Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Last of Us 2 comes out in 4 days..

Oh yeah.  My pre-order is all set with Amazon.   :banana:

Not sure when I'll actually start playing it though.  I still have a bunch of Assassin's Creed Odyssey to plow through.

Shouldn't have to ask this, but please NO SPOILERS!!!! 

6 minutes ago, DonS said:

Oh yeah.  My pre-order is all set with Amazon.   :banana:

Not sure when I'll actually start playing it though.  I still have a bunch of Assassin's Creed Odyssey to plow through.

Shouldn't have to ask this, but please NO SPOILERS!!!! 

I never buy/ play games till vetted for a few months by the gaming community.  Safe from me 😁

• Thanks 1

Just now, fandandy said:

Just got an email that mine shipped.  Actually, my daughters.  

:banana:   Amazon? 

Just now, DonS said:

:banana:   Amazon? 

Best Buy.  I was curious if they shipped on the release or I would receive it on the release date.  Looks like I'll be receiving it by Friday.  She will be excited.  I also have Cyberpunk preordered.  

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Best Buy.  I was curious if they shipped on the release or I would receive it on the release date.  Looks like I'll be receiving it by Friday.  She will be excited.  I also have Cyberpunk preordered.  

Besides Last Of Us 2 I've also pre-ordered the Ghost of Whatever samurai game.  When does Cyberpunk come out? 

18 minutes ago, DonS said:

Besides Last Of Us 2 I've also pre-ordered the Ghost of Whatever samurai game.  When does Cyberpunk come out? 

September supposedly.  You'd prolly like that one.  Same creators as the Witcher 3.  Open world sci-fi.

Apparently Last of Us went totally political with virtue signalling, identity politics and white guilt.

Just now, riversco said:

Apparently Last of Us went totally political with virtue signalling, identity politics and white guilt.

That would be a shame.

We already know the main character is a lesbo.  No biggie. 

14 hours ago, fandandy said:

Should be right up my daughter's alley then.  

:o   

where is GFIAFP when he's needed

Going back thru the 1st one for like the 3rd time before it gets here.  Also ordered ghost of whatever too...

Debating on waiting for ps5 to play them? Any experience advantage to that?

I agree with the man in the video and will be looking at other games first. I may never get around to playing this one. I love Naughty Dog for both this and the Uncharted games too. Still, the best lesson for these companies is to boycott them and for them to financially flop each and every time that they give us woke bullsh*t. Deliver that message to their bottom line often enough and they'll figure it out.

19 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I agree with the man in the video and will be looking at other games first. I may never get around to playing this one. I love Naughty Dog for both this and the Uncharted games too. Still, the best lesson for these companies is to boycott them and for them to financially flop each and every time that they give us woke bullsh*t. Deliver that message to their bottom line often enough and they'll figure it out.

I just cant keep track of all the companies I should boycott.   

18 hours ago, fandandy said:

September supposedly.  You'd prolly like that one.  Same creators as the Witcher 3.  Open world sci-fi.

I've seen some of the videos for Cyberpunk and it looks great.  I'll go ahead and pre-order that one as well. 

3 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Going back thru the 1st one for like the 3rd time before it gets here.  Also ordered ghost of whatever too...

Debating on waiting for ps5 to play them? Any experience advantage to that?

I've considered another play through as well. Think I've played it twice. Always a good time taking down those cannibals in the snow. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure any potential advantages would be significant enough to justify waiting another 6 months to play. Maybe the 3D audio, but I'd imagine games would need to be specifically developed for the PS5 to take full advantage of that feature. 

6 hours ago, DonS said:

I've considered another play through as well. Think I've played it twice. Always a good time taking down those cannibals in the snow. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure any potential advantages would be significant enough to justify waiting another 6 months to play. Maybe the 3D audio, but I'd imagine games would need to be specifically developed for the PS5 to take full advantage of that feature. 

Is it typical if the PS4 fan has gotten loud over time? Basically running on max. Mine is fine for TV stuff, but when i play games, the fan goes really loud like it's working on very high. Kind of like the difference of a regular fan on low vs. it being turned to max. 

I cleaned up the venting areas but no change. When I play Last of Us there is a lot of effective silence time. No music etc... That's part of the quality of the game.  But with the fan going crazy, you can kind of tune it out, but you have to up the volume, and I notice when I turn of the PS4, it's kind of like a calming moment not hearing it anymore.

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Is it typical if the PS4 fan has gotten loud over time? Basically running on max. Mine is fine for TV stuff, but when i play games, the fan goes really loud like it's working on very high. Kind of like the difference of a regular fan on low vs. it being turned to max. 

I cleaned up the venting areas but no change. When I play Last of Us there is a lot of effective silence time. No music etc... That's part of the quality of the game.  But with the fan going crazy, you can kind of tune it out, but you have to up the volume, and I notice when I turn of the PS4, it's kind of like a calming moment not hearing it anymore.

