Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Deebo Samuel: Broken Foot

I’m reading two to three  months.  

Nuts, there goes getting Aiyuk on the cheap...

He was supposed to have a break out season.

Looks like that's a little less likely now. His fantasy stock will plummet

12 hours ago, jrokh said:

Nuts, there goes getting Aiyuk on the cheap...

I guess I don't understand why someone wants a rookie on a low volume pass attack with multiple options ahead of him. 

5 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I guess I don't understand why someone wants a rookie on a low volume pass attack with multiple options ahead of him. 

Happy to help: Last year in my half ppr league Deebo Samuel had 8 games with 12 fantasy points or more. That is good value in a 12 team or more league. He was also a rookie in the exact situation you described. I would argue that Aiyuk would have been in an even better situation than Deebo was. Before the injury, Aiyuk was typically available at the end of mock drafts, right in the spot known as a 'flier'. Now, it is likely one will have to spend a much more valuable pick to guarantee his services on your team. As for 'multiple options ahead of him' who are you referring to? There is George Kittle, and...…??? That is what is known as a singular option ahead of him. HTH

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

As for 'multiple options ahead of him' who are you referring to? There is George Kittle, and...…??? 

Kendrick Bourne and Trent Taylor will have something to say about Aiyuk's value as a rookie.  (Not to mention that Samuel will be back by the start of the season.)

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Kendrick Bourne and Trent Taylor will have something to say about Aiyuk's value as a rookie.  (Not to mention that Samuel will be back by the start of the season.)

If Samuel is back before the season THAT would make a difference, but then Aiyuk could once again be had on the cheap. However, he is very unlikely to be back before the season and will most likely be on the PUP. I am not sure where you are getting your info from: 

Dr. Robert Anderson is performing surgery Thursday to repair the dreaded Jones fracture. Jones fractures can cause all sorts of complications moving forward, but hopefully Samuel's recovery goes off without a hitch. Still, the 12-16 weeks timetable likely means a trip to the reserve/PUP list to start the season for Samuel. That would cost him at least the first six weeks of the season should the 2020 schedule go on as planned

As for Bourne and especially Taylor, Neither of those Jaggy WR's would change my assessment of the far superior Aiyuk.

The 12-16 week timetable is new to me; I'd heard 2-3 months, which would have made him available by early September.  Broken bones themselves don't usually take more than 6-8 weeks, so there must be something going on with this one that I don't understand if it could mean him missing up to 4 months.

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

As for Bourne and especially Taylor, Neither of those Jaggy WR's would change my assessment of the far superior Aiyuk.

In any case, I think it would be tough for a rookie to step in and outperform the other WRs on the team.  In time, Aiyuk may be the best of them, but as a rookie, especially early in the season, I'd be looking to Bourne and Taylor instead.  Bourne's goalline targets would probably lead me to lean toward him in non-PPR leagues, while Taylor was Garoppolo's favorite receiver in camp last year, so I'd look to him in PPR leagues.

Why Trent Taylor is Essential to the 49ers in 2020

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The 12-16 week timetable is new to me; I'd heard 2-3 months, which would have made him available by early September.  Broken bones themselves don't usually take more than 6-8 weeks, so there must be something going on with this one that I don't understand if it could mean him missing up to 4 months.

In any case, I think it would be tough for a rookie to step in and outperform the other WRs on the team.  In time, Aiyuk may be the best of them, but as a rookie, especially early in the season, I'd be looking to Bourne and Taylor instead.  Bourne's goalline targets would probably lead me to lean toward him in non-PPR leagues, while Taylor was Garoppolo's favorite receiver in camp last year, so I'd look to him in PPR leagues.

Why Trent Taylor is Essential to the 49ers in 2020

Well now I kind of agree with you on Bourne since he is the value flyer you can get at the end of the draft. Aiyuk will be taken by someone before rd 10-12 are through. Which really was my point.

