Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Last of Us 2 comes out in 4 days..

5 minutes ago, fandandy said:

You can connect an external hard drive to the PS4.  Something like this.

Thx for the info, but deleting old games is no biggie.  Old save data is all that matters as you can always reinstall the game itself later. 

I'm looking forward to wandering around devastated Seattle.  I've seen some images showing the real buildings to the in-game versions.  My previous office downtown was in a fairly distinctively shaped building, directly across from the federal bldg.  Will be cool to say "hey! That's my old office!"

And this is why I don't pre-order games other than yearly sports games that would be really hard to completely fock up.:ninja:

1 minute ago, Vikings4ever said:

And this is why I don't pre-order games other than yearly sports games that would be really hard to completely fock up.:ninja:

Just wait until the next Madden comes out.  It will probably include a simulated halftime show full of trannies and "Fock the Police" PSAs. 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

I'm looking forward to wandering around devastated Seattle.  I've seen some images showing the real buildings to the in-game versions.  My previous office downtown was in a fairly distinctively shaped building, directly across from the federal bldg.  Will be cool to say "hey! That's my old office!"

Haven't you been wandering around devastated Seattle all week?  🤔

55 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Haven't you been wandering around devastated Seattle all week?  🤔

Just on Wednesday. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Just on Wednesday. :thumbsup:

We might need to send you back out there as our geek bored man on the street.  :ninja:

24 minutes ago, Mookz said:

We might need to send you back out there as our geek bored man on the street.  :ninja:

No thanks.  I saw more than enough retardation the other day to last a lifetime.  Besides, I'm sure that whatever I observe some folks on this bored will tell me I'm surely mistaken.  It's happened before in regards to the homeless situation out here, as someone was here on vacation once and proclaimed there was no homeless problem. 

12 hours ago, DonS said:

Suburban Pittsburgh after enduring twenty years of zombie apocalypse looked very similar to 1994 Detroit after enduring twenty years of Coleman Young apocalypse or likely Minneapolis 2040.

I will lose my sh1t if I play this and 2 zombies do some scissoring. 

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Suburban Pittsburgh after enduring twenty years of zombie apocalypse looked very similar to 1994 Detroit after enduring twenty years of Coleman Young apocalypse or likely Minneapolis 2040.

The infected don't want to go to Detroit. Everyone there is immune and would bug the shlt out of the monsters by constantly asking them for money over and over and over. Day after day after day.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

The infected don't want to go to Detroit. Everyone there is immune and would bug the shlt out of the monsters by constantly asking them for money over and over and over. Day after day after day.

We were told that the national gangs never got a foothold in Detroit (information may be 20 years out of date) because our local ones were already so strong but subtly, there may have been this aspect at work as well.

13 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

We were told that the national gangs never got a foothold in Detroit (information may be 20 years out of date) because our local ones were already so strong but subtly, there may have been this aspect at work as well.

Something like this:

So is the last of us 2 proving to be as woke as people feared?

50 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

So is the last of us 2 proving to be as woke as people feared?

I played a bunch of it so far. The main two characters, at least for a while so far, are either full on gay, or transexual. Pregnancy has come up twice. Once with one of the main characters (or someone they know that is), and once to a referenced unimportant character. I think the lesbian relationship thing will get carried throughout the game. But it's not like there is any social struggle about it except for one early scene when a side character guy said something anti gay at a party and he ended up apologizing the next day. Go figure.

The game so far overall plays just like the first Last of Us. Almost no difference other than storyline and nuances in assets that the player can use. For the Last of Us 1, I played it on moderate or hard (I forget), and that was challenging and fun. This time since it was simply a new story, I went with 'easy' to have some challenge but not have to deal as much with focusing on the fighting. It made little to no difference playing it on 'easy'. It still is really challenging at times but I like the game play so that is fine. I found this time around I am doing a lot more sneak attacks on the enemies. In one town, I took out all of the WLF (Washington Liberation Front) that were hunting me by sneak attack. About 8 dudes. That was pretty fun. 

There are some very cool scenes if you find them, and some decent puzzles. I really don't like the degree of relationship/sexual drama in the game, but, I guess you have to understand the game is based around a 19 year old and her peers. Albeit a 19 year old who can take out a slew of dangerous, infected attack-first humans and a ton of fully armed trained soldiers that is. It's a bit overkill with the relationship stuff so far but the jury is still out for me. 

I don't really want to give anything away about the storyline but it's pretty fvcking good. There are some really rare moments in this game so far for me that are related to the previous game. 

So far I can't call this game "Woke", as there really is no fight going on against anything from one side or the other. Ellie is just a lesbian is all and dealing with an odd relationship in some way or another. 

In the 1st one, Joel and Ellie's relationship development was the key that took that game from good to great. All time great. Let's see what happens with this one. No clue from me yet. And I'm going into this one without knowing anything about it so I have no bias going in, one way or another.  

• Like 1

you guys have ruined this game for me. if I get it and that sh1t happens, I will lose my mind.  I am out

I'm trying my best not to read anything about the game until after I play it and form my own opinions.  If folks want to provide details about it perhaps make a new "Last of Us 2 SPOILERS" thread? 

I had to stop watching star wars do to woke bullchit,, not this too :cry:

Just now, edjr said:

I had to stop watching star wars do to woke bullchit,, not this too :cry:

I still haven't seen the last Star Wars.  Just had zero interest after the previous one with the rainbow coalition of heroes and all villains are white men.

