tanatastic

Juneteenth, who has it off?

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Mine was injun

My bad.  She wasn't part hispanolic?  🤔

F****** stupid. For f*** sake, make it effective 2022 at least. Declaring a federal holiday on Thursday to take effect on friday? Jesus christ, that's not going to cause any chaos. Not that we'll hear about it....

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

F****** stupid. For f*** sake, make it effective 2022 at least. Clearing a national federal declaring a federal holiday on Thursday to take effect on friday? Jesus christ, that's not going to cause any chaos. Not that we'll hear about it....

Totally agree here...

So, we have like nine different military bases in town. It's a shih tzu already. I went to breakfast at the one place that serves alcohol. Fantastic food.  Two ambulances and about half a dozen fights before 10 a.m.

It's like kids on a f****** snow day.

Luckily, there are hot chicks everywhere.

This whole Town's going to be a shitshow all day long.

Even the soldiers are saying there is something incredibly shady how fast a Federal holiday was declared.

Don't kid yourself. This has not a god damn thing to do with pc/BLM. 

I'm not calling it a stand down. But it's a f****** mess. And you know I don't root for that Trumper b******* side.

19 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Beats Jewteenth

Is that the one that commemorates the last time a jew paid retail for living room furniture?  🤔

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

WTF is a juneteenth? Sounds like some gay liberal made up holiday.

It's remembrance by one Republican President (Trump), supporting the accomplishments of a former Republican President (Lincoln), for freeing black people from Democratic imposed rules (slavery).  I see nothing wrong with the holiday.

No s***. You get the feeling this is actually the day that Biden declares covid officially over. Whether it is or not.

Freak. Noon here in military town. And just off the hook. Can't imagine what 9:00 p.m. is going to look like. Already got offered a bouncer bar back job for the day.

F*** that.

13 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

No s***. You get the feeling this is actually the day that Biden declares covid officially over. Whether it is or not.

Freak. Noon here in military town. And just off the hook. Can't imagine what 9:00 p.m. is going to look like. Already got offered a bouncer bar back job for the day.

F*** that.

Nothing really out of the ordinary here. 

I needed cigars and Oban Distillers Edition so I was in your old neighborhood this morning.  It is a total BLM/Sheila Jackson Lee sh!t show.  Homeless focks everywhere being aggressive as hell, walking right out in the middle of moving traffic to get people to stop.  Seal team six was guarding SPECs.  Two guys in the main parking lot, one outside at the entrance/exit, one guy in the small parking lot and one guy in the store.  Your old bar looks to have been ghettoized.   It didn't look this bad when I worked over there in 1992.

44 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's remembrance by one Republican President (Trump), supporting the accomplishments of a former Republican President (Lincoln), for freeing black people from Democratic imposed rules (slavery).  I see nothing wrong with the holiday.

That's what it should truly be. But libs want it to be about white supremacy. Competing parades is what will happen.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

That's what it should truly be. But libs want it to be about white supremacy. Competing parades is what will happen.

For decades black people in Houston have been incapable of getting along so they have has 2 MLK Day parades.  

24 minutes ago, Bert said:

For decades black people in Houston have been incapable of getting along so they have has 2 MLK Day parades.  

Liberal mindset. They should all be sent to venezuela.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Bert said:

What's the story behind this?

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Nothing really out of the ordinary here. 

I needed cigars and Oban Distillers Edition so I was in your old neighborhood this morning.  It is a total BLM/Sheila Jackson Lee sh!t show.  Homeless focks everywhere being aggressive as hell, walking right out in the middle of moving traffic to get people to stop.  Seal team six was guarding SPECs.  Two guys in the main parking lot, one outside at the entrance/exit, one guy in the small parking lot and one guy in the store.  Your old bar looks to have been ghettoized.   It didn't look this bad when I worked over there in 1992.

If the messaging function wasn't f***** up, you have heard this before. I miss you mother f*****. You're the only reason I'm in this board. And you're the best guy I ever met.

F***, this country needs more than you. You and your dad. Best of the month.

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

This is awesome.  So, the original parade is the one that's being officially recognized now, over the one started later, that was intended to be more culturally diverse!!!  BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

You can't make this up.

