Sign in to follow this  
edjr

People I know that are known to lie, fib, exaggerate. Have all said they had "corona" Why?

I know 2 people well, that couldn't tell the truth if it was to win money. Just incapable of not exaggerating a story, or just making the whole thing up. 

Both have said they "know they had corona/covid back in February and March.  What is the commonality here?

Tell them to get tested for anti-bodies and to show you the results...

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

I know 2 people well, that couldn't tell the truth if it was to win money. Just incapable of not exaggerating a story, or just making the whole thing up. 

Both have said they "know they had corona/covid back in February and March.  What is the commonality here?

TDS?

2 minutes ago, posty said:

Tell them to get tested for anti-bodies and to show you the results...

That would be like me asking for the STD test when they tell me all the girls they bang.  Why even bother? When it comes to compulsive liars, you have to know when to ask for proof. usually in large groups

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

TDS?

I wasn't thinking political, but that's an option I spose.

One of the guys who said he had the covid, has also said George Floyd is alive and it was all staged.

You hang out with dickheads?   

Do I win a prize for the correct answer?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Masshole said:

You hang out with dickheads?   

Do I win a prize for the correct answer?

Golf with them. In a league, once a week. USED to be better friends. Just golf now. my most hated person is a compulsive liar, that is why I can't stand GFIAFP 

Lying is a disease, like heroin

I called this some time ago, that COVID would be the new Celiac disease. People say this to make them sound interesting or get attention/sympathy from people. Like they are part of a special club, just the thought of it makes them giddy. The potential of getting responses like “REALLY? What was it like? Are you ok? You are so brave!” makes them feel like James freakin Bond.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Histrionic types also tend to be massive fibbers 

I was at Ted Williams last at bat 

24 minutes ago, edjr said:

Golf with them. In a league, once a week. USED to be better friends. Just golf now. my most hated person is a compulsive liar, that is why I can't stand GFIAFP 

Lying is a disease, like heroin

I knew a girl a while back in my waiting/bartender days that worked at a place with me. At one point she told everyone that her mom died. People were bringing in flowers to work for her. She would end up crying a lot and having to leave. Everyone felt terrible for her. One day her sister came into the bar and the other bartender said "sorry for your loss"  to her. She replied, "What loss? I just came in for a drink before picking up my sister.". Oopsies. Mom didn't die at all.  The lying chick quit work immediately after.

There was a "flu" epidemic on Jan, Feb, March.  It's possible they had the flu.  My son was in school in NY during that time, and I would bet he got it (not the flu). 

In order to virtue signal, they simply must be able to speak to having experienced something.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

There was a "flu" epidemic on Jan, Feb, March.  It's possible they had the flu.  My son was in school in NY during that time, and I would bet he got it (not the flu). 

Yup happened in our house and with all the traveling I did in February I thought for sure I had it. Nope 

I can't stand the one up liars. No matter what story you told they not only did it but way better/extreme. The exaggerate the story beyond belief.

• Like 1

I tend to go the opposite way and tell people I caught something that's been eradicated. I spent all last week in a wheelchair and told everyone I had polio.

We had a thread here and had zero Coronavirus cases. It’s not been updated in weeks. Maybe posting here is just as effective as rioting and looting for disease prevention.

4 hours ago, tanatastic said:

I called this some time ago, that COVID would be the new Celiac disease. People say this to make them sound interesting or get attention/sympathy from people. Like they are part of a special club, just the thought of it makes them giddy. The potential of getting responses like “REALLY? What was it like? Are you ok? You are so brave!” makes them feel like James freakin Bond.

Munchausen syndrome

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I knew a girl a while back in my waiting/bartender days that worked at a place with me. At one point she told everyone that her mom died. People were bringing in flowers to work for her. She would end up crying a lot and having to leave. Everyone felt terrible for her. One day her sister came into the bar and the other bartender said "sorry for your loss"  to her. She replied, "What loss? I just came in for a drink before picking up my sister.". Oopsies. Mom didn't die at all.  The lying chick quit work immediately after.

My brother has a crazy ex he knocked up. Back in the day, she was a pill popper, passing out with the kid and such, so he sues for custody. 

Before court, he runs into her boss somewhere. Boss says, "how's she doing, are her treatments going well?" 

Turns out she had told all her coworkers she had cancer. Took a bunch of days off for treatments. Her coworkers took up a collection to buy her a cold therapy wig, and she spent the money on drugs.

Boss was so pissed he happily showed up at the hearing and told the judge. That did not help her at all.

Reminds me of the people who can't have a headache. It has to be a migraine. Listen s*******. I've had 6 migraines in my life. I remember each one f****** vividly. If you actually had a migraine? You wouldn't be here under the fluorescent lights bitching for the last 3 hours about how you have a migraine. You'd be under your f****** desk.

As far as Corona goes, why the hell not? none of the tests are f****** conclusive. And none of the symptomatology is consistent or even existent.

The shoot is more bogus than Epstein-Barr, fibromyalgia, and demonic possession.

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Reminds me of the people who can't have a headache. It has to be a migraine. Listen s*******. I've had 6 migraines in my life. I remember each one f****** vividly. If you actually had a migraine? You wouldn't be here under the fluorescent lights bitching for the last 3 hours about how you have a migraine. You'd be under your f****** desk.

As far as Corona goes, why the hell not? none of the tests are f****** conclusive. And none of the symptomatology is consistent or even existent.

The shoot is more bogus than Epstein-Barr, fibromyalgia, and demonic possession.

Yeah, I've had a migrane twice. You don't text people about it. You don't talk. You lay there whimpering and hope to die. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mungwater said:

Was adidas around back then?

:lol:  nice!   

On August 18, 1949, Adi Dassler started over again at the age of 49, registered the “Adi Dassler adidas Sportschuhfabrik” and set to work with 47 employees in the small town of Herzogenaurach.