Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Justices Roberts and Gorsuch betrayed you

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

My understanding is that the dissenting judges objected because it was legislating from the bench.  Instead, they felt that Congress should have modified the Civil Rights Act appropriately.  I'm not a lawyer but this seems to make sense.

Yes. Just like congress should have dealt with interracial marriage, gay marriage, abortion, legality of birth control, and a host of other issues. But they won't. That horse has long since left the barn. 

6 hours ago, drobeski said:

Why do you care ? Trans ?

I identify as a woman who identifies as a man.

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I identify as a woman who identifies as a man.

It’s just survival tactics in clown world.

43 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

It’s just survival tactics in clown world.

So I frequently read fantasy novels. I have noticed them becoming more and more "woke."

For example, thus week I read the swords and fire trilogy, by Melissa Caruso. It was all in all very good. But... 

It is set in sort of a Renaissance Venice kind of setting. The political structure reflects that time period pretty well, inherited nobility, etc. 

However, there are two same sex married couples in it. I don't think that would be very likely in that setting, but whatever.

Later, a minor character appears, and is described as "androgynous." then she refers to their face and such. Just uses a "preferred pronoun" with no explanation whatsoever. And this character lives in a setting that is more old Russian empire, brutal serfdom kind of situation. When I read "their face" I got confused...i thought there was only one character in the room... Read it several times before I realized it was a preferred pronoun thing. 

Its just silly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

So I frequently read fantasy novels. I have noticed them becoming more and more "woke."

For example, thus week I read the swords and fire trilogy, by Melissa Caruso. It was all in all very good. But... 

It is set in sort of a Renaissance Venice kind of setting. The political structure reflects that time period pretty well, inherited nobility, etc. 

However, there are two same sex married couples in it. I don't think that would be very likely in that setting, but whatever.

Later, a minor character appears, and is described as "androgynous." then she refers to their face and such. Just uses a "preferred pronoun" with no explanation whatsoever. And this character lives in a setting that is more old Russian empire, brutal serfdom kind of situation. When I read "their face" I got confused...i thought there was only one character in the room... Read it several times before I realized it was a preferred pronoun thing. 

Its just silly. 

People need to rise up and put the kai-bosh on this social justice/woke nonsense.

2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

People need to rise up and put the kai-bosh on this social justice/woke nonsense.

It's not gonna happen. We lost that one. The younger generations are all about it. Read some reddit on the whole JK Rowling "only women can menstrate" fracas. It's crazy town. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It's not gonna happen. We lost that one. The younger generations are all about it. Read some reddit on the whole JK Rowling "only women can menstrate" fracas. It's crazy town. 

We're going to get so pussified in this country that we'll be ripe for an easy invasion and takeover.  

Fockin woke pussies have no idea what it means to really suffer, or fight, for that matter.

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

We're going to get so pussified in this country that we'll be ripe for an easy invasion and takeover.  

Fockin woke pussies have no idea what it means to really suffer, or fight, for that matter.

Entirely likely at some point. We are early imperial Rome at this point. We are losing the values and vitality that made us great, and will slowly sink into a more of decadence until some new hungry people knocks us down.

Whatver. I'll be dead and I'm not breeding. I feel bad for my niece and nephews having to live in future world that is coming. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Entirely likely at some point. We are early imperial Rome at this point. We are losing the values and vitality that made us great, and will slowly sink into a more of decadence until some new hungry people knocks us down.

Whatver. I'll be dead and I'm not breeding. I feel bad for my niece and nephews having to live in future world that is coming. 

me too.  My son and daughter as well.  Although, my daughter is all for this nonsense at the moment.  

It's basically going to be flat out Communism at some point, with people ratting out their neighbors, gulags and all that. No one will be safe (except the party elite, of course, like all communist countries).

The Pettibone sisters had a hell of a time getting published. They were pressured to be more woke. 

Don’t financially support woke writers. Buy books written 20+ years ago. If new writers can’t break into the market, that’s their problem. Non-woke ones already are being censored by the publisher, you’re not screwing them over, the publisher is. 

Fiction books are quietly a lost cause at present. We need at least one non-woke publisher... same for Hollyweird.

Just bought Adam Carollas new book. 

17 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The Pettibone sisters had a hell of a time getting published. They were pressured to be more woke. 

Don’t financially support woke writers. Buy books written 20+ years ago. If new writers can’t break into the market, that’s their problem. Non-woke ones already are being censored by the publisher, you’re not screwing them over, the publisher is. 

Fiction books are quietly a lost cause at present. We need at least one non-woke publisher... same for Hollyweird.

