Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Moving out of the 5th spot in draft?

Standard league, 6 point TDs

Considering moving down to the 11th spot but not sure what to ask in return as far as swapped picks? 

My thought process is after Zeke, Mccafrey and saquan...not gushing over Henry or cook at 5. 

What are some thoughts on what's fair to ask in a pick swap?

25 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Considering moving down to the 11th spot but not sure what to ask in return as far as swapped picks? 

My thought process is after Zeke, Mccafrey and saquan...not gushing over Henry or cook at 5. 

Is this a redraft? If so the difference between 5 and 11 isn't very big imo. There are a ton of quality running backs to be had. I personally wouldn't give up much to move up to 5 if anything at all

If I was to move down to 11 I would find a spot where you see a clear tier break on player value later in the draft. In dynasty startups I have noticed that there is tons of talent available all the way to round 10. So I traded my 11, 12, and 13th round picks up into the 8, 9, 10th rounds. I would be looking to bump a pick later on where you want to grab an extra player who is a good value at his price

7 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Is this a redraft? If so the difference between 5 and 11 isn't very big imo. There are a ton of quality running backs to be had. I personally wouldn't give up much to move up to 5 if anything at all

If I was to move down to 11 I would find a spot where you see a clear tier break on player value later in the draft. In dynasty startups I have noticed that there is tons of talent available all the way to round 10. So I traded my 11, 12, and 13th round picks up into the 8, 9, 10th rounds. I would be looking to bump a pick later on where you want to grab an extra player who is a good value at his price

Yeah I think that's the issue...probably swap picks...just trying to see what's fair as far as round 

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah I think that's the issue...probably swap picks...just trying to see what's fair as far as round 

I found that going for a bigger swap in a later round is the best bet when swapping picks. You can possibly jump a full round or two later on when it doesn't seem as important to the other owner. I am not sure where the back end tier break is in redraft right now, but if you look at adp and find where there is an obvious drop in talent after a certain point, aim for pushing a pick after the tier break to before the tier break.

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Found this, might help.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/8/20/17758898/fantasy-football-draft-pick-value-chart

You seem awfully cavalier about passing up a 2,183 yard, 23 TD RB with the #5 pick.

That's what Derrick Henry would have put up in a full season with Tannehill at QB, based on his numbers from last year after Tannehill took the reins.

In any case, there is also this "competitor's" Draft Pick Calculator.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You seem