Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Rounds Eleven-Sixteen Commentary**

Dan will be here shortly.

It was imperative to take my defense at this turn, as Ray will certainly draft one before my next turn (which would take away my chance of being first in that category), and then someone else would feel free to start grabbing.  SMH.  Then I'd have to settle.

Remarkable pace this week. Looking at a Monday or Tuesday finish. Kudos to all. Check in over the weekend as able. :thumbsup:

I am guessing Ray is out for the weekend. See everyone on Monday. This has been a most enjoyable and learning Mock so far!

• Like 1

Welcome back from the weekend! Really hoping for a Tuesday afternoon finish here, so let's shoot for that if we can. :thumbsup:

No sign of Matt's Eagles this morning. Mike, when is it o.k. to make a pick for him? 

On 6/12/2020 at 2:26 PM, remote controller said:

I am very surprised one QB is still on the board.

Was it Cousins?  I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did too.

10 minutes ago, worm said:

I don't see him as much of a big fantasy points producer.

13 minutes ago, worm said:

Cousins' worth probably resides with how quickly Jefferson and Irv Smith develop. Thielen is really the only proven WR threat, which means the Vikings would ideally like to win with the running game and defense. But, against potent offenses, Cousins will have to air it out more and he's certainly capable of that. 

Jarwin looked good in limited action last year, the the Cowboys thought enough of him to give him 8 million a year. Lots of mouths to feed in Dallas, but if Lamb doesn't develop or there's an injury, he could feast.

Cohen has a limited upside as he's too small to be the guy, but the Bears have got to get him involved for their offense to work well. Should provide some consistency through the air, with the possibility of a few big games.

Just now, Vikings4ever said:

Jarwin looked good in limited action last year, the the Cowboys thought enough of him to give him 8 million a year. Lots of mouths to feed in Dallas, but if Lamb doesn't develop or there's an injury, he could feast.

Cohen has a limited upside as he's too small to be the guy, but the Bears have got to get him involved for their offense to work well. Should provide some consistency through the air, with the possibility of a few big games.

Was hoping Jarwin would fall to 14.07. Nice pick. 

4 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Cohen was going to be my pick this round.  He can put up some good numbers and is worth having as a bench player.  He's a good player for best ball leagues.

Edmonds was really one of the last couple RB's that I felt was a high-upside handcuff, so once he was off the board I decided to add a potentially explosive WR (if he is indeed healthy).  With Alshon's Lisfranc injury and a rookie as his other competition, he may be relied on early.

Anderson's a good receiver, but, man, he landed in about the worst fantasy spot possible for him.

I just can't see him doing much with Teddy's noodle arm. Maybe he'll surprise, and this late there aren't really any BAD picks, but...

Anderson.........eeh................JAG...................had one other WR was considering, but 2 sites had Anderson as the next best WR available. Not excited, but he does things that DJ Moore doesn't.

2 hours ago, worm said:

Nope.  Check out the list of receivers on the team of one of the guys still not selected.

Howard is a low risk pick at 14.09 as my backup TE.

It might be true that Gronk simply wipes him off the stats, or it might be true that he benefits in some way.  Worth a poke at the pick and with a starter on hand 

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Howard is a low risk pick at 14.09 as my backup TE.

It might be true that Gronk simply wipes him off the stats, or it might be true that he benefits in some way.  Worth a poke at the pick and with a starter on hand 

I’m just impressed you chose a second TE...

Human Rayne Delay

• Like 1

Ray around? Can anyone text/email him? Awfully slow this morning.

Will give Ray until noon central time. Then, we’ll proceed. 

Sorry all, dealing with a nasty DDOS issue right now

I'm a bit surprised only 4 of us went DEF and K in the last 2 rounds, I thought there would be at least a few more.

If there's not someone you're really targeting in 13 or 14, I can see grabbing one of the better kickers or defenses and seeing who's leftover in the last 2 rounds. Though generally I'll find someone I don't want to risk losing out on by waiting.

Thanks Vikes for getting the Round Sixteen thread up and running. 

53 minutes ago, worm said:

I'm a bit surprised only 4 of us went DEF and K in the last 2 rounds, I thought there would be at least a few more.

My kicker pick was 14.11 only because I didn’t feel like letting Dan snipe Lutz and I was confident I could still get Samuel at 15.02

until we really change DST scoring, it will always be my last pick 

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

My kicker pick was 14.11 only because I didn’t feel like letting Dan snipe Lutz and I was confident I could still get Samuel at 15.02

until we really change DST scoring, it will always be my last pick 

D/ST got changed last year to include sacks, INTs, and fumble recoveries. But there's such a turnover in that position I can't justify picking one before the last 4 rounds.

Fumble:

I sent you a message with my 16.04 selection in case I am gone. Go ahead and select right away, no need to wait!

9 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

D/ST got changed last year to include sacks, INTs, and fumble recoveries. But there's such a turnover in that position I can't justify picking one before the last 4 rounds.

Sort of forgot about that

still, DST isn’t a position you’re going to lose to injury and only 12 will be drafted. I’m still comfy waiting until round 16

I know V4E doesn't feel this way with his noodle arm comment, but I am shocked that an accurate passer, who simply wins games he's playing, has weapons named McCaffrey, D.J Moore, Robbie Anderson, and Curtis Samuel, is not selected.  Moore and Samuel made big strides last year with a lesser QB on an offense that McCaffrey takes away the safety on most plays.  Ian Thomas is promising and that's another possible weapon.  Now they have Robbie to take off the top exposing that soft middle.  Then the cherry is a new and exciting young head coach, with Joe Burrows OC.

10 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I know V4E doesn't feel this way with his noodle arm comment, but I am shocked that an accurate passer, who simply wins games he's playing, has weapons named McCaffrey, D.J Moore, Robbie Anderson, and Curtis Samuel, is not selected.  Moore and Samuel made big strides last year with a lesser QB on an offense that McCaffrey takes away the safety on most plays.  Ian Thomas is promising and that's another possible weapon.  Now they have Robbie to take off the top exposing that soft middle.  Then the cherry is a new and exciting young head coach.    

That was more about Anderson's situation. But in his 5 starts last year for the Saints (a team hardly devoid of offensive talent), Teddy averaged 241 yards and 1.8 TDs a game. When I'm picking a QB2, I want one with upside. I just don't see it in Bridgewater.

Just now, Vikings4ever said:

That was more about Anderson's situation. But in his 5 starts last year for the Saints (a team hardly devoid of offensive talent), Teddy averaged 241 yards and 1.8 TDs a game. When I'm picking a QB2, I want one with upside. I just don't see it in Bridgewater.

He wasn't asked to do anything.  I believe he can and has a coach and OC who wanted him.

Nice bears pick fumble 

Believe me, Bridgewater was on my list along with Darnold, but for Best Ball my thinking is Minshew will have  2-4 great games and may out score Mahomes, but I didn’t see that upside in Bridgewater. Game Manager with excellent WRs.

6 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Ray is always a delay ............ for years.

Go ahead and pick your D/ST. He doesn’t need one. 

Wonder you can select your D\ST even if Ray hasn’t picked yet. 

I can't tell you how much I wanted you to stop talking about Bridgewater. He's been on my list for many rounds now. I knew way back when I took Baker Mayfield, that I had a problem that exists when there is no free agency. They both have a week 9 bye. So enter mr. Bridgewater.