I don't support any publisher financially. I pirate all my books and throw them on my kindle. Library genesis is your friend. 

Aside from fantasy, I read four  genres. History, world fiction travel fiction and historical fiction. I haven't noticed any of that becoming too woke yet. 

24 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

What’s this we stuff? Did you leave Chiner?

18 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Nope. Still an American though. Says so right here on my passport. 

Sure but I’m not sure how you know the current state having not lived in this country many years. I appreciate the expat perspective, but that’s also all it is :cheers:

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Sure but I’m not sure how you know the current state having not lived in this country many years. I appreciate the expat perspective, but that’s also all it is :cheers:

Fair enough I suppose. However... 

I exclusively follow American media. I talk to friends and family back home all the time.

Now speaking of the media... 

I am convinced that they are a large part of the problem here. I would love to see an experiment be done, nation wide. No media for a month. No TV news. No social media. All you know about is what you see with your eyes and what people you actually know tell you.

I bet Americans would be much happier. And our problems wouldn't seem so big without some corporation cramming them down our throats 24/7.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I exclusively follow American media. I talk to friends and family back home all the time.

I am convinced that they are a large part of the problem here. I would love to see an experiment be done, nation wide. No media for a month. No TV news. No social media. All you know about is what you see with your eyes and what people you actually know tell you.

I bet Americans would be much happier. And our problems wouldn't seem so big without some corporation cramming them down our throats 24/7.

Yes I agree. Media gives a warped perspective. Unfortunately it also drives the agenda.

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I wish for that all the time. Not gonna happen but what is really sad is seeing 20 year olds not know anything else but this.

Humans are proving they don't know how to handle the internet and be at peace in life.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

No one told worms it doesn’t matter where you live now. We all live in our house. You don’t need to be here to see what’s happening. 

14 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I wish for that all the time. Not gonna happen but what is really sad is seeing 20 year olds not know anything else but this.

Humans are proving they don't know how to handle the internet and be at peace in life.

I work with a guy who is mid 20s. Black guy from North Carolina. Bit of a weird dude. He's huge, built like a body builder, big MMA guy. He's vegan, big into herbal medicine and such, etc. 

So he's been going nuts about the George floyd thing. Ranting in the office, fock the police, wanna kill em, etc.

Yesterday he had a panic attack and didn't sleep all night, just freaked the fock out and missed a day of work.

I do it too. I read all the crap about China and what's going on here, and American reaction to it, and get all "omg I have to get out of here, it's getting really bad..."

Meanwhike nothing in my actual life has changed. Hell, I leave campus once a week to buy groceries. Someone would pretty much have to kick in my door to harm me in any way. 

It isn't healthy, and I should do better. Stay off reddit and such. 

Looking in from outside, the US is going down the sh1tter. It’s gotten significantly worse since I’ve been gone. I hope this “woke” era fades like the Christian moral panic did that we had when I was a kid. 

If the central cities go to sh1t, well at least I am use to it being witness to Coleman Young’s Detroit my entire youth. Also, notice Detroit isn’t burning, it’s every other big city. Lessons from 53 years ago seem to have stuck. 

Most areas of Detroit were in slow decline over twenty years of Coleman. Not the areas that burned in the riots. Those all went up in one day and no effort was ever made to rebuild, they simply were left to turn to sh1t and never recovered and the cancer grew to the streets nearby then the ones nearby those.

49 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I work with a guy who is mid 20s. Black guy from North Carolina. Bit of a weird dude. He's huge, built like a body builder, big MMA guy. He's vegan, big into herbal medicine and such, etc. 

So he's been going nuts about the George floyd thing. Ranting in the office, fock the police, wanna kill em, etc.

Yesterday he had a panic attack and didn't sleep all night, just freaked the fock out and missed a day of work.

I do it too. I read all the crap about China and what's going on here, and American reaction to it, and get all "omg I have to get out of here, it's getting really bad..."

Meanwhike nothing in my actual life has changed. Hell, I leave campus once a week to buy groceries. Someone would pretty much have to kick in my door to harm me in any way. 

Panic attack is a great way of putting it. I have been for the most part staying away from media. I listen to "news" on the radio maybe an hour a week at most, otherwise it's sports, comedy, or music. I look up a few things on the internet about certain stories but not much. I come on this board to see what all the stir is because at times it's fun and a good place to vent anonymously, but I post nowhere else. No twitter, no Facebook, no Reddit, nothing. Never have, never will. I don't want to get caught up in that crap. Possible employers look up applicants in google and if I say All Lives Matter, then I may be stricken off the list. I never understood people putting their children's pictures out there for all to see. I would wait for the kid to make that decision on their own if they want that when they grow up.