6 hours ago, jrokh said:

Happy to help: Last year in my half ppr league Deebo Samuel had 8 games with 12 fantasy points or more. That is good value in a 12 team or more league. He was also a rookie in the exact situation you described. I would argue that Aiyuk would have been in an even better situation than Deebo was. Before the injury, Aiyuk was typically available at the end of mock drafts, right in the spot known as a 'flier'. Now, it is likely one will have to spend a much more valuable pick to guarantee his services on your team. As for 'multiple options ahead of him' who are you referring to? There is George Kittle, and...…??? That is what is known as a singular option ahead of him. HTH

If deebo isn't back then yes Ayuik had some real potential. With Hurd coming back it just seems there would be way too much distribution of targets. Maybe people are a little jaded by the insane efficiency we saw from multiple rookie receivers last year? 

He’ll be over paid for. 

He’s been a great value in mocks.  

Yeah who wants to own a wr2 in non ppr and a wr3 in ppr, that’s would just be silly.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

He’s been a great value in mocks.  

Yeah who wants to own a wr2 in non ppr and a wr3 in ppr, that’s would just be silly.  

That’s a fair projection no doubt but it’s speculative. He was ranked 26th in non ppr (yes I know your league is 14tms, but for sake of debate you always want to talk about 12tm unless otherwise stated.) and while that indeed is close, he needed 150 rush yds and 3 rush tds to sniff that. Not exactly easy for a wr to do. He could still break out of course this season.

Mclaurin 133.9

Metcalf 133.1 

Samuel 132.1. 

He was 1.8 points from 24th place, really   

His avg of 8.8 was the 21st best in non ppr.  

59 minutes ago, weepaws said:

His avg of 8.8 was the 21st best in non ppr.  

Or 31st, for those of us who live in the reality where two tied scores still count as two players.

25 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Or 31st, for those of us who live in the reality where two tied scores still count as two players.

That’s not my problem. 

His avg was the 21st best.  

Now that is my problem. 

28 minutes ago, weepaws said:

What is a heavy duty catholic? 

Go away. This is a Deebo Samuel thread. I engaged too much with you on this already. My bad. Live and learn. 

Agreed.  

So let’s get back to ff.  

I don’t see why anyone wouldn’t want a wr3 and or a low wr2 on their ff team. 

Thanks. 

Agreed.  

So let’s get back to ff.  

I don’t see why anyone wouldn’t want a wr3 and or a low wr2 on their ff team. 

Thanks. 

If he misses the first 6 games on the PUP list as being reported as a real possibility, he won't finish as a wr2 or wr 3. That Is the point of this thread. He broke his foot, it's a Jones fracture...

Reports I’ve been seeing say he should be back in a couple of months back when he had his surgery, of course if that’s not the case then he won’t be able to play, and that would decrease is value at the start of the season, and I read that his teammate Taylor missed the whole season with the same issue 

But I’m thinking he’ll be ready to go, and that’s the bases of my post.  

Now if he does miss the first six games, his total points won’t be a wr2 or 3, but his avg of those 

last eight games will be, and I just did two 12 team non ppr drafts, he went tenth round and mid ninth , now that’s great value, getting a wr2 -3 as a wr4 in most cases, I’m buying , What Says You? 

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

If he misses the first 6 games on the PUP list as being reported as a real possibility, he won't finish as a wr2 or wr 3. That Is the point of this thread. He broke his foot, it's a Jones fracture...

If every other WR ties with 200 fantasy points and Samuel gets 25 then he's the #2 WR, don'tcha know.

I think it’s crazy to think every other wr will score 200 ff points, What Says You? 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think it’s crazy to think every other wr will score 200 ff points, What Says You? 

I think it's crazy to count every player who scores the same fantasy points as one player, so you're in good company.

That’s not my problem. 

I think it’s crazy not to, if they score the same amount of points, can’t rank them differently. 

That’s not my problem. 

I think it’s crazy not to, if they score the same amount of points, can’t rank them differently. 

Of course not; that's why we humans invented the concept of the "tie"--when two players score the same amount of points, they are counted as "tied"--but they are still counted as two different players.

Some of the less evolved species have not yet gotten the memo.

So we agree, thank you, two different players, same points , count as a tie, we agree. 

Thanks , always appreciate you. 

2 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Not surprised. Foot injuries like that are notorious for lingering