Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Rage Against the Machine offends snowflakes

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/wing-fans-mocked-boycotting-rage-091003291.html

This isn't some major story, it's not even a story really, it was just some Twitter right wing snowflakes who all of a sudden got woke to their lyrics. I thought it was amusing since people have had a few decades to interpret their lyrics. 

One person even whined about music being their sanctuary or safe space, something like that. 

Always found RATM a bit absurd. A group of rich kids forming a band and  raging against the machine. Who now live in mansions and are still raging against the machine. Sorry boys, your rage is laughable. You have accountants, lawyers and business managers on speed dial. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Always found RATM a bit absurd. A group of rich kids forming a band and  raging against the machine. Who now live in mansions and are still raging against the machine. Sorry boys, your rage is laughable. You have accountants, lawyers and business managers on speed dial. 

If you look at the messenger then it is absurd. Still liked their music a lot at the time and I enjoy it now. 

3 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

If you look at the messenger then it is absurd. Still liked their music a lot at the time and I enjoy it now. 

Why? It’s like listening to Newbie about racism. What could he possibly know about it? What could some rich kids now rich men know about poverty? They sure sing a lot about the underclass.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why? It’s like listening to Newbie about racism. What could he possibly know about it? What could some rich kids now rich men know about poverty? They sure sing a lot about the underclass.  

Why do I enjoy it? I like the lyrics and the heavier tone of it. It's similar to listening to some of the hard rock or metal I like, it gets me into a good mood. If I like a song, I don't have to be 100% sure that the person singing it believes in it's message. It's just a song, if it's good to me then I'm going to listen to it.

5 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Why do I enjoy it? I like the lyrics and the heavier tone of it. It's similar to listening to some of the hard rock or metal I like, it gets me into a good mood. If I like a song, I don't have to be 100% sure that the person singing it believes in it's message. It's just a song, if it's good to me then I'm going to listen to it.

I get it. But they step outside of their songs to make political statements about things they can’t possibly have any experience in. Thats my issue, not the music. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I get it. But they step outside of their songs to make political statements about things they can’t possibly have any experience in. Thats my issue, not the music. 

I don't care what they say politically. They have exactly 0 experience in the position they are defending. I just like the music but will never listen to anything they say outside of their music experience. 

Anyway, it seems the rage is paying off. Change isn’t coming, it’s here. Now what? 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wasn't this the entire grunge "movement"???

Just now, Bert said:

RATM is all about politics. It’s like they never had a girlfriend.  

25 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

so we write articles about retards comment on twitter now and call it a story?

You must be new here.

So let me get this straight... one group is offended by someone's 'words', and they're getting mocked for it, instead of issuing apologies and removing those words?  Sounds like a typical day from the Left.  Wait, what's that?  The people complaining are on the Right... and the Left is mocking them?  They refuse to apologize or take actions to right their wrongs?  Yup, I was right, a typical day for the Left.  Hypocrisy 101. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

so we write articles about retards comment on twitter now and call it a story?

It shouldn't even be a story, and I said as much in the OP. I just thought it was funny to see people just now realizing the blatantly obvious politically motivated lyrics that have been around for decades, and then they act like Rage just now put the lyrics into their songs. 

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So let me get this straight... one group is offended by someone's 'words', and they're getting mocked for it, instead of issuing apologies and removing those words?  Sounds like a typical day from the Left.  Wait, what's that?  The people complaining are on the Right... and the Left is mocking them?  Yup, I was right, a typical day for the Left.  Hypocrisy 101. 

I would say they are being mocked for not realizing this a long time ago. It's OK to mock morons

5 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I would say they are being mocked for not realizing this a long time ago. It's OK to mock morons

Fair enough, but aren't there many things going on these days that are the exact same thing?  I mean, it's been over 150 years that the Dems fought to keep slaves and built statues to memorialize their.  Yet, only in the last 10 to 15 years or so, people want to take them down because they're racist.  What, this is new?  Gone with the Wind?  It's just NOW being targeted for removal?

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Fair enough, but aren't there many things going on these days that are the exact same thing?  I mean, it's been over 150 years that the Dems fought to keep slaves and built statues to memorialize their.  Yet, only in the last 10 to 15 years or so, people want to take them down because they're racist.  What, this is new?  Gone with the Wind?  It's just NOW being targeted for removal?

