If I just press return, everything double spaces. Sometimes, I leave a trail from the copying and pasting. 

Fumble - 

Use Shift-Enter (Shift-Return).  It will reduce it to a single-spaced enter.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Fumble - 

Use Shift-Enter (Shift-Return).  It will reduce it to a single-spaced enter.

That would make my life SO much easier... 

• Like 1

Round 5 - 5.1  This is the first pick that I haven't been comfortable with.  I have no problem with Ertz, and feel he is a solid, safe choice.  But he's just that - a safe choice.  He's reliably a solid option at tight end, but with a ceiling for the first time in his career.  I soooo wanted to go a different way, and maybe in August, I will.  I would love to actually have OTAs for news to come out of, and training camps will have a huge impact.  Even now, though, we could repeat this pattern next week, and I'd probably go the other way.  :)

My heart was in a much different place with this pick, but my head couldn't rationalize it well enough, though I feel the upside was better the other way.  We'll see.  I'll be curious to see where the alternative goes.  

This pick was WAY more difficult than I had anticipated.  There were a set of players I had forecasted to be available and I had them delineated in terms of +/-, but all the sudden I see players that I would never have expected to have access to here still on the board.....forcing me to do a rapid research to see WTF......

I didn't really struggle with my pick.  Andrews was the best player on the board for me and he just happened to be at a position I needed to fill.  I really dislike the TE position in fantasy football because it's usually so terrible after the top few players.  I feel pretty confident with this pick and not don't have to worry about the position.

Matt...wouldn't have made it that far. Andrews was my no-brainer pick at 5.06 as well. Back to the drawing board... 

Well Fumble, quit drawing up players I was going to take! (nice selection in the 5th)

So what am I missing on Ronald Jones? The unquestioned starter on a loaded offense? I took him earlier than most mocks, but don’t get why he’s falling that far. 

Just now, shovelheadt said:

So what am I missing on Ronald Jones? The unquestioned starter on a loaded offense? I took him earlier than most mocks, but don’t get why he’s falling that far. 

Still some thought that they could bring in a veteran to challenge him for the job. I won't name names. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shovelheadt said:

I wouldn't say the unquestioned starter, with Vaughn there and the possibility of D Freeman coming to Tampa...He barely beat out P Barber last year

2 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Has he ever really proven to be that good of a RB yet?

I was going to take Jones if you didn't. At this point in the draft (at least as far as RB's go), beggars can't be choosers. I have not seen RB's fly off the board so fast in my entire life!

ICEMAN

Can one of you guys text me when I’m up please. Was up all night with an integration. Need a quick nap. 317 586 0589

Just now, shovelheadt said:

Can one of you guys text me when I’m up please. Was up all night with an integration. Need a quick nap. 317 586 0589

I will do it. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I didn't really struggle with my pick.  Andrews was the best player on the board for me and he just happened to be at a position I needed to fill.  I really dislike the TE position in fantasy football because it's usually so terrible after the top few players.  I feel pretty confident with this pick and not don't have to worry about the position.

I almost went with him, but I guard myself against taking a TE too early, perhaps to my own disadvantage

Sorry guys, I'm up and getting the kids breakfast, will get to my pick pretty soon.

19 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I almost went with him, but I guard myself against taking a TE too early, perhaps to my own disadvantage

I hate taking a TE really early but I also hate dealing with the crap that's left in the later rounds.  I've gotten lucky very few times with late round TEs.

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I hate taking a TE really early but I also hate dealing with the crap that's left in the later rounds.  I've gotten lucky very few times with late round TEs.

Same here! It ends up driving me nuts the entire season.

ICEMAN

Happy to get Deebo as my WR3 here.

QB, I think there's a BIG dropoff coming after Wilson, Dak, and 1 more QB taken. I generally avoid QB early, but no RBs here thrill me, and QB presents the best value, IMHO.

Even though there's no flex spot, I felt like I had to take a RB before the promising ones were all gone.  Taylor could be the guy in Indy although it may take a few games to separate himself.  I had Dak and Russell very close, so I was happy to get Dak at this point.

Was hoping Woods would slide three more picks. Solid WR2...perfect WR3. 

Just now, Fumbleweed said:

Was hoping Woods would slide three more picks. Solid WR2...perfect WR3. 

With an unnamed receiver now gone, Woods has a chance to be a WR1 for the Rams. 100 targets at least, certainly a WR2.