fandandy

How long until Reparations for Slavery?

And what will America look like after the fact?

As we all know the founder of BET was recently in the news calling for reparations in the amount of $350,767 per descendent of AA slaves.  Sooner or later this will happen, maybe not in that amount, but it's damn near a given.  So, for the sake of argument, let's agree on the above amount and ask ourselves what this country will look like after reparations.

What say you?

Do you want to stay an American Citizen or would you like a parting gift and a one way ticket?

So non slave owners need to reimburse non slaves. Got it. :wacko:

Descendants of slaves should sue the people that benefit from it, till this day. . Seems easy enough. 

The real slavery is done by Africans to Africans, RIGHT NOW. Current day there are 3x as many African slaves than there ever were and it’s the most profitable it’s ever been. As usual, they should be looking within their own community for the real villains.

What slavery? I can't seem to find anything that proves it even existed. I see no evidence such a thing ever took place in the USA. Sorry, you get nothing because as far as I can see now, it never happened.

Take that and suck on it, loser lefties.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, fandandy said:

And what will America look like after the fact?

As we all know the founder of BET was recently in the news calling for reparations in the amount of $350,767 per descendent of AA slaves.  Sooner or later this will happen, maybe not in that amount, but it's damn near a given.  So, for the sake of argument, let's agree on the above amount and ask ourselves what this country will look like after reparations.

What say you?

He should start dishing out the payments then...

...and if it happens, every white person will be hitting up Ancestry so they can get their reparation.

I am not in favor of “reparations” per se, but if there were to be some mass expenditure in monuments, museums, historically black educational institutions, etc I think that would be appropriate. Maybe a holiday (Juneteenth) and some national recognition. I don’t know, just spitballing. We need to deal with our past though I don’t see how handing out sass of cash to people who were never slaves themselves accomplishes that.

Here's a solution. Add a line to our tax returns which asks if you want to donate to the Reparations Fund.  Easy peasy. Just like they used to have a line for presidential re-election fund. 

If your white guilt is burning in you with the intensity of a 1000 suns then go right ahead and specify a dollar amount.  In order to proudly show your righteousness your donation will be automatically blasted across social media so that you can virtue signal.  ( warning: don't go b1tching if people start criticizing the amount you pledged, though ).  Wealthy white celebs and politicians can FINALLY put their money where their mouth is. 

• Thanks 1

Reparations won't help.  Just like every Democrat policy, any money spent is never enough, so the tax just has to increase.

17 minutes ago, peenie said:

...and if it happens, every white person will be hitting up Ancestry so they can get their reparation.

I know I will.  My family is from Sicily.  I'm not paying because Democrats are racist.

15 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I am not in favor of “reparations” per se, but if there were to be some mass expenditure in monuments, museums, historically black educational institutions, etc I think that would be appropriate. Maybe a holiday (Juneteenth) and some national recognition. I don’t know, just spitballing. We need to deal with our past though I don’t see how handing out sass of cash to people who were never slaves themselves accomplishes that.

I already had a solution.  Tax the democrats,  they were the slave owners, and they fought to stay slave owners, that along with a bunch of other fights to keep the black man down. 

Pay up dirtballs... its your history. Deleting it, ain't changing it.

• Thanks 2

My parents and my whole blood line that I know of is from Ireland. England owes us some potatoes. 

Anderson Cooper is a Vanderbilt. Let’s start with him. 

• Thanks 1

I’m more of a look forward kinda guy.  Dwelling on the past is for losers.  

We permitted them to stay. That's enough. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, drobeski said:

I already had a solution.  Tax the democrats,  they were the slave owners, and they fought to stay slave owners, that along with a bunch of other fights to keep the black man down. 

Pay up dirtballs... its your history. Deleting it, ain't changing it.

Yes eminently rationale as always, Dr. Obeski

14 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I’m more of a look forward kinda guy.  Dwelling on the past is for losers.  

Sometimes you have to deal with the past to move forward though, wouldn’t you agree? I do think that is the situation here. But how is a different question.

While my suggestion was largely in jest, wouldn't making it easy and optional on our yearly tax form save a lot of trouble?  Those that feel compelled to donate can, those that don't will simply choose not to.  No complicated tax code based on income or requirements which dictate who has to pay.  Those well off donors can more than make up the difference for poor white trash without a pot to piss in. 