35 minutes ago, edjr said:

you guys have ruined this game for me. if I get it and that sh1t happens, I will lose my mind.  I am out

I don't think a game with a gay character is being 'woke'. I don't get the feeling they are pushing it down your throat. If could any criticism toward the game so far it would be about the age of the main characters. It's still a good game. 

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I don't think a game with a gay character is being 'woke'. I don't get the feeling they are pushing it down your throat. If could any criticism toward the game so far it would be about the age of the main characters. It's still a good game. 

I dont mind her being les, I am worried about the other rumors. Trans etc.

Just now, edjr said:

I dont mind her being les, I am worried about the other rumors. Trans etc.

I have not seen that yet. I would probably feel the same if it goes that far.

It’s as fantastic as Naughty Dog games usually are and also setting records for PlayStation releases. Pretty hard too, the zombies are a , they will tear you up if you run in willy nilly.

5 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

It’s as fantastic as Naughty Dog games usually are and also setting records for PlayStation releases. Pretty hard too, the zombies are a , they will tear you up if you run in willy nilly.

Yeah, you always have to proceed with caution when not in a safe spot. The hearing sense is a brilliant part of this game.

Fvck. Hit a tough spot yesterday where I had to go through, so far, like 4 areas of patrols looking for me. I've already had to kill like 20 guys and 5 or so attack dogs. Nearly died about 4 times. I played this game on 'light' meaning easy, one step below 'moderate', because I wanted the challenge but not overwhelming like I played the first one. Dang. I want to get through this chapter or at least some interesting cut scene to further the story and have some semblance of satisfaction, but not sure how far away that is going to be. :mad:

Hit a fun revealing moment in the game today. Love how they are pulling in a little of the history of the game story.

:thumbsup: 

So I'm several hours in so far.  I haven't read all the complaints regarding it being too woke, but here's what I've seen so far...

- Ellie is a lesbo.  No sh1t.  Everyone knew this before this game came out.

- Some romance between Ellie and her girlfriend Dina . Again, who cares.  See "Ellie is a lesbo" 

- Dina is Jewish.  Don't know if folks were complaining about that or not.

- Characters, including bad guys, come in all races and genders.  We've been seeing this forever in media so again not a shocker. 

- A picture of a guy and his wife/child shows its a white dude and black wife.  Again, watch any focking commercial and you'll see the same thing. 

- In a bookstore and there are a bunch of rainbow pride flags. Dina asks what's with all the rainbows.  There is also a rainbow crosswalk.  THIS IS WHAT CAPITOL HILL FOCKING LOOKS LIKE!

I'm hoping the above is what folks are b1tching about because if that's all then it's no biggie.

(no spoilers if it gets worse than this, please, as I'd like to encounter it on my own) 

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The OMG GAY SEX!!!!! Was two chick's doing it, and it never showed them doing it. Maybe there's more later on?

I've only encountered one scene so far.  Yep, nothing is shown.  Just some post scissoring laying about in tank tops and panties.

Is there a survival guide somewhere in the game which allows you to craft a super deluxe rainbow colored "vote Democrat" double headed d1ldo? 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

THIS IS WHAT CAPITOL HILL FOCKING LOOKS LIKE!

So true. If you're toting your weapons running around the country through various cities after a total apocalypse you're going to see a lot weirder shlt than that.

45 minutes ago, DonS said:

I've only encountered one scene so far.  Yep, nothing is shown.  Just some post scissoring laying about in tank tops and panties.

Is there a survival guide somewhere in the game which allows you to craft a super deluxe rainbow colored "vote Democrat" double headed d1ldo? 

I was watching my roommate play when that scene came on. I have not played it, but if I am able to craft that in game I may pick it up. 

Prior to this I played Assassin's Creed Odyssey.  In that game you bang women and men.  Nothing is shown, but it was chock full of gayness. Over the top h0m0 innuendo. Even a fun "Greeks focking goats" reference.  Surprisingly enough the world did not end. 

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I was watching my roommate play when that scene came on. I have not played it, but if I am able to craft that in game I may pick it up. 

It would make an awesome heavy melee weapon.  Attach a blade for extra damage.  I'd gladly weild that bad boy! 

23 hours ago, DonS said:

It would make an awesome heavy melee weapon.  Attach a blade for extra damage.  I'd gladly weild that bad boy! 

Sneak behing a WLF member and slam it up their ass. But maybe Abby could be immune to it though. :mellow:

Am I the only one that gets tingly in the no no square when finding shotgun shells? 

On 6/23/2020 at 2:27 AM, Utilit99 said:

Fvck. Hit a tough spot yesterday where I had to go through, so far, like 4 areas of patrols looking for me. I've already had to kill like 20 guys and 5 or so attack dogs. Nearly died about 4 times. I played this game on 'light' meaning easy, one step below 'moderate', because I wanted the challenge but not overwhelming like I played the first one. Dang. I want to get through this chapter or at least some interesting cut scene to further the story and have some semblance of satisfaction, but not sure how far away that is going to be. :mad:

I think I just finished this portion.  JFC that part was intense. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Right? Last night I went into a room where I just got mauled by infected and just had enough health left after I rid them of their existance to have to take on a fvcking bloater (or shambler) coming after me. I was cornered and I unloaded everything I had on it. It finally died about 2 steps away from me. 

22 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Sneak behing a WLF member and slam it up their ass. But maybe Abby could be immune to it though. :mellow:

Ends up she is. Go figure. :banana:

On 6/29/2020 at 4:00 PM, DonS said:

Holy crap. Hit a phase of what the fvck? Played longer, and then MORE what the fvck? Shlt dude, how far along are you at this point?