Sign in to follow this  
SteelersX6

3 YEAR ROOKIE ONLY DYNASTY HYBRID-COOL UNIQUE CONCEPT

I am creating a 8 team ROOKIE ONLY Dynasty Hybrid League that will encompass 3 total seasons. Here are the highlights:

* A 5 round Rookie Draft will be held shortly after the NFL Draft in 3 consecutive years. Drafts will be slow, email snake drafts with 8 hour timer (paused during overnight hours). This year's draft will start as soon as league is full.

* There will be 2 copies of each player at QB and TE and 1 copy of each player at RB and WR available in the draft. One copy of player per team allowed.

* Draft order will be generated as follow: Year 1 (random) - Year 2 (reverse of year 1) - Year 3 (random)

* Each franchise will eventually consist of the 15 players drafted during those 3 Rookie Drafts. 

* Year round trading will be allowed but limited waivers/free agency process. 

* One time supplemental blind bidding waivers prior to start of formal competition in year 3 only. Each team could replace a maximum of 2 drafted players (possibly players that are injured or no longer in NFL) with any player drafted the same year as the player they are replacing. $100 FAAB budget.

* 2 Emergency Waiver Claims allowed any time throughout season to replace injured or non performing players. First come first served. Players claimed must be players who were drafted in any of the last 3 NFL Drafts (that occurred during the league's existence). 

* No formal competition years one and two. Best Ball Tourney in year 3 for all the marbles (NFL weeks 1-16).

* 5 player starting lineups. Starters will include 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (RB/WR)

* Scoring will be typical 1 point PPR format.

* $50 non refundable draft fee per team prior to each of the 3 rookie drafts for a total entry fee of $150 per team. Money collected and held via Leaguesafe. 

* $1200 total prize pot. $1000 League Champ / $200 Runner Up.

* League would be hosted on MFL (My Fantasy League) site in year 3 only because it is the best site for custom formats like this one. All communication will be via email for first 2 years. League site fees would be split among all 10 owners and would be collected with year 3 drafting fees. (Current MFL charge is $69.95 for early bird) so site cost would likely come out to approximately $7 per owner. 

This league will require minimal effort and financial commitment and will be great for those involved in multiple leagues and who love the process of evaluating and drafting NFL rookies. Have fun drafting for several days each spring and maybe win a GRAND (or a cool $500). If interested, please email me at rentedmules02@yahoo.com.

I'm thinking about changing from a 10 team league to an 8 team league and reducing the copies of players for rookie drafts to 2 copies for QB and TE and 1 copy for RB and WR. I still want the top prize to be $1000, so 2nd place would drop to $200. 

I also would require fees for years 1 and 2 to be paid prior to the year 1 draft and the fee for year 3 to be paid prior to the year 2 draft. This is to prevent someone from deciding not to pay and drop out because they don't like their team heading into year 3. It would break down as follows:

$100 due prior to year 1 draft (which I'm hoping to hold early next month).

$50 due prior to year 2 draft (plus $7 for MFL site fee, which will be available prior to year 3 draft).

$0 due in year 3

I'm looking for 2 more people to join so we can get this thing kicked off. Email to rentedmules02@yahoo.com if interested.