There's a million things to talk about related to this. I hate snowflakes and the dems get hammered for being snowflakes all the time. Which in fine with when they deserve it. I just wanted to bring some attention to some snowflakes on the other side. 

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

There's a million things to talk about related to this. I hate snowflakes and the dems get hammered for being snowflakes all the time. Which in fine with when they deserve it. I just wanted to bring some attention to some snowflakes on the other side. 

Oh, I fully agree.  I just find it funny how Dem's always say people have to listen and change - and we know who "people" are, yet they're not willing to do the same.

40 minutes ago, MDC said:

You must be new here.

im referring to yahoo.  i guess if they are reporting on retarded twitter comments....they will have plenty to write about

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I don't care what they say politically.  I just like the music but will never listen to anything they say outside of their music experience. 

I'm the same with Dead Kennedys and Sex Pistols. 
Love the music, find the lyrics hillarious

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Agree

I don’t know if you guys have noticed, but I think Weird Al is copying other people’s songs. 

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Were all the grunge artist born rich? I have no idea. 

They did banish all the spandex and mascara, glam rock garbage to the cornfield. For doing that, I can forgive them anything else. 

Sorry SUX.  :(

Just in case anybody doesn't remember how bad that trash was:

https://youtu.be/ZWbj64Rwfvc

5 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

They did banish all the spandex and mascara, glam rock garbage to the cornfield. For doing that, I can forgive them anything else. 

You scared with the spandex mascara comment.  I am with you on the video you posted but I do like this:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

You scared with the spandex mascara comment.  I am with you on the video you posted but I do like this:

You made your point. They were good. 

2 hours ago, porkbutt said:

im referring to yahoo.  i guess if they are reporting on retarded twitter comments....they will have plenty to write about

I see a lot of stories of this type at the GC. “OMG some crazy online lib said something Reeeeee!” 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

I see a lot of stories of this type at the GC. “OMG some crazy online lib said something Reeeeee!” 

Yeah no shlt. They are everywhere.

9 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

Alllrighty then, you mutherfukker...This is war :mad:

I get the genre what is called Glam Rock. 
While DOA is not what I consider my idea of Glam Rock, I get your point. Stupid and worthless point, but I get it. :P

As a real musician (you, not me) should understand is that some of the most talented ones came from the "glam"  era.

Either way, as I have always said, Music is subjective. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is it required to have experience with something to condemn it? 

Ive never been trafficked as a child sex slave. Never been worked 20 hours a week in a sweatshop. Never been beaten and tortured by prison guards. Never been starving. Never been raped.

Yet I am against all those things... 

7 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Is it required to have experience with something to condemn it? 

Ive never been trafficked as a child sex slave. Never been worked 20 hours a week in a sweatshop. Never been beaten and tortured by prison guards. Never been starving. Never been raped.

Yet I am against all those things... 

I think you’re being a bit extreme in your example. Yes, if everything you speak about is the plight of the underclass and the machine, you don’t really have the insight into the problem and what can solve it as someone actually living in it. You see how well the upperclass has served the underclass when they get involved. 

Fock you I won’t do as you tell me, Fock you I won’t do as you tell me, Fock you I won’t do as you tell me, Fock you I won’t do as you tell me, Fock you I won’t do as you tell me, Fock you I won’t do as you tell me, Mutherfucker 

14 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Alllrighty then, you mutherfukker...This is war :mad:

I get the genre what is called Glam Rock. 
While DOA is not what I consider my idea of Glam Rock, I get your point. Stupid and worthless point, but I get it. :P

As a real musician (you, not me) should understand is that some of the most talented ones came from the "glam"  era.

Either way, as I have always said, Music is subjective. 

Yes. Greta talents like Steve Vai.   :headbanger:

Lots of musical chops in a lot of those bands. 

• Like 1

I like their music but am smart enough to realize they are the exact opposite of what they preach.

Corporate hoors who support government oppression.

And OP should be suspended for posting a fake new story from at&t. A kindergartner can tell that is all made up shite just to get clicks.