Sign in to follow this  
KayJay1971

NASCAR bans confederate flags.

Now that’s downright race ist

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Honestly, whatever.  

The people who fly it in 2020 do it for different reasons than those when I was a kid, when the General Lee had it on its hood.  It was more a southern pride thing back then (I never knew it to be racial).  Today there is one reason you fly it.    

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Honestly, whatever.  

The people who fly it in 2020 do it for different reasons than those when I was a kid, when the General Lee had it on its hood.  It was more a southern pride thing back then (I never knew it to be racial).  Today there is one reason you fly it.    

That's how I saw as a kid. I mean, I never lived in the south except briefly when I was in AIT in the Army, but who could say the Dukes of Hazzard or Lynyrd Skynyrd were racist? That they are now is overreach.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Honestly, whatever.  

Your best post in a month. 

"What 'enter anyfuckingthing' means to me, it MUST MEAN THE SAME THING TO YOU!: 

This country has lost it's way. The left has driven us off the cliff. Let's hope when the the bus stops rolling over that it lands right side up. 

Otherwise, we're in for some rough days ahead. 

9 minutes ago, The Observer said:

About time

Ever been to a race? Or just throwing shade about something you have no clue about? 

Nevermind. I already know.

Just now, 5-Points said:

Ever been to a race? Or just throwing shade about something you have no clue about? 

Nevermind. I already know.

I have been to Pocono a few times.  As KSB said, anyone flying a Confederate flag at this point, is doing it for one reason. 

16 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

That's how I saw as a kid. I mean, I never lived in the south except briefly when I was in AIT in the Army, but who could say the Dukes of Hazzard or Lynyrd Skynyrd were racist? That they are now is overreach.

The only thing that irks me a bit is that, and of course I'm making up stats (but its based on life experience), 90+% of people just 10 years ago looked at the Confederate Flag as a symbol of Southern Pride.  News Flash people:  Being southern means a thousand things before anything racial comes into play.  I know that's hard to believe from liberals who stereotype us (irony) but it is true.  However the past decade or so and especially the past 4-5 years it seems that its been totally hijacked to mean one thing and one thing only, what the minority of people flew it for.   For better or for worse that is where we are at, so meh, ban it, whatever.   I don't care anymore.  

• Sad 1

If John Deere sponsored a car it would likely make the BLM sponsored car irrelevant. We only have to look back a few years when John Deere did in fact make black lives irrelevant. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I have been to Pocono a few times.  As KSB said, anyone flying a Confederate flag at this point, is doing it for one reason. 

The Stars and Bars has always been a rebel flag to me. It has never carried any racist connotations. It symbolized a spirit of "leave me the fock alone."

I understand that it may mean something different to somebody else but they don't have the right to force their opinion on me and vice-versa. 

I long for the America when people were left alone to live their lives and make up their own minds about what meant what to them. 

Sadly, an anti-American minority has forced us to this point. It doesn't bode well for them but America will emerge stronger than ever. 

So, in the immortal words of Michael Buffer; "LET'S GET IT ON!"

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

The Stars and Bars has always been a rebel flag to me. It has never carried any racist connotations. It symbolized a spirit of "leave me the fock alone."

I understand that it may mean something different to somebody else but they don't have the right to force their opinion on me and vice-versa. 

I long for the America when people were left alone to live their lives and make up their own minds about what meant what to them. 

Sadly, an anti-American minority has forced us to this point. It doesn't bode well for them but America will emerge stronger than ever. 

So, in the immortal words of Michael Buffer; "LET'S GET IT ON!"

That flag is symbol of slavery, racism, and oppression. It's also a symbol of losers getting their asses kicked. Unfortunately, a few knuckle draggers are still behind the times. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, The Observer said:

That flag is symbol of slavery, racism, and oppression. It's also a symbol of losers getting their asses kicked. Unfortunately, a few knuckle draggers are still behind the times. 

All your trips to NASCAR in the Poconos, did you see any instances of racism?

14 minutes ago, The Observer said:

To you. Are you a facist that has to attach your views to everything and force everybody else to concede? Oh, wait, nevermind, you support antifags. Of course you think everybody should think and feel the same way you do. 

Remember when that was anti-American? I do. And so do the rest of us who still think for ourselves. 

You will reap what you sow. Beware.

