Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Petition to rename Lynchburg gains traction in light of Black Lives Matter movement

This Lynch guy knew the true meaning of progressive. Too bad they didn't listen to him. 

The BLM ass kissers are sensitive to the name Lynch.  

https://wset.com/news/local/petition-to-rename-lynchburg-gains-traction-in-light-of-black-lives-matter-movement

The City of Lynchburg is named after founder John Lynch.

John Lynch was a Quaker described as progressive for his time in the 1780s, according to Chief Public History Officer Ted Delaney.

"He believed in emancipating slaves," Delaney said. "He had slaves but he freed all of his. He's supporting recolonization, which is sending slaves back to Africa. He did not believe in perpetuating the institution of slavery in this country."

Delaney explains that the term lynching is actually named after Lynch's brother, Charles Lynch.

Charles Lynch would tie British soldiers to a tree and beat them until they cried” Liberty!” which would stop the beating since that meant they agreed with the revolution.

From there it evolved into what we know today -- the racist killings of African Americans.

The petition was started by Daisy Howard, who grew up in Lynchburg.

Howard believes that it is possible to honor the city's founder without using his last name.

"If statues can come down, then problematic names of cities can also change," Howard said. "At the end of the day, it comes down to defending the word Lynch, which I don't think you can defend."

Howard says that her petition comes in light of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Howard, along with others that have signed the petition, are concerned about the negative connotation that could be associated with the city's name.

In order for the name to be officially changed, the proposal would have to make it through Lynchburg's city council.

Jesusfuckingchrist.  Are we gonna rename Black Russians too.  I need a focking drink.

I wonder if Marshawn and John Lynch will be forced to change their last names? 

Wait a sec...  John Lynch must be the evil mastermind behind the entire Kaep mess.  IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!!! 

Just now, NorthernVike said:

Jesusfuckingchrist.  Are we gonna rename Black Russians too.  I need a focking drink.

Black Russians are fine.  It's those damn RACISS White Russians that are the problem!!!!

13 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Lynchburg lemonades 

So the name comes from a guy who opposed slavery, freed his own, and tried to free others. Now they want to rename it because of something that happened long later.

Christ I loathe this world right now. 

Wonder if Lynchburg TN of Jack Daniel's fame (this one is in VA) is considering the same. 

13 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

So the name comes from a guy who opposed slavery, freed his own, and tried to free others. Now they want to rename it because of something that happened long later.

Christ I loathe this world right now. 

Wonder if Lynchburg TN of Jack Daniel's fame (this one is in VA) is considering the same. 

Not to mention lynching wasn't a term only applied to black people. White people were lynched too.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Not to mention lynching wasn't a term only applied to black people. White people were lynched too.

No no no only bad things happened to black people.

Death Valley? It's not right when a whole bunch of black people are getting murdered daily by other black people in this country.

If I am offended do I get a cookie?  Or does my skin color set the value of my voice?

All this stupid stuff makes me dislike them even more. If their goal is for people to accept other groups, they are going about it the wrong way. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is getting fun now. 

How far will this actually go? When will the left get bored of all this and move onto the next tik tok trend? 

There is a reason that blacks are the bottom of the barrel worldwide.

Asians look down on them.

Hispanics look down on them.

Natives look down on them.

Whites look down on them.

Even their own blacks look down on them.

They are the only race that isn't willing to accept responsibility for themselves.

They think they are the only race that has ever faced struggle, discrimination, slavery, lynching.

Until they get new leadership with a new message, and take responsibility for themselves, they will always be the low race on the world's totem pole.

Pittsburgh sports teams changing colors to tan and gold.  Black and gold implies blacks having gold teeth.

56 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

The cue ball will now be black and the 8 ball white.  

Every 8 ball I've ever had was white.  :unsure:

Do I still get to wear my 8 ball jacket?

19 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

How far will this actually go? When will the left get bored of all this and move onto the next tik tok trend? 

When the right wins the civil war, the Lincoln Memorial will come down.

Just now, riversco said:

When the right wins the civil war, the Lincoln Memorial will come down.

And that c*nt in the harbor.  

No more wretched refuse, thank you very much.  

22 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I think they should reconsider being a “dry” town. I’ve been on the tour quite a few times and the guides always end it with how many miles/feet/steps it takes to get a taste of JD.