Someone should tell the DogCow that it looks like there were a couple of other shifts in the parties that he didn't realize.  Because, not only did LBJ not recognize MLK after the Civil Rights and MLK's murder happening during his term... it was a Republican (Reagan), who make MLK's birthday a national holiday.  Damn, all these racist Republican's are really bad at this racism thing.  Hmmm... wonder why LBJ or Ford didn't do it?  :dunno:

The CDC canceled a meeting today about the vaccine causing heart problems for young people. Because of Juneteenth. Clown world.  

21 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I just got finished explaining it to my daughter. I told her what it was about and emphasized that a lot of good men died to free the slaves, which had never happened before, even though the scourge of slavery has been around everywhere for ever, by all races. Slave revolts? Yeah. A civil war over freeing them? Nope. That’s an American thing. America mother fockers. The best. 

By Jupiter's c0ck!!!!   Maybe STARZ can make a sex filled series based on the underground railroad?

Fun fact: apparently I've said this enough times that my phone now offers up "c0ck" as soon as I type "Jupiter's".  :lol:

• Haha 1

My company honoring it on July 2nd since it’s late and on time going forward. Love another paid holiday.

37 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This is awesome.  So, the original parade is the one that's being officially recognized now, over the one started later, that was intended to be more culturally diverse!!!  BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

You can't make this up.

Someone should tell the DogCow that it looks like there were a couple of other shifts in the parties that he didn't realize.  Because, not only did LBJ not recognize MLK after the Civil Rights and MLK's murder happening during his term... it was a Republican (Reagan), who make MLK's birthday a national holiday.  Damn, all these racist Republican's are really bad at this racism thing.  Hmmm... wonder why LBJ or Ford didn't do it?  :dunno:

The parties switched for a couple of days.

15 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

My company honoring it on July 2nd since it’s late and on time going forward. Love another paid holiday.

Since we're a 24/7 shop we can only have x number of people out today.  So, we get to choose when we want to take it.  Another floating holiday for a reason I give not one damn about.  Woo Hoo!!!

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You can't make this up.

Somebody failed history class, badly. LBJ was already a lame duck by the time MLK was shot (he already announced he wasn’t running in the upcoming election), and attempts to create an MLK day in 1968 were killed in Congress anyway, never making it to the president’s desk.

And another history fail in the above post: Ford was a Republican. So if you wonder why Ford didn’t do it, then how about why didn’t Nixon do it? I mean, the answer is obviously that racists in Congress never let that bill make it to the president’s desk. By the 1980s, attitudes in America had changed enough that most people in Congress supported a MLK day…. Jesse Helms being the biggest exception.

LBJ worked with Congress to pass many meaningful laws to end segregation in America and allow black people to vote. Much more substantive than signing a bill establishing a holiday.

If you want to believe some fantasy that Lincoln’s GOP is the same as today’s GOP, go for it. But history says otherwise. Even the simplest look at the “solid south” right after LBJ passed civil rights laws shows it flipped from blue to red with record speed. Jesse Helms, Strom Thurmond, and other famous racists (formerly known as segregationists) led that charge.

• Thanks 1

So I was listening to XM radio today on my way to the beach and I had Lithium (90s Alternative Music) on and they were promoting their weekend specials about promoting Black history in music and everything black artists have contributed. I didn’t feel like hearing anymore of that so I switched the station to XM Fly (90s Hip Hop) and heard Biggie Smalls singing “Fock B!tches, Get Money”, and at that moment I felt a sense of clarity about what went wrong with the black culture. I then went on to sing every word of the song. Biggie was awesome. 

39 minutes ago, DonS said:

By Jupiter's c0ck!!!!   Maybe STARZ can make a sex filled series based on the underground railroad?

Fun fact: apparently I've said this enough times that my phone now offers up "c0ck" as soon as I type "Jupiter's".  :lol:

:lol:

46 minutes ago, DonS said:

Yeah, THAT’S why your phone expects you to type c0ck. 

Just now, frank said:

Yeah, THAT’S why your phone expects you to type c0ck. 

You got me.  It also prompts me whenever I type "Frank loves" or "Frank craves". 