I haven't noticed that with mine.  Then again I have it in an enclosed wooden TV stand so that probably helps deaden any fan noise.  I also only bought mine 2-3 years ago. 

23 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

35 minutes ago, DonS said:

I haven't noticed that with mine.  Then again I have it in an enclosed wooden TV stand so that probably helps deaden any fan noise.  I also only bought mine 2-3 years ago. 

I think I have had mine since it came out.

anyone get it yet? I will probably just buy it from ps store. 

3 hours ago, edjr said:

anyone get it yet? I will probably just buy it from ps store. 

Mine arrived yesterday.  Need to finish AC first.  G0ddamn that game is massive. 

Dude... I heard some wicked spoilers.... trans sh!t?  Full on gay sex scenes?  What in  the actual fock?

6 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Dude... I heard some wicked spoilers.... trans sh!t?  Full on gay sex scenes?  What in  the actual fock?

Gay sex scenes wouldn't surprise me since main character is a lez.  Trannies, though?  Sheesh. 

5 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

It went full woke and now is totally political.

6 hours ago, DonS said:

Mine arrived yesterday.  Need to finish AC first.  G0ddamn that game is massive. 

I started it. When the "current game day" (four years later) begins, the first 30-45 minutes gives an indication to where I think the game is heading. 19 years olds being 19 year olds during an apocalypse. Pretty cool game so far but I'm hoping the whole "woke" thing doesn't go too far as I see it could happen the way the story is being set up.

To be fair, the first Last of Us was pretty much about Joel's emotional recharge after years previously having lost his daughter and turning into a survivalist at heart, then reluctantly and slowly opening up and caring for Elli over time. The whole thing with Bill (I think his name was) was a bit odd that they felt like they needed to add that gay detail but was well done in terms of making the character human in a sense.

If it goes way down the emotional trail of a bunch of 19 year olds dealing with their sexual relationships, then I may be disappointed overall in the game because the first game didn't push it on the player. 

All that being said, The beginning of it is pretty good with something you probably wouldn't expect to happen not far into the game.

I'm saying all this as I didn't read up on anything about the game before I started so I'm learning as I go along here.

Anyone played the first one?  If so, how is it?  My GF just ordered it. 

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I started it. When the "current game day" (four years later) begins, the first 30-45 minutes gives an indication to where I think the game is heading. 19 years olds being 19 year olds during an apocalypse. Pretty cool game so far but I'm hoping the whole "woke" thing doesn't go too far as I see it could happen the way the story is being set up.

To be fair, the first Last of Us was pretty much about Joel's emotional recharge after years previously having lost his daughter and turning into a survivalist at heart, then reluctantly and slowly opening up and caring for Elli over time. The whole thing with Bill (I think his name was) was a bit odd that they felt like they needed to add that gay detail but was well done in terms of making the character human in a sense.

If it goes way down the emotional trail of a bunch of 19 year olds dealing with their sexual relationships, then I may be disappointed overall in the game because the first game didn't push it on the player. 

All that being said, The beginning of it is pretty good with something you probably wouldn't expect to happen not far into the game.

I'm saying all this as I didn't read up on anything about the game before I started so I'm learning as I go along hear.

Rgr that. Was your copy a pre-order?  I received an email from Amazon with a code to redeem.  Curious to find out what the pre order bonus is for this game (better weapon, skin, etc) 

I was tempted to just say fock it to AC and start playing Last Of Us 2 but I'll push on through.  I'm definitely just focusing on the main quests at this point though. 

Just now, Strike said:

One of my favorite games evah.  Such a great story, visuals, violence, everything. 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

Rgr that. Was your copy a pre-order?  I received an email from Amazon with a code to redeem.  Curious to find out what the pre order bonus is for this game (better weapon, skin, etc) 

I was tempted to just say fock it to AC and start playing Last Of Us 2 but I'll push on through.  I'm definitely just focusing on the main quests at this point though. 

No pre-order. I just bought it and downloaded yesterday. I'm not sure how long it took to download cause I just kicked it off and left it. It may have taken a while so you can just do that bit and go back to working.  I had to make space for it by taking other games off my PS4.

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yes really good. You don't have chapters or bosses really so it's almost like a continuous game. Lots of scavenging which I really like exploring rooms for stuffs. But really well done

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

Oh hell yeah. Take your time with it. It's a great mix of story-line and action. Once you really know what you are doing in the game and how to manage your assets, then it becomes really fun. There are a bunch of situations you get into that you need to employ serious stealth and strategy to get through things. And pay close attentions to the personalities, they mean a lot in that game as it progresses through every stage.

28 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

No pre-order. I just bought it and downloaded yesterday. I'm not sure how long it took to download cause I just kicked it off and left it. It may have taken a while so you can just do that bit and go back to working.  I had to make space for it by taking other games off my PS4.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll need to remove several games to make room. 

Thanks all.  She's says thanks too.  She's excited for it.

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Yeah, I'm sure I'll need to remove several games to make room. 

You can connect an external hard drive to the PS4.  Something like this.