Cdub100

Atlanta police calling off, walking off and not answering radios

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Me too. It’s a manufactured issue the media and politicians use to get weak minded folk riled up. 

Now where it will piss me right off is at the Olympics. You know our athletes are going to kneel on the focking podium on international television. Constantly.

Shouldn't be allowed back in if you sh!t on your country while representing it like that. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I would not want to go to a movie and watch 2 minutes of a couple actors coming on screen and telling me their gripes before the movie starts.

They save it for the award shows, but I'm actually shocked they haven't done what you suggest though.

59 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

They save it for the award shows, but I'm actually shocked they haven't done what you suggest though.

It’s done two dozen times more subtly mid-film.

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2020 at 7:49 PM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

No... You're wrong.

Yes, me being annoyed by it is just a personal opinion. You are correct there.

But when the NFL prohibited it, that is fully within their rights. It is not the athletes platform. They are wearing the teams and the NFL logo on their uniform, on television airtime that the league paid for.

Nobody else has a right to protest at work. Try having a rally by the fry o later and see what happens.

What if some white players wanted to protest by wearing Klan hoods during warm ups? Think that sh!t would fly? Would that be their first amendment right then? 

I agree completely. I don't think the players should be allowed to make political statements during a game. 

You want to express your views before or after the game? Feel free. But while you're at the stadium you should keep your trap shut. 

3 hours ago, 5-Points said:

I agree completely. I don't think the players should be allowed to make political statements during a game. 

You want to express your views before or after the game? Feel free. But while you're at the stadium you should keep your trap shut. 

There is a simple solution, if you don’t like it don’t watch the games. If you support it watch the games. If you don’t support it and watch the games quit whining and complaining about what is going on, you are part of the problem.

38 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

There is a simple solution, if you don’t like it don’t watch the games. If you support it watch the games. If you don’t support it and watch the games quit whining and complaining about what is going on, you are part of the problem.

You're being too simplistic about the whole thing. People have right to be pissed that their entertainment has turned into a platform for liberal social commentary. This is sports for God's sake. Think of something that you really enjoy, a hobby you've been doing for years, a unique one of a kind product you purchase regularly, whatever.  Then think of it being fully saturated with a political or social message, in one way or another, that you don't support. 

Sure, move on from it, but, it would still bum you out wouldn't it?

Plus, in this situation, it's actually a big topic these these days. The NFL is only but 1 example. This crap is all over the place.

Wake up dude. Try thinking your comments through. At least a little bit.

17 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

You're bakering up the wrong tree. If the NFL condones this jackassery, I won't be watching. 

As long as the players kneel, I won't spend any money on the NFL.  Outside of the $5 I spend on the "Sports package" for cable, in which I get Red Zone, the NFL gets nothing.

I turn on RedZone for fantasy football purposes... no commercials, and I'm out.

• Thanks 1

I will be very interested to see what happens if there is a sports game played in front of fans, players kneel, fans resoundingly boo, and some fans charge the court / field.  Will the police / security protect the players or do nothing?  Or will the police protect the fans if the players retaliate?

2 minutes ago, riversco said:

I will be very interested to see what happens if there is a sports game played in front of fans, players kneel, fans resoundingly boo, and some fans charge the court / field.  Will the police / security protect the players or do nothing?  Or will the police protect the fans if the players retaliate?

I remember when Ron Artest was acting the fool and a Pistons fan confused his head with a trash receptacle. It caused the Pacers to charge the crowd.