If I were living alone and didn't need my internet for work, I would consider letting the internet go. Hell, I've dreamed of getting rid of my phone but obviously that is not realistic in this country today.

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It’s funny you bring up a guy in his 20’s. My friends son is 24, college grad, starter job. Not doing much yet,  but a good kid. He is completely pissed off about Trump. Unable to have a good time. He was over with his dad a few weeks ago and I told him what I told my niece: You better snap out of it. Trump is temporary. Your 20’s are too. Do you want to look back on this time in your life and have it all hinge on election night? Get over it and listen to some Kid Rock and try and get laid.  Those are better ways to spend your twenties. Stfu and vote and get on with your life. 

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s funny you bring up a guy in his 20’s. My friends son is 24, college grad, starter job. Not doing much yet,  but a good kid. He is completely pissed off about Trump. Unable to have a good time. He was over with his dad a few weeks ago and I told him what I told my niece: You better snap out of it. Trump is temporary. Your 20’s are too. Do you want to look back on this time in your life and have it all hinge on election night? Get over it and listen to some Kid Rock and try and get laid.  Those are better ways to spend your twenties. Stfu and vote and get on with your life. 

They're all trained to "be activists." Silence is violence and all that. 

Yet they all vote for the same politicians who oversaw the conditions they wish to overthrow.

The Dems are playing with fire with things like the squad and Antifa and BLM. Eventually, the fire will burn them too. 

53 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Looking in from outside, the US is going down the sh1tter. It’s gotten significantly worse since I’ve been gone. I hope this “woke” era fades like the Christian moral panic did that we had when I was a kid. 

If the central cities go to sh1t, well at least I am use to it being witness to Coleman Young’s Detroit my entire youth. Also, notice Detroit isn’t burning, it’s every other big city. Lessons from 53 years ago seem to have stuck. 

Most areas of Detroit were in slow decline over twenty years of Coleman. Not the areas that burned in the riots. Those all went up in one day and no effort was ever made to rebuild, they simply were left to turn to sh1t and never recovered and the cancer grew to the streets nearby then the ones nearby those.

I flew into Detroit once a week for 2 years for work. I stayed there more than I stayed at home. 4 days to 3. The first time I went there, I felt like I was on some weird movie set. Fvcking empty. 9am walking through the streets to the office, and the city seemed abandoned. Only got busy when special event were going on at Tiger Stadium. Or the car show. Etc..

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

U.S. is in rapid decline, no doubt about it.

I think you’ve misdiagnosed the cause, but on the condition we can agree. :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

U.S. is in rapid decline, no doubt about it.

I think you’ve misdiagnosed the cause, but on the condition we can agree. :thumbsup:

And your diagnosis as to the cause is? 

20 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

And your diagnosis as to the cause is? 

Good god that’s complex.

A big part is “American exceptionalism” was all a myth. We had the geographic advantage of being an ocean apart in the world wars. We thought it meant we were really focking awesome but really it meant our contemporaries could be beat to sh1t while we sat back and watched, deigning to enter only when the whole damn thing was nearly over anyways.

But we could have built on that colossal advantage, and for a time we did. Then came Nixon and Reagan, followed by W and now Trump. Their entire philosophy has been to tear down the institutions that made us strong. All in the name of lower short-term taxes for the robber barons. Long term? Fock it, who cares. Nixon is dead, Reagan is dead, H.W. is dead. That sh1t don’t matter to them or their mega-wealthy benefactors.

So yeah, personally I’d trace it back to anti-government thieves, who convinced a size able portion of this country that it was actually some honorable political ideology rather than a simple way to continually transfer vast amounts of wealth to the upper class who were already rich as fock.

The rest of this? Just noise. A useful distraction either way. But you know what, it hardly matters anymore. Our pockets are nearly bare. They’ve taken it all. All over but the crying, imo.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Good god that’s complex.

A big part is “American exceptionalism” was all a myth. We had the geographic advantage of being an ocean apart in the world wars. We thought it meant we were really focking awesome but really it meant our contemporaries could be beat to sh1t while we sat back and watched, deigning to enter only when the whole damn thing was nearly over anyways.

But we could have built on that colossal advantage, and for a time we did. Then came Nixon and Reagan, followed by W and now Trump. Their entire philosophy has been to tear down the institutions that made us strong. All in the name of lower short-term taxes for the robber barons. Long term? Fock it, who cares. Nixon is dead, Reagan is dead, H.W. is dead. That sh1t don’t matter to them or their mega-wealthy benefactors.