44 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

The only thing that irks me a bit is that, and of course I'm making up stats (but its based on life experience), 90+% of people just 10 years ago looked at the Confederate Flag as a symbol of Southern Pride.  News Flash people:  Being southern means a thousand things before anything racial comes into play.  I know that's hard to believe from liberals who stereotype us (irony) but it is true.  However the past decade or so and especially the past 4-5 years it seems that its been totally hijacked to mean one thing and one thing only, what the minority of people flew it for.   For better or for worse that is where we are at, so meh, ban it, whatever.   I don't care anymore.  

When I was a teenager, I joined the sons of confederate veterans. I was a history huff, and majorly into the Civil War. I wanted to be in the reenactments. Used to go to Civil War battlefields in the area a lot (shiloh, Vicksburg, parkers crossroads). 

Had to find an ancestor who was in the confederate army. The genealogy was fun.

But the meetings were silly. All they ever did was raise money to hang gigantic confederate flags here and there. After a couple months, I said to my dad... 

"you know, I'm glad the south lost the war... I don't get the whole flag thing."

Then you should probably quit then. So I did. Never even got to be in a reenactment (had to be 18 unless you were a drummer boy, but fock that, I wanted a gun.)

25 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Imagine if all racists decided to boycott Nascar?  There'd be like 12 people at every race.

Imagine if all the blacks, except Uncle Tom’s, were gone.   No more welfare or crime.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, The Observer said:

Since when does your team care how someone expresses themselves?  

all the recent hub bub is over a career criminal killed in the act of committing a crime.  

Great wagon to hitch to buddy.  Bwahahahahahah

Just now, Alias Detective said:

So what?  Since when does your team care how someone thinks or expresses themselves?  

Soon it'll be the red hats that will be considered swastika-like. In some places, you already get your ass kicked for wearing one. 

1 minute ago, The Observer said:Soon it'll be the red hats that will be considered swastika-like. In some places, you already get your ass kicked for wearing one. 

A flag or symbol or red hat hurts me. BwahahhahHahah

Focking puzzy.

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Soon it'll be the red hats that will be considered swastika-like. In some places, you already get your ass kicked for wearing one. 

Sure, your team cries and bitches like well, Millennials and negroids.

10 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Imagine if all the blacks, except Uncle Tom’s, were gone.   No more welfare or crime.  

That sounds like the best place on earth

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

A flag or symbol or red hat hurts me. BwahahhahHahah

Focking puzzy.

Are you against swastikas?   They don't hurt anyone.  Just a symbol, right?

Just now, BiffTannen said:

That sounds like the best place on earth

Sounds like what the USA was intended to be.  Focking Dems brought over the worthless slaves.

Just now, The Observer said:

Are you against swastikas?   They don't hurt anyone.  Just a symbol, right?

I couldn’t care a bit less about a swastica symbol.  To some it means something totally different. Just  like a rope hanging from a tree.  It’s all what you allow your head to believe it is.  

9 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I couldn’t care a bit less about a swastica symbol.  To some it means something totally different. Just  like a rope hanging from a tree.  It’s all what you allow your head to believe it is.  

Well to millions of people, it represents hatred and death. Just like your confederate flag. Your side is losing ground. 

I just got off an hour long call with the entire company. Subject. Racism. Now I believe that everyone should be upset about what happened to Floyd. It shows a problem with people in authority. We've seen it in Washington and on a local level. But as always they going totally overboard with it. The company I work for is very liberal. We all know that racism, homophobia and whatnot will not be tolerated. We didn't need an hour long meeting to tell us that. 

27 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Well to millions of people, it represents hatred and death. Just like your confederate flag. Your side is losing ground. 

BLM ‘s slogan is racist and means hatred and death to me and many others.  Christ boy, it’s right in the name.  Why does that symbol need to be tolerated?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

BLM ‘s slogan is racist and means hatred and death to me and many others.  Christ boy, it’s right in the name.  Why does that symbol need to be tolerated?

Stage a protest.  Don't know what to tell you Precious. 

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

Stage a protest.  Don't know what to tell you Precious. 

No, I’m not a puzzy.  

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

No, I’m not a puzzy.  

You've been crying about a flag for two hours now. I think we have different definitions of pussie. 🤣

14 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Honestly, whatever.  

Minor correction, it was on the roof...