BiffTannen

Aunt Jemima - cancelled

Up north we have Land O' Lakes butter.  It use to have an Indian woman on the package with a lake in the background.  They got rid of the Indian but kept the land.  :lol:

• Haha 3

While they are at it they should change the name of meth and fentanyl to George Floyd Joy, or George Floyd change the world candy treats.

Guys.  If George Washington owned slaves, then we can’t have our nations capital in D.C.   

it must be changed to Atlanta 

Hotlanta baby!&@!

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Guys.  If George Washington owned slaves, then we can’t have our nations capital in D.C.   

it must be changed to Atlanta 

Hotlanta baby!&@!

But the South had slavery.... 

How about we move it to Canada and everyone that wants to erase US history can all follow suit? 

36 minutes ago, posty said:

George Washington did own slaves, so did Thomas Jefferson...

Looks like TJ is getting some attention now...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/columbus-confederates-anger-statues-boils-121003016.html

In Portland, Oregon, demonstrators protesting against police killings turned their ire to Thomas Jefferson, toppling a statue of the Founding Father who also enslaved more than 600 people.

I wonder if Torrid was involved with this one?

I heard they're changing Rice Krispies mascots to three brothers with guns.  Pop, Pop, and Pop.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I heard they're changing Rice Krispies mascots to three brothers with guns.  Pop, Pop, and Pop.

Lucky Charms changing to Lucky Lamars

Cookie Crisp is now Luda Crisp

Fruit Loops? Nope - Snoop Loops

It’s now racist to include any name in your product that any black persons has ever had or sounds like they would have.

• Thanks 1

Just now, tanatastic said:

It’s now racist to include any name in your product that any black persons has ever had or sounds like they would have.

Uncle Tom okay?

I hope everyone sleeps better tonight knowing Aunt Jemima is no longer a thing.

4 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Uncle Tom okay?

She will live on. I'm going to the store later to purchase all Aunt Jemima bottles on the shelf and will continue to reuse/refill those bottles forever. Slave bittch is going to cover my waffles and pancakes until I say she can retire. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Uncle Tom okay?

The black community won’t sleep until every beloved black icon is erased. First they spit on Hattie McDaniels historic Oscar win in gone with the wind, now this. Self sabotage at its finest. 

11 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Cinnamon Toask Krunk

Apple Car Jacks

Cornrow Pops

Chex Yoself

Cocoa Butter Krispies 

Kicks

Crack Oat Bran

Honey B!tch Smacks

Death 

• Like 1

The funny thing is, this isnt the first time shes been under fire

Yall remember when they just took the doo rag off her head and kept the logo?  Yeah, corp America really cares about black lives allright.

16 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

The black community won’t sleep until every beloved black icon is erased. First they spit on Hattie McDaniels historic Oscar win in gone with the wind, now this. Self sabotage at its finest. 

Queen Latifah decided to weigh in on this and other things, because you know she is an "entertainer" and her "voice" is "important"...

https://www.ajc.com/news/queen-latifah-let-gone-with-the-wind-gone-forever/NAGf0piJXda8wEFct29tDM/

28 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Cinnamon Toask Krunk

Apple Car Jacks

Cornrow Pops

Chex Yoself

You should get a job in advertising. You certainly have a gift.  :thumbsup:

But in all seriousness for one sec....

Nobody focking cares that they changed the freakin' name of a pancake / waffle syrup. 

People just roll their collective eyes because its a symptom/example of how ludicrous some of this stuff going on really is getting too.   It's comical at this point, might as well make fun of it and laugh. 

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

But in all seriousness for one sec....

Nobody focking cares that they changed freakin' the name of a pancake / waffle syrup. 

People just roll their collective eyes because its a symptom/example of how ludicrous some of this stuff going on really is getting too.   It's comical at this point, might as well make fun of it and laugh. 

Yep.

3 minutes ago, posty said:

What is sad is that Aunt Jemima was a real person...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Green

She was born into slavery became an icon with the company...  What is wrong with this story?

She wasn't the original. The original was a real slave for a Quaker Oat exec and is buried near Cincinnati. 

They should also cancel Kool cigarettes. The two OO's look like handcuffs.  

Companies should just replace all depictions of people on products with the gray default silhouette that is used when you haven't set up your profile pic or avatar. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

They should also cancel Kool cigarettes. The two OO's look like handcuffs.  

You joke but really I don’t think we are that far off from this.

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

You joke but really I don’t think we are that far off from this.

We're not. Can't believe it took this long to get where we are today with this bullshiot. 

They had a local talk show host here back in the late 90's that always had controversial topics regarding race. Would fire up both sides.Very entertaining guest and dialogue. He ended up getting fired. Not for his commentary but his topics and guests commentary. Had a local black comedian on who wrote a book about the names black people name their children. He looked at local and national birth announcements along with Census records. Fired in less than a month just for talking about it. But right before he was fired, he had a black preacher screaming racism in advertising and how corporations target minorities. Kool was my favorite. KFC was another one. I shook my head and laughed. And now it's here. 

32 minutes ago, DonS said:

Companies should just replace all depictions of people on products with the gray default silhouette that is used when you haven't set up your profile pic or avatar. 

• Haha 1

Started right here in St. Joe MO by Pearl Milling company and would later become a Quacker Oats manufacturer which is now an ethanol plant.

15 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Started right here in St. Joe MO by Pearl Milling company and would later become a Quacker Oats manufacturer which is now an ethanol plant.

Sounds like you live in a very racist city...

3 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

KFC guy?

I always thought they would have replaced him by now if they weren't so busy making fun of him.  😏

How did Jake from State Farm turn into a black guy

• Thanks 1