Fumbleweed

**Round Four-Six Commentary**

You guys up top got some really nice value in this round with the likes of Woods and Boyd, well done gents.

So far this was the most I had to think about a pick.  A couple of the players I considered taking went right before me so I had to change things up.  I feel like I was right in between a WR tier here.  Went with Landry because he's been consistent.  There's competition around him but he should be able to get himself open plenty of times.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

So far this was the most I had to think about a pick.  A couple of the players I considered taking went right before me so I had to change things up.  I feel like I was right in between a WR tier here.  Went with Landry because he's been consistent.  There's competition around him but he should be able to get himself open plenty of times.

Same, my list and the way players are being taken is pretty interesting.  I like to script things, am learning some important stuff right now.

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Same, my list and the way players are being taken is pretty interesting.  I like to script things, am learning some important stuff right now.

"I like to script things, am learning some important stuff right now."

Care to share.....or at least later? One of the major points I love these Mocks is the information I can learn from you experts.

Thank you.

Was very happy to get Murray in this round. I would have taken Robert Woods over him, but once Woods was picked, this was an easy choice for me. With Hopkins now in the fold and Kenyan Drake catching passes out of the backfield, I think Murray is going to post some very good numbers, particularly playing at home. He's my #3 QB behind Mahomes and Jackson. 

13 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Was very happy to get Murray in this round. I would have taken Robert Woods over him, but once Woods was picked, this was an easy choice for me. With Hopkins now in the fold and Kenyan Drake catching passes out of the backfield, I think Murray is going to post some very good numbers, particularly playing at home. He's my #3 QB behind Mahomes and Jackson. 

Murray and Woods were both on my short list for my pick but they didn't make it to me either.

Murray was a good pick. I had them

jackson

mahomes

murray

wilson

dak

watson (I think I runs more this year)

then a handful of guys before Arod 

21 minutes ago, robb said:

"I like to script things, am learning some important stuff right now."

Care to share.....or at least later? One of the major points I love these Mocks is the information I can learn from you experts.

Thank you.

Lesson #1: Jackson is the only QB that anyone should consider in round 1; Mahomes the only one in round 2; while you can still find serviceable talent later, there is a dropoff in roughly round 6.

Lesson #2:  Where are the "runs" on position and how do I avoid getting caught up in that?  I am still an advocate of waiting on the TE spot unless that TE can reliably hit the forecasted performance of players near or after them. QB's are slightly less so this year IMHO, as was noted by others there were strings of players at the same position, what I havent figured out yet is whether or not it was quality-centric or just emotion...

Lesson #3: In past years I held picks 1-7 in pretty low regard, as I determined that having picks near the turn of 1&2 and beyond tended to offer a better value proposition, I do not see that as being true this year.  We appear to have some "special" players that are so much more in picks 1-6 than in 7-12 that having one of those early spots is an advantage.

Thanks!! Good observations.

Picking in the top 3 of the draft there was no chance I’d get Jackson in round 2 and also no chance at Murray or Wilson in round 6. 

so yes by adp Allen is a reach but I have him ranked after only 1 QB yet to be drafted... the thing is I have too many players from that team already... and I have him above Rodgers who I feel is a top 5 nfl QB but fading in fantasy. 

Buffalo Bills run!!