Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Zeke could become the consensus #1 pick come draft day.

Non ppr , I already have him as my number one pick. 

35 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

By Sept he might be #1 in every format. Think about it..

By sept they might not be able to play football, Think about that.  

Thanks.mm 

1 hour ago, BiPolarBear said:

He tested positive for the Rona. 

I think that's the point.  Once he pulls through, he's immune--guaranteed not to catch it during the season.  The OP suggests that might deserve a boost in draft position.

7 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Think about it...

Think about what you want to do with your draft. Seriously, think about it.

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I think that's the point.  Once he pulls through, he's immune--guaranteed not to catch it during the season.  The OP suggests that might deserve a boost in draft position.

That's what I took as the intent of his post.

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Will he pull through in time to get in football shape, by game one? 

23 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's what I took as the intent of his post.

Yes, that was the point. Assuming Zeke is fine come September (apparently he’s asymptomatic so far), who would you take at #1 - Zeke, who’s already had COVID, or CMC, Barkley, etc.. (assuming they didn’t have it yet)?  Seeing as how society’s protocol now is to quarantine yourself for 2 weeks AFTER symptoms subside, I’d think any player diagnosed in season is gonna miss minimum 3 weeks if your lucky.   This season (if there is one) is gonna be a roller coaster.. 

How do they know for sure one can’t catch it again?  

Covid is new , and they don’t know, once they said no need to wear mask also, then they said we must wear them, they don’t know. 

I just keep praying for it to go away.  

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

People can get it more than once, this is nothing but a setback for Zeke

33 minutes ago, polecatt said:

People can get it more than once, this is nothing but a setback for Zeke

yes, there is more than one strain of the virus.  

but if you catch it once, you will have a better immunity towards the other strains, so the symptoms for those should be more mild.   no guarantees of course.  especially for the immune compromised.

50 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

but if you catch it once, you will have a better immunity towards the other strains, so the symptoms for those should be more mild.   no guarantees of course.  especially for the immune compromised.

It's not so much his health that I'm concerned with. He'll be fine, he's a healthy young man, so it shouldn't me much of an issue.

The big concern, for fantasy football purposes, is that any player who tests positive will likely miss something like 4-6 or even more games.

Even more concerning is how fast it could spread to many other players, already seeing other countries report that their numbers are already going up.  

Its not about football, it’s about keeping people healthy.  

The NFL has announced that to comply with social-distancing regulations, a "tackle" will now be considered to be made any time a defender comes within 6 feet of a player carrying the ball.

Not really, but this year has been crazy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2020 at 11:53 AM, Ray_T said:

I don’t think this is true. Have you seen the outbreak that WWE is experiencing? One announcer contracted it twice in a span of a few months.

None of us are doctors (I assume) so let’s keep the takes to actual football please.

The more I hear every day, the more I'm convinced there will be no season.  Virus testing is going up substantially, so obviously the positive results are going to go up.  Even though the positive tests are increasing massively and the deaths are not, the perception will be that the spread is too wide and states will role back their process of "opening back up".

37 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The more I hear every day, the more I'm convinced there will be no season.  Virus testing is going up substantially, so obviously the positive results are going to go up.  Even though the positive tests are increasing massively and the deaths are not, the perception will be that the spread is too wide and states will role back their process of "opening back up".

The only number that really matters in my opinion is hospitalizations. Testing is one thing but to feel so bad you need to go to the hospital is another. Currently in Florida the hospitalizations are increasing at a rate quicker than the discharges. I’m no doctor or mathematician but that sounds like a big problem.

1 minute ago, LoOnAtIk said:

The only number that really matters in my opinion is hospitalizations. Testing is one thing but to feel so bad you need to go to the hospital is another. Currently in Florida the hospitalizations are increasing at a rate quicker than the discharges. I’m no doctor or mathematician but that sounds like a big problem.

I just have a problem with the whole tracking thing.  I honestly don't trust any number at all.  Perception is all that really matters.  Decision making is 100% political and 0% common sense.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I just have a problem with the whole tracking thing.  I honestly don't trust any number at all.  Perception is all that really matters.  Decision making is 100% political and 0% common sense.

Just talk to anyone you know in the medical field. I know a couple working the ICU areas telling me it’s a warzone. I agree you can’t play politics with a damn virus. Yet here we are.

