Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Tim Scott....mic drop

Trump War Room - Text TRUMP to 88022 (@TrumpWarRoom) Tweeted:
🚨This is a MUST WATCH moment from @SenatorTimScott after Democrats blocked the #JUSTICEAct:

"All these communities have been run by Democrats for decades.... I’m willing to compete for their vote. Are you?" https://t.co/jDeGAnFFjN https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1275866290230571008?s=20

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Trump War Room - Text TRUMP to 88022 (@TrumpWarRoom) Tweeted:
🚨This is a MUST WATCH moment from @SenatorTimScott after Democrats blocked the #JUSTICEAct:

"All these communities have been run by Democrats for decades.... I’m willing to compete for their vote. Are you?" https://t.co/jDeGAnFFjN https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1275866290230571008?s=20

Phenomenal.

Always said he's a brilliant man.  He just said the same thing that many of us have been saying for a while.  When I first heard about him, he was in the House.  Always a straight shooter.

19 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I mean, he's not wrong. :dunno:

He is but I just wish he'd left Detroit off his list.

We have adult leadership now (granted Democratic as always) in both the mayor's office and the Police Department, the city has been making improvements for years, Detroit didn't burn/riot/loot this time like everywhere else did, the police did use tear gas the moment things started to turn unruly in an early demonstration and the protesters didn't like that but they can suck Al Sharpton's cawk as it stopped things before they escalated, and Chief Craig had already banned choke holds for the DPD before the Eric Chauvin incident occurred.

None of the recent bullsh*t BLM flashpoints have occurred in Detroit.

We've now got fifty cities all moving in the wrong direction, while Detroit is improving. Detroit'll pass many of them in ten years time, Coleman Young has been dead for 26 years, get off our case, it's not great but it's not the Robocop/Coleman city it was in the 80s..

On 6/24/2020 at 8:54 PM, Voltaire said:

He is but I just wish he'd left Detroit off his list.

We have adult leadership now (granted Democratic as always) in both the mayor's office and the Police Department, the city has been making improvements for years, Detroit didn't burn/riot/loot this time like everywhere else did, the police did use tear gas the moment things started to turn unruly in an early demonstration and the protesters didn't like that but they can suck Al Sharpton's cawk as it stopped things before they escalated, and Chief Craig had already banned choke holds for the DPD before the Eric Chauvin incident occurred.

None of the recent bullsh*t BLM flashpoints have occurred in Detroit.

We've now got fifty cities all moving in the wrong direction, while Detroit is improving. Detroit'll pass many of them in ten years time, Coleman Young has been dead for 26 years, get off our case, it's not great but it's not the Robocop/Coleman city it was in the 80s..

I didn't know that about Detroit. The problem is it will take time to remove the stigma that city has. I drove through it once back in the 00s  Looked like a sh1t hole no offense.

The water is getting better in Detroit as well. I think it's damn near drinkable which is a major accomplishment for Democrats. Almost out of 3rd world status. Tim Scott needs to check himself acting like they ain't got no clean water. Fool.

4 hours ago, DexterM1776 said:

I didn't know that about Detroit. The problem is it will take time to remove the stigma that city has. I drove through it once back in the 00s  Looked like a sh1t hole no offense.

Its not enough to save Detroit.

30-50 years ago, Charlotte drew away companies and the best workers by clearly being the better place to live.  Had Detroit upgraded itself to be roughly on par with Charlotte back then, none of that would have left.

In 2020, if Detroit upgrades itself to be roughly on par with Charlotte, it will not entice businesses nor workers to move back.  It will not fix the city.  Detroit needs to be a clearly BETTER place to live compared to Charlotte.  It is too late to try to be just on par. They've let everyone flee the city now. 

So Detroit is still getting it very very very VERY wrong.  People and business don't say "Oh, that city is roughly on par with my current city.  Therefore, I am going to go thru the hassle of uprooting everything, leaving my friends, and moving 1000 miles away." 

8 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

The water is getting better in Detroit as well. I think it's damn near drinkable which is a major accomplishment for Democrats. Almost out of 3rd world status. Tim Scott needs to check himself acting like they ain't got no clean water. Fool.

The water in Detroit has always been treated and drinkable. For all out other problems, that's never been an issue before, during, and after Coleman Young. It's regionally funded and administered, the entire metro area and rural counties that surround it tap into it and have no issues and so the city itself and community have not had issues. Flint is where the problem occurred six years ago, and that was a direct result of them taking themselves off of the Detroit water grid and screwing up the transition to a local river source.

In Detroit, the street lights are all working again as of two-three years ago, and the bus line are safe to use but it's not a particularly public transportation friendly place. Police corruption is gone, we have an effective police chief.  The Downtown area is nice and safe, I took my family there to Hart Plaza and we walked around. A lot of young people of different colors live downtown now and housing prices are going up. Unfortunately, the schools are still a disaster. As the city shrunk from 2M to 600K, the neighborhoods around the city are a piecemeal of what survived and what didn't. The big issues of poverty and crime are still big issues but we're the trends are good and we're better off than we were.  Cleared out neighborhoods can be used as urban farms. The suburbs around have always been good, mostly.  

When last I drove through the city there was still more blight that needed removal but large chunks have been removed. Now, with the population stabilizing or increasing, that signifies the end to more new blight and by keeping pushing, maybe some day all the blight will be gone. There are small scale entrepenuarial attempts with shoestring budgets, people with a few hundred dollars and an idea, can make things work and grow in Detroit, like these urban farms. 

Detroit did clean up the severe water pollution in the 80's. They did have riots though recently so Tim Scott was correct. 42 people were arrested in late August from one report for rioting but he should have pointed out Chief Craig did the right thing unlike the rest of them and got it under control swiftly but they really didn't have a choice. The gentrification of the city is happening but any sign of weakness to control violence and vandalism and it's over with.  

12 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Detroit did clean up the severe water pollution in the 80's. They did have riots though recently so Tim Scott was correct. 42 people were arrested in late August from one report for rioting but he should have pointed out Chief Craig did the right thing unlike the rest of them and got it under control swiftly but they really didn't have a choice. The gentrification of the city is happening but any sign of weakness to control violence and vandalism and it's over with.  

It's hard to keep track of from overseas and I'd not checked too much recently to keep up.. Are those 42 from one day? I'lll go look this up, thanks.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

It's hard to keep track of from overseas and I'd not checked too much recently to keep up.. Are those 42 from one day? I'lll go look this up, thanks.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2020/08/23/detroit-protest-downtown-police-arrests/3423820001/

I was unaware of this, if this is as bad as we got this summer, it's not so bad. I'll see if I can find video footage.

43 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

"I am not going to let any group set up a Seattle zone of lawlessness here in the City of Detroit. That is non-negotiable," Detroit Police Chief James Craig said on Monday.

According to Craig, officers gave them several orders to disperse, and waited over an over before the decision was made to arrest people.

"The message is clear. You come to our city and you be disruptive, you will be arrested," Craig said.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2020/08/23/detroit-protest-downtown-police-arrests/3423820001/

I was unaware of this, if this is as bad as we got this summer, it's not so bad. I'll see if I can find video footage.

• Like 1