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Sometimes you have to deal with the past to move forward though, wouldn’t you agree? I do think that is the situation here. But how is a different question.

:lol:

How far back should we go? 1850? 1750? beginning of time? 

I’m all for taking down confederate statues. They never should have had one in the first place, racist democrats.  But we all know the slippery slope is real. That’s when the fun begins. We dropped a nuclear bomb on Japan. Ww2 statues must come down as well I guess? 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I know I will.  My family is from Sicily.  I'm not paying because Democrats are racist.

I learned how Sicilians were spawned from Dennis Hopper.  

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Dude, your wife doesn’t like you anymore and focking some dude younger than you from Tinder. Move on 👍👍👍

• Haha 2

How feasible will it be to locate the descendants of the tiny fraction of people who were defeated in the civil war that owned slaves in order to destroy them financially?

My purpose for this thread was more what would America look like after every AA got 350 grand.  Can you imagine?  

What shortages would we face?  During a pandemic, it was TP, hand sanitizer, meat, etc.  What would the reparation shortages be?

17 minutes ago, fandandy said:

My purpose for this thread was more what would America look like after every AA got 350 grand.  Can you imagine?  

What shortages would we face?  During a pandemic, it was TP, hand sanitizer, meat, etc.  What would the reparation shortages be?

Crack industry would be booming. 

54 minutes ago, RLLD said:

How feasible will it be to locate the descendants of the tiny fraction of people who were defeated in the civil war that owned slaves in order to destroy them financially?

And if it was feasible, and they implemented that, let's play out a scenario. This would be a good Twilight Zone episode.

A white guy (Joe) grows up with the desire to fight for civil rights. His parents taught him young about the injustices put upon black folks caused by racism. He goes to school. Elementary school, high school, college, law school all with the goal of doing something in his life to help out in his own way fight for civil rights. Paying for all his education by working nights while he attends classes during the days. Joe ends up finding his calling and it's to work tirelessly day and night to find those black people who were incarcerated for crimes they didn't commit and get them free. He's very good at his job for over 20 years. Loves his work and feels a sense of happiness that he is doing his part having freed multiple people from prison that didn't belong there.

One day Joe gets a letter from the IRS in the mail. Opens it, and sees he will be having a hefty additional tax to his yearly filings because he was identified as a descendant of a slave owner in the 1800s. He can't afford this tax and afford the mortgage on his home. He needs to scale down his living and move to lesser home.

A neighborhood over, some lower economic class black dude (Ray-Ray) who has committed violent crimes but was never caught for any of them, gets a seriously hefty check in the mail one day for reparations. He can now afford a better home. He goes out on the market, and finds a wonderful ranch home that just went up for sale only a neighborhood over but in a nicer area.

Ray-Ray calls the owner and they set up a viewing of the home. At the appointed time, Ray-Ray knocks on the door for the viewing of the home. Joe opens up the door and says hello. Ray-Ray loves the home and they work out a deal. Joe asks Ray-Ray where he was moving from and it ends up his house is still on the market. Joe ends up purchasing it because it's all he can afford and is still be in his same general area for work.

:banana:

Wait...  I thought we were supposed to forget the past, that is why schools are being renamed, statues torn down, etc...

Dems can't make up their mind what they want to do...

At the end of the day blacks will still be blacks.  As long as I don’t need to live with them I’m fine.  I’ll give them a few bucks.  After all, pan handling IS their American Dream.

I’m glad you guys can be outright racist now. Beats the old days when you had to pretend you weren’t, which everyone knew wasn’t true.

• Sad 1

I'll pay for a one way ticket

Ghana Welcomes African Americans Back Home

https://afro.com/ghana-welcomes-african-americans-back-home/

Four centuries ago Africans were taken from the Ghanaian coast and shipped to the Americas, and now 400 years later the country is calling her descendants back home.

At a luncheon on Sept. 28, American and Ghanaian dignitaries, Pan African advocates, spiritual leaders and the President of Ghana His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, launched The Year of Return Ghana 2019.

The Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) under the Auspices of the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture along with the Office of Diaspora Affairs at the Office of the President, the PANAFEST Foundation and the Adinkra Group of USA hosted the program at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.

The goal is to get African Americans to return to Ghana and have a transformative experience of connecting with the continent from which they were taken 400 years ago.