31 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Just talk to anyone you know in the medical field. I know a couple working the ICU areas telling me it’s a warzone. I agree you can’t play politics with a damn virus. Yet here we are.

I'm sure IN the hospitals, it's like that.  The thing is, hospitals are a business.  They're privately owned and operated.  Once the government agreed to give money to hospitals for cases and/or deaths, it became a financial boon for them.  The government has scared people into going to the hospitals immediately, so that's what people do.  The hospitals then, to capitalize on their opportunity, tell people they have the virus.  They could have the common flu.  So, when people test positive, the hospitals are then forced to quarantine those people for a period time.  It makes sense that people are entering faster than they're leaving.  The thing is though, they are leaving.  The death rate per positive test is declining.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Agreed. 

34 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm sure IN the hospitals, it's like that.  The thing is, hospitals are a business.  They're privately owned and operated.  Once the government agreed to give money to hospitals for cases and/or deaths, it became a financial boon for them.  The government has scared people into going to the hospitals immediately, so that's what people do.  The hospitals then, to capitalize on their opportunity, tell people they have the virus.  They could have the common flu.  So, when people test positive, the hospitals are then forced to quarantine those people for a period time.  It makes sense that people are entering faster than they're leaving.  The thing is though, they are leaving.  The death rate per positive test is declining.

Same as Vets, a few years back we were told about a dog flu, the vets where charging upwards of 500-600 for a series of three shots, said this won’t go away, and would need to have this shot every year, not many got the shot , now we don’t hear about that dog flu.  

Not saying that there isn’t a covid flu, but money is always a factor.  

3 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Thought you just posted to keep the chat to football  

13 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

there is a large proportion of seniors in Florida.   For that reason they should be taking extra precautions.

from what I understand those over 60 years of age are high risk for Covid.

I do hope people are sensible enough to listen to what the experts are saying and wear a mask and do the social distancing thing

What experts, the ones that keep changing what they believe is the right thing to do? 

The concerning part is that he can’t work out under doctors orders. The long term effects of this are all over the place and if he’s winded or out of breath still he gets bumped down.

On 6/27/2020 at 4:47 PM, weepaws said:

What experts, the ones that keep changing what they believe is the right thing to do? 

It's hard to be good at fantasy football without adapting to what's going on day to day.

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

It's hard to be good at fantasy football without adapting to what's going on day to day.

Fantasy football isn’t hard, it’s very easy. 

What’s going on i the world has no connection to ff, non zero.  

I cant wait until we the people finally get the truth about this virus , them so called experts phooey, they don’t know what’s the truth when it comes to this virus. 

Please seafoam don’t be scared, and don’t relate ff to this virus ever again. 

Thanks buddy. 

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Fantasy football isn’t hard, it’s very easy. 

What’s going on i the world has no connection to ff, non zero.  

I cant wait until we the people finally get the truth about this virus , them so called experts phooey, they don’t know what’s the truth when it comes to this virus. 

Please seafoam don’t be scared, and don’t relate ff to this virus ever again. 

Thanks buddy. 

Are you drunk? 

10 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Are you drunk? 

I’m taking even odds right now he comes back and says he has never taken even a sip of alcohol in his life. Calling it right now, get your bets in quick.

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I’m taking even odds right now he comes back and says he has never taken even a sip of alcohol in his life. Calling it right now, get your bets in quick.

-1200  he says "never taken even a sip of alcohol". 

19 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Are you drunk? 

Nope, just don’t find ff hard to play.  

And ff has nothing to do with this virus. 

Thanks, it’s good to see you shine. 

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Nope, just don’t find ff hard to play.  

And ff has nothing to do with this virus. 

Thanks, it’s good to see you shine. 

It will have everything to do with it if states don’t let them play, players get sick or teams get outbreaks, they can’t practice etc. It’s going to shape every facet of the entire year of fantasy football as we know it.

If they can’t play football, it doesn’t effect ff at all, there simply won’t be any football season.  

But it’s still not hard to be good at ff.  

Thanks for the reply, always appreciate you. 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

If they can’t play football, it doesn’t effect ff at all, there simply won’t be any football season.  

They could start playing then have to stop midseason, that affects FF greatly. It could affect the health of multiple players, that affects FF greatly. I know better than to debate here but I feel it’s too relevant to ignore.