IGotWorms

Let’s talk about glyphosate (Roundup)

Is it focking cancerous or not? And how could it not be, really?

I mean they spray this sh1t all over literally every single fruit and vegetable we eat. Day in and day out. As a farmer you use this and water. The g0ddamn seeds are genetically engineered to be immune so they can literally bathe your food in this sh1t!

But maybe I’m overreacting.

Bayer, the world’s largest seed and pesticide maker, has agreed to pay more than $10 billion to settle tens of thousands of claims in the United States that its popular weedkiller Roundup causes cancer, the company said Wednesday.

The figure includes $1.25 billion to deal with potential future claims from people who used Roundup and may develop the form of cancer known as non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in the years to come.

“It’s rare that we see a consensual settlement with that many zeros on it,” said Nora Freeman Engstrom, a professor at Stanford University Law School.

Bayer, a German company, inherited the legal morass when it bought Roundup’s manufacturer, Monsanto, for $63 billion in June 2018. It has repeatedly maintained that Roundup is safe and will continue to sell the product without adding a warning on the label.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/06/24/business/roundup-settlement-lawsuits.amp.html

This is why I won't eat Beyond Meat products.  I'm sure 20 years from now, they will come out and say it causes cancer or your balls to fall off something.  I'll wait to see what happens.

Good question and thread.  

1.  I still use RoundUp but only once a year in the spring to kill the first big round of weeds around my home.  After that, which is usually a good 60 days, I do it the old fashioned way, pull them up by hand.  

2.  I think the most at risk are lawn care workers or public service workers that use that stuff all the time if not daily.  A ton of exposure.  I truly don't think the normal Joe homeowner who rarely uses it has much at risk.

3.  I am no hippy but I buy organic (pesticide / hormone free) whenever I can.  Mostly veggies, fruits, milk, and some meats.

"I don't like 'em putting chemicals in the water that turn the frickin' frogs gay!" ~Alex Jones

17 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Good question and thread.  

1.  I still use RoundUp but only once a year in the spring to kill the first big round of weeds around my home.  After that, which is usually a good 60 days, I do it the old fashioned way, pull them up by hand.  

2.  I think the most at risk are lawn care workers or public service workers that use that stuff all the time if not daily.  A ton of exposure.  I truly don't think the normal Joe homeowner who rarely uses it has much at risk.

3.  I am no hippy but I buy organic (pesticide / hormone free) whenever I can.  Mostly veggies, fruits, milk, and some meats.

Using it around the house probably won’t kill you.

But when it’s used on what you eat literally every single day? THAT’s the problem.

I buy organic sometimes too but it’s pretty hard. Sometimes it’s crazy expensive or just not available in what I need. Other times the quality is piss poor because there’s still not enough of a market to have it distributed as often as you’d need to keep it as fresh as the Roundup-addled stuff.

7 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

"I don't like 'em putting chemicals in the water that turn the frickin' frogs gay!" ~Alex Jones

it totally sounds dumb as fock.......but it's true.

32 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

it totally sounds dumb as fock.......but it's true.

It is. Frogs can adapt their gender to their environment and 99% of these frogs turned female. Alex was passing along reputable peer reviewed science research.

I suspect something similar happens to human males at Evergreen State College.

I've heard they use it to kill wheat stock so that it is more brittle and easier to harvest.  I've seen some correlation to the huge increase in Celiac (sp?).

23 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

If I only had a dollar for every million Monsanto has paid to settle lawsuits.

invest now.  they are the ones making that chemtrail juice, imagine the lawsuits when that nut gets cracked.