So yeah, personally I’d trace it back to anti-government thieves, who convinced a size able portion of this country that it was actually some honorable political ideology rather than a simple way to continually transfer vast amounts of wealth to the upper class who were already rich as fock.

The rest of this? Just noise. A useful distraction either way. But you know what, it hardly matters anymore. Our pockets are nearly bare. They’ve taken it all. All over but the crying, imo.

I don't disagree with your take either. 

7 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

1.  win the civil war.
2.  take over the education system.  Whoever controls the education system controls the future.  You can fix the problems in 1 generation.

I'd start by expanding the freedoms boys have to do stuff.  Redo the Boy Scouts to where boys can join, get a uniform, a gun, compete with each other for fun and awards.  Make them feel proud to be what they are.  Teach them to hunt, fish, make camps.  Boys naturally love it all.  Make sure to mock prior generations that shamed boys all the time and took away freedoms.  Won't take long to turn it back around.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, riversco said:

1.  win the civil war.
2.  take over the education system.  Whoever controls the education system controls the future.  You can fix the problems in 1 generation.

I'd start by expanding the freedoms boys have to do stuff.  Redo the Boy Scouts to where boys can join, get a uniform, a gun, compete with each other for fun and awards.  Make them feel proud to be what they are.  Teach them to hunt, fish, make camps.  Boys naturally love it all.  Make sure to mock prior generations that shamed boys all the time and took away freedoms.  Won't take long to turn it back around.

Whatever you want the Boy Scouts to do, best have similar groups try. The Boy Scouts are corrupted and a shell of what they once were. To earn Eagle Scout, you need to earn a Diversity and Inclusion or some sh1t badge.It’s sad. Give an inch to the left and they’ll turn it to poop. As I recall the Mormons have a viable alternative. 

13 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Whatever you want the Boy Scouts to do, best have similar groups try. The Boy Scouts are corrupted and a shell of what they once were. To earn Eagle Scout, you need to earn a Diversity and Inclusion or some sh1t badge.It’s sad. Give an inch to the left and they’ll turn it to poop. As I recall the Mormons have a viable alternative. 

You can probably keep diversity and inclusion badges.  Just return the definitions of those words to their true meaning.  Make sure to teach the kids that the left in the 21st century divided people on race and sex lines in an us vs them mentality.

5 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I flew into Detroit once a week for 2 years for work. I stayed there more than I stayed at home. 4 days to 3. The first time I went there, I felt like I was on some weird movie set. Fvcking empty. 9am walking through the streets to the office, and the city seemed abandoned. Only got busy when special event were going on at Tiger Stadium. Or the car show. Etc..

In the 60s, likely into the 70s, Detroit was the 4th biggest city in the US. It was viable and nice. This was before my time, my entire life, all I ever knew was Coleman’s dumpster fire, his twenty year reign began when I was three years old.

Anyway, the city use to have a population of 2 million, now its down to 600K. If you had a viable home, you couldn’t sell it. If you abandoned it, some looters would steal the pipes and wiring for scrap metal. Then it’d turn to sh1t, maybe burnt out, and have to be torn down. So removing blight has been a big and ongoing chore. Vast areas of the city are empty and reverting to nature or becoming urban farms.

As for the OP and reason for this thread, this is legislation from the bench. There’s clearly no mention of gender / sexual orientation in the civil rights law. If Congress wants to expand the law to include transgenders, that’s their job, not SCOTUS’s. 

7 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Good god that’s complex.

In this story democrats and the left don’t exist. I assume they were the noble protectors of the voiceless who fought the good fight.   Good god. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

In this story democrats and the left don’t exist. I assume they were the noble protectors of the voiceless who fought the good fight.   Good god. 

Should’ve mentioned Clinton as he was basically part of it.

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Should’ve mentioned Clinton as he was basically part of it.

Two term presidents aren’t a “part” of it. HTH. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Two term presidents aren’t a “part” of it. HTH. 

Sure, not gonna fight you there. Fock that guy and the Third Way

19 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Good god that’s complex.

But we could have built on that colossal advantage, and for a time we did. Then came Nixon and Reagan, followed by W and now Trump

American Exceptionalism is real.  It is rooted in volunteerism.  America ranks near the top in volunteerism.  People in America are willing to give their free time to build up their own nation.  And you simply don't see the American level of volunteerism almost anywhere else in the world.  Its really true of any population.  Take 2 populations:  1 that volunteers way more than the other.  The society that volunteers pulls ahead. 

South America and Central were also separated from world wars by oceans.  But it didn't mean anything because they don't have nearly the same level of passion for building up their own nations.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/volunteering-by-country_n_6221046