Sign in to follow this  
Nancy Pelosi gives George [s]Floyd's[/s] Kirby's brother a folded US flag...

12 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Interesting, and I learned something new today. Thank you. However, I have a strong feeling that George Floyd's family didn't order the flag thru the Capitol Flag program.

Congressman and women can buy the flags themselves and give them to anyone they want---happens all the time and has been going on for decades.  Does it cheapen the significance of awarding flags to servicemen, yeah, but this isn't new or controversial.  Making this a story is pretty much the definition of fake news.  

All of this outrage for Nancy giving a flag away, but I don't remember a peep when President Trump gave the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh.  :wacko:

Presidential Medal of Freedom

Established by President John F. Kennedy in 1963, this prestigious award is the Nation’s highest civilian honor. It is awarded by the President of the United States to individuals who have made exceptional contributions to the security or national interests of America, to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavor

It is an interesting gesture.

I give her credit for pandering in a non-offensive way.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Congressman and women can buy the flags themselves and give them to anyone they want---happens all the time and has been going on for decades.  Does it cheapen the significance of awarding flags to servicemen, yeah, but this isn't new or controversial.  Making this a story is pretty much the definition of fake news.  

All of this outrage for Nancy giving a flag away, but I don't remember a peep when President Trump gave the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh.  :wacko:

“All this outrage”.  Kinda sounds stupid, don’t you think? You know, in light of what we see on television these days. Only one side gets outraged. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

“All this outrage”.  Kinda sounds stupid, don’t you think? You know, in light of what we see on television these days. Only one side gets outraged. 

Honcho is a lefty and one of their primary tactics is to make you feel shame every chance they get.  They scan your post and think how to make you feel shame.  When they try it, ignore it.   Or laugh at it.   Don't go on the defense when they do it. Don't seriously try to engage it because he is trying to troll you.  It actually doesn't matter if you take a stand for or against something, they take the opposite side to try to shame you.

14 minutes ago, riversco said:

Honcho is a lefty and one of their primary tactics is to make you feel shame every chance they get.  They scan your post and think how to make you feel shame.  When they try it, ignore it.   Or laugh at it.   Don't go on the defense when they do it. Don't seriously try to engage it because he is trying to troll you.  It actually doesn't matter if you take a stand for or against something, they take the opposite side to try to shame you.

Claiming “outrage” points out his lack of grasp of current events. You can dismiss everything he has to say based on that alone. We all know what outrage looks like now. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Claiming “outrage” points out his lack of grasp of current events. You can dismiss everything he has to say based on that alone. We all know what outrage looks like now. 

20 hours ago, posty said:

https://twitter.com/Im_bonafide/status/1272006869544927232

What a disgrace...  Plus she can't even wear her mask correctly...

20 hours ago, lod001 said:

She's a disgusting piece of trash.

20 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s wrong as well.  But like you say, no big deal, because you never earned it.  The ones that did don’t like this. It’s infuriating actually. 

20 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I told my wife when I die to make sure I get an American flag draped over my coffin and they do a proper folding at my grave. This pisses me off. Me and my family earned it. 

16 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Disgraceful. :thumbsdown:

Can't imagine where I thought some people were outraged.  

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Can't imagine where I thought some people were outraged.  

Looting and arson vs being pissed. It’s equitable. And what did I do with my anger? I surely didn’t do anything outrageous, did I? Nice try. Fail. 

6 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

So, you admit it cheapens the significance of awarding flags to servicemen, then you're surprised that some servicemen might be outraged? :wacko:

It's great that congresspeople have been giving flags for decades. But the manner in which it was presented in this case, folded military style and presented to a dead man's family, gives the perception that Floyd was some kind of hero equivalent to a service person. It's just the optics of the situation. I doubt the Floyd family requested the honor of receiving a flag from a senator. I'm sure Nancy took it upon herself to arrange this whole thing. I doubt that any other flag given in the Capitol Flag program was presented so publicly to a non-service person in this manner.

2 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

So, you admit it cheapens the significance of awarding flags to servicemen, then you're surprised that some servicemen might be outraged? :wacko:

It's great that congresspeople have been giving flags for decades. But the manner in which it was presented in this case, folded military style and presented to a dead man's family, gives the perception that Floyd was some kind of hero equivalent to a service person. It's just the optics of the situation. I doubt the Floyd family requested the honor of receiving a flag from a senator. I'm sure Nancy took it upon herself to arrange this whole thing. I doubt that any other flag given in the Capitol Flag program was presented so publicly to a non-service person in this manner.