19 minutes ago, DonS said:

You got me.  It also prompts me whenever I type "Frank loves" or "Frank craves". 

Um, do you type that a lot? :unsure:

3 minutes ago, frank said:

Um, do you type that a lot? :unsure:

I dabble in writing online erotica.  Haven't you ever wondered why your ears are burning from time to time? :wub:

10 minutes ago, DonS said:

I dabble in writing online erotica.  Haven't you ever wondered why your ears are burning from time to time? :wub:

That explains all the stares. Dammit, I thought it was the sit-ups. :mad:

Just now, frank said:

That explains all the stares. Dammit, I thought it was the sit-ups. :mad:

:thumbsup:

Quickest way to know an argument is over, a liberal plays "the party's switched myth". It's desperate and sad, also laughable.

• Confused 1

On 6/18/2021 at 6:58 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

So funny that many, many American fighting men dies on behalf of blacks and Jews. The two groups that spout anti-Americanism the loudest. 

Nice story. Not entirely accurate, but nice story.

1. It ignores that half of the white soldiers that died died for the confederacy, hoping to keep slavery.

2. It ignores that many union troops were drafted, and wanted no part of it.

3. In WWII, supposedly, even the president wasn't aware of the concentration camps until near the end of the war, let alone the rank and file.

3. The US, like most other nations, was not exactly chomping at the bit to bring in Jewish refugees fleeing the nazis.

4. The nation we were allied with, the ussr,  killed more people total than Hitler, and more than its share of jews.

5. We didn't get involved until directly attacked. And even then, we only declared war on Japan, not Hitler.

So the notion that either of those wars were great moral crusades is shakey at best. They were wars fought over power, like most others. 

On 6/17/2021 at 3:52 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I just got finished explaining it to my daughter. I told her what it was about and emphasized that a lot of good men died to free the slaves, which had never happened before, even though the scourge of slavery has been around everywhere for ever, by all races. Slave revolts? Yeah. A civil war over freeing them? Nope. That’s an American thing. America mother fockers. The best. 

Too bad your daughter is so ill informed. Great Britain beat us by about 60 years. Actually a bunch of countries beat us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Too bad your daughter is so ill informed. Great Britain beat us by about 60 years. Actually a bunch of countries beat us.

Hell, Russia freed the serfs before we freed the slaves. On paper at least. 

8 hours ago, dogcows said:

Somebody failed history class, badly. LBJ was already a lame duck by the time MLK was shot (he already announced he wasn’t running in the upcoming election), and attempts to create an MLK day in 1968 were killed in Congress anyway, never making it to the president’s desk.

And another history fail in the above post: Ford was a Republican. So if you wonder why Ford didn’t do it, then how about why didn’t Nixon do it? I mean, the answer is obviously that racists in Congress never let that bill make it to the president’s desk. By the 1980s, attitudes in America had changed enough that most people in Congress supported a MLK day…. Jesse Helms being the biggest exception.

LBJ worked with Congress to pass many meaningful laws to end segregation in America and allow black people to vote. Much more substantive than signing a bill establishing a holiday.

If you want to believe some fantasy that Lincoln’s GOP is the same as today’s GOP, go for it. But history says otherwise. Even the simplest look at the “solid south” right after LBJ passed civil rights laws shows it flipped from blue to red with record speed. Jesse Helms, Strom Thurmond, and other famous racists (formerly known as segregationists) led that charge.

And then In 2021, the segretationsts all moved back to the Democratic Party. https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/08/24/nyur-a24.html

Meanwhile, in 2021 the Democratic Party has pretty much abandoned MLK's colorblindness to the Republicans and are getting pied pipered chasing Ibram Kendi and Robin DiAngelo's skin color obsession. https://blogs.hope.edu/getting-race-right/our-context-where-we-are/the-history-we-inhaled/color-blind-vs-anti-racist/

When white conservatives speak to blacks, the treat them as equals, when white liberals speak to blacks, they treat them as retards: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/11/30/white-liberals-dumb-themselves-down-when-they-speak-black-people-new-study-contends/

57 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Britain had a civil war to end slavery? Maybe try reading what’s written. Now say you’re sorry. 

• Like 1