JustinCharge

how are your liberal facebook / instagram /twitter friends reacting to statues coming down?

how are your liberal facebook / instagram /twitter friends reacting to statues coming down?

Mine are oddly silent about it.  Not a word about Grant, Washington, Roosevelt statues getting toppled.  Also not a peep about the election or Trump either.  The statues coming down shut them all up.  How about you?  I also went over to FBGs to see what comments they are making on the statues coming down and I don't see any support unless I missed it.  I'd love to hear how Joe Bryant feels but I'm sure he will shut his mouth.

I'm seeing very little on Facebook. Reddit is ecstatic of course. 

But I've been purging my Facebook and Reddit of pollutants. It just isn't worth the anxiety and anger to see that barrage of sh!t. I've unfollowed all my friends who post lots of politics, left or right. And I've blocked any news or politics in my reddit feed. Its basically all sports and books and tech on there now. 

• Like 1

I don’t know many liberals who are supportive of it, myself included. Think it’s one of those instances where the Twitter mob has outsize power 

Has newbie or honcho given a thumbs up or down on the statues of Roosevelt, Washington, Grant coming down on this forum?  I haven't seen them comment specifically either way.

1 minute ago, riversco said:

Has newbie or honcho given a thumbs up or down on the statues of Roosevelt, Washington, Grant coming down on this forum?  I haven't seen them comment specifically either way.

I haven’t seen Newbie at all lately. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, riversco said:

Is newbie on involuntary vacay?

Just now, Voltaire said:

I haven’t seen Newbie at all lately. 

me neither but I didn't think this place banned people so I thought I was just missing him.

If the statue ain't brown it must come down!!!!! 

I'm assuming that's the "thought" process involved with all this statue justice, right? 

• Haha 1

Just now, DonS said:

If the statue ain't brown it must come down!!!!! 

I'm assuming that's the "thought" process involved with all this statue justice, right? 

I believe the thought process is that as they destroy public works and tear down statues, it is "mostly peaceful".

3 minutes ago, riversco said:

me neither but I didn't think this place banned people so I thought I was just missing him.

He was banned before for wishing death on the president (many times). He kept that sentiment up his sleeve this time so he should have been OK.

I generally don't listen to liberals.   So I dunno.  I suppose I could see what the liberal wack a doodles over at FBG think but I don't care that much.  I know how I feel about it.

Luckily, I interact with very few of them. So in one ear/out the other. I never actually even know what the heck they're talking about.

pretty much only righty friends I know post things on fb.  not very often though.  some complaining about the removsls.  not on twitter, or any other social media.  

Dumb question.   At this point, if you are a conservative - you know to avoid politics in discussion with your liberal friends.   It's pointless.   

I think there are still liberals out there, and  think there are quite a few, who retain some measure of rationale thought.  We dont get to see them or hear much from them, for fear of cancellation from the burgeoning radical leftist liberals who strike fear into many.

Where I have occasion to speak to my reasonable and rational liberal friends I think the conversation goes pretty well, we may not agree on every point, but there is nothing personal about it, and their of us attempt to cancel the other, or label each other.

There are still people out there with the capacity for independent thought.

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think there are still liberals out there, and  think there are quite a few, who retain some measure of rationale thought.  We dont get to see them or hear much from them, for fear of cancellation from the burgeoning radical leftist liberals who strike fear into many.

Where I have occasion to speak to my reasonable and rational liberal friends I think the conversation goes pretty well, we may not agree on every point, but there is nothing personal about it, and their of us attempt to cancel the other, or label each other.

There are still people out there with the capacity for independent thought.

Most of us just want to go on living our lives.  I don't want to spend my free time protesting.  Most people are that way.  The people out there protesting/tearing down statues are either lowlifes without a job or radicals.  Soccer Mom's and "regular" people are just shaking their heads.  But what can you do?

2 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Silent

SILENCE IS VIOLENCE!!!  ✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾

I rarely ever go on. I just scrolled through. There's a mix of both. None of the liberal friends are mentioning statues being torn down. The non liberals are pissed about it

The mob won’t stop. Until they are stopped.  

• Thanks 1

Most of my liberal FB friends unfriended me already because I called them out on really stupid stuff they were posting in the past...

Silence, they won't even acknowledge it.

I watch a lot of historical documentaries. Watched one on the Russian revolution the other night.  Watching mob rule then and now is different. For now. But the bourgeois upper class didn’t fare too well then. And if this keeps up, they won’t now either.  Schools are next. Should be interesting. See what happened in NYC when the far left schools chancellor there did away with elite public schools. Liberals were not happy. So they took their kids out of public schools. 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

SILENCE IS VIOLENCE!!!  ✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾

True.

Also true is that looting, rioting, and vandalizing are peaceful.

I see you got the memo.

A liberal facebook friend just got their facebook ban lifted so they can post again.  Apparently they said something derogatory about people who refuse to wear masks and were in facebook jail for a week.

Most of mine liberal Facebook friends are feverishly pulling down statues.  They want the civil war to start soon.

I think many white Libtards are starting to get an uneasy feeling that this Frankenstein monster they’ve created may one day turn on them.  

6 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

I think many white Libtards are starting to get an uneasy feeling that this Frankenstein monster they’ve created may one day turn on them.  

They should and if we let it continue it will. 

2 hours ago, nobody said:

Most of mine liberal Facebook friends are feverishly pulling down statues.  They want the civil war to start soon.

Considering it’s 80% fake outraged white people doing the protesting, they will be among the first killed in the streets if a race war broke out. But the segment they think would be on their side.

here is something fun, one of the concerns that leftists laughed at about these statues is when people stated "where does this end", "what next the statue of Washington?", "this is a slippery slope, could lead to an ongoing removal".

Now.....listen to this....

😁

Wait, but when Trump said they would start coming for Jefferson et al we were assured that was not going to happen....   🙄

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/11/23/thomas-jefferson-statue-removed-nyc-slaveowner/

A 19th-century statue of Thomas Jefferson that's been in New York City Hall for more than century was removed from the City Council chambers ...

I am 49, I am done with FB and never used the others

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Wait, but when Trump said they would start coming for Jefferson et al we were assured that was not going to happen....   🙄

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/11/23/thomas-jefferson-statue-removed-nyc-slaveowner/

I bet you could hand any one of these psychotic protesters, $1 million in $2 bills and they would happily take them. Yes, the $2 bill still exists.

Hell, you could hand any one of the fucktards just a single $2 bill and they would take it.

What’s funny is that literally everything we said would happen has or is happening. 

17 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

What’s funny is that literally everything we said would happen has or is happening. 

People said statues would come down.  They got mocked until it happened.  Just like i say civil war is a huge threat. They just mock me.