:clap:

5 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Well said.  

10 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Depends on how you define "so publicly" to mean...how about this.

https://www.hernandosun.com/alzheimers_fam_org_20170303

Who knew that Daniel Webster's mother was a thug and in jail multiple times for drugs and other things...

39 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

I'm not surprised by the "outrage" of anyone in today's culture. But I can find dozens of people getting flags that have flown over the capitol and nobody cared until yesterday.  Yet all the people in this thread who are expressing their disgust didn't raise an eyebrow when Limbaugh was awarded the Medal of Freedom, which is generally thought of a much higher honor.    IMO, this 'outrage' is pretty manufactured.  

Presidential Medal of Freedom

Established by President John F. Kennedy in 1963, this prestigious award is the Nation’s highest civilian honor. It is awarded by the President of the United States to individuals who have made exceptional contributions to the security or national interests of America, to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavor

I wonder if John Wayne Gacy Jeffrey Dahmer, or Ted Bundy have any living relatives Pelosi can give a flag to?

#whitepeopledeserveflagstoo

7 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Trump giving the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh was stupid. Agreed. It was stupid for Ronald Reagan to give it to Frank Sinatra, too. If you look at the list of recipients, alot of them are stupid. Gloria and Emilio Estefan??? Wha??. Talk about an award that's been cheapened...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidential_Medal_of_Freedom_recipients

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'm not surprised by the "outrage" of anyone in today's culture. But I can find dozens of people getting flags that have flown over the capitol and nobody cared until yesterday.  Yet all the people in this thread who are expressing their disgust didn't raise an eyebrow when Limbaugh was awarded the Medal of Freedom, which is generally thought of a much higher honor.    IMO, this 'outrage' is pretty manufactured.  

The President can give medals to anyone that they want to...  Obama gave one to Biden for some reason...

Most people associate a folded US flag for a serviceman/servicewoman that protected this country...  The outrage is because Floyd sure as hell didn't fit that bill...  If the left were smart (which we know that most aren't), they would have come out and said that normally this is done for militiary but can be done for citizens as well by this method and then outline it...

2 minutes ago, posty said:

The President can give medals to anyone that they want to...  Obama gave one to Biden for some reason...

Most people associate a folded US flag for a serviceman/servicewoman that protected this country...  The outrage is because Floyd sure as hell didn't fit that bill...  If the left were smart (which we know that most aren't), they would have come out and said that normally this is done for militiary but can be done for citizens as well by this method and then outline it...

George W gave one to Bill Cosby 😂😂

Honcho defending this tells you what he’s all about. 

40 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

In none of these examples, is the family of a deceased non-service member being presented with a flag. That's the difference.

32 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

George W gave one to Bill Cosby 😂😂

Bill Cosby was also America's father at the time and beloved my many and there was zero objection at the time...

Just now, posty said:

Bill Cosby was also America's father at the time and beloved my many and there was zero objection at the time...

Of course, but it’s still funny

1 minute ago, Crestwood 2 said:

funny

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

4 minutes ago, posty said:

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Did Cosby fock your mom or something? He’s cool bro👍👍

18 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

In none of these examples, is the family of a deceased non-service member being presented with a flag. That's the difference.

Snopes (cue idiots replying "snopes" without offering any contradictory evidence) contacted the deputy director of communications for the American Legion

John Raughter, the deputy director of communications for the American Legion, summed up the matter in an email to Snopes. He said while the flag has come to represent a veteran funeral rite, the federal advisories do not say who can, or cannot, receive one as a gift, nor under what cases the flag should be folded into a triangle and stored in a display case. Raughter said in an email:

We encourage the display of the flag of the United States by all citizens of the United States. Now while there is no rule for it, traditionally a flag is folded into a triangle when it is not flown and may be stored in a presentation case if a particular flag has special meaning.

So presenting someone with a flag, folded into a triangle and placed into a display case is an honorable way of presenting and maintaining the flag of the United States.

You may think that a folded flag presented in that manner is reserved for military members, but that clearly is not the case and if she felt it was appropriate to do so, there was nothing wrong with her action.

18 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Honcho defending this tells you what he’s all about. 

Yes it does, he's about thinking for himself, researching the evidence before reaching a conclusion, rather than see a picture on facebook or twitter, make ignorant assumptions and  becoming 'pissed' or "infuriated".

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yes it does, he's about thinking for himself, researching the evidence before reaching a conclusion, rather than see a picture on facebook or twitter, make ignorant assumptions and  becoming 'pissed' or "infuriated".

Oh, I shouldn’t be pissed because she’s allowed to do it. I’m allowed to do a lot of things I shouldn’t. We all are. That doesn’t mean we should do them. I can go call my neighbor every curse word in the book. But that would be rude and disrespectful, so I don’t do it. Because it’s rude and disrespectful. But I can. I guess I would be right if I did , right? 

Just wnat to make sure, this photo op is okay and Trump's in front of the church with the bible isn't...

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh, I shouldn’t be pissed because she’s allowed to do it. I’m allowed to do a lot of things I shouldn’t. We all are. That doesn’t mean we should do them. I can go call my neighbor every curse word in the book. But that would be rude and disrespectful, so I don’t do it. Because it’s rude and disrespectful. But I can. I guess I would be right if I did , right? 

On 6/15/2020 at 4:09 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re supposed to earn it. 

On 6/15/2020 at 4:58 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I didn’t decide moron. I’m entitled to it. You’re such a tool.  

You can be anything you want, but the reasons you gave that he didn't earn it or was entitled to it, aren't valid reasons why Philonise Floyd shouldn't have received this flag. From what I've seen as long as Nancy paid for the flag, he was completely entitled to having it. As far as earning it, that's up to the giver to decided.  It's not up to you to decide for others who has earned or is entitled to be presented with a flag.   

55 minutes ago, posty said:

Just wnat to make sure, this photo op is okay and Trump's in front of the church with the bible isn't...

Mike ?

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You can be anything you want, but the reasons you gave that he didn't earn it or was entitled to it, aren't valid reasons why Philonise Floyd shouldn't have received this flag. From what I've seen as long as Nancy paid for the flag, he was completely entitled to having it. As far as earning it, that's up to the giver to decided.  It's not up to you to decide for others who has earned or is entitled to be presented with a flag.   

The movement (destruction and violence) in his honor despises the flag, so like you...the photo op was retarded. 

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

It’s been decided I earned it. I didn’t decide that, did I?  I never claimed I did. Why did you insinuate I did? Try and be a little honest when you’re attempting to make your silly point. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s been decided I earned it. I didn’t decide that, did I?  I never claimed I did. Why did you insinuate I did? Try and be a little honest when you’re attempting to make your silly point. 

I have no clue as to why you made that inference. I posted the link to Snopes earlier that included the list of Veterans who are eligible to be gifted a flag by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.  I never implied that you were the one that decided you earned it and know that you have earned it based on the criteria from the VA.  You are reading things into my post that aren't there. 

Not sure what you misunderstood " As far as earning it, that's up to the giver to decide.  It's not up to you to decide for others who has earned or is entitled to be presented with a flag."  

The giver being someone who bought a flag from the Capitol Flag Program, the VA and so on.

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

I have no clue as to why you made that inference. I posted the link to Snopes earlier that included the list of Veterans who are eligible to be gifted a flag by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.  I never implied that you were the one that decided you earned it and know that you have earned it based on the criteria from the VA.  You are reading things into my post that aren't there. 

You told me I don’t get to decide who gets it. I never said I did. I’d say that’s a very clear insinuation. If it’s not, what is it then? It’s dishonest, that’s what it is. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You told me I don’t get to decide who gets it. I never said I did. I’d say that’s a very clear insinuation. If it’s not, what is it then? It’s dishonest, that’s what it is. 

No I didn't, I said it's not up to you to decide who has earned or is entitled to a flag, it's dishonest of you to claims I said otherwise.

It's not up to you to decide for others who has earned or is entitled to be presented with a flag.   

10 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

No I didn't, I said it's not up to you to decide who has earned or is entitled to a flag, it's dishonest of you to claims I said otherwise.

When did I say I get to decide? I said I was pissed, infuriated.  Never said I’m the one who decides. You made that up. Busted. 

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

When did I say I get to decide? I said I was pissed, infuriated.  Never said I’m the one who decides. You made that up. Busted. 

Link?

51 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Mike ?

I think he might be avoiding the question...

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Link?

“It’s not up to you to decide”. It’s a few posts up. Link that. 

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

“It’s not up to you to decide”. It’s a few posts up. Link that. 

You mean this...  

t's not up to you to decide for others who has earned or is entitled to be presented with a flag." 

Sorry, never claimed you said 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Busted.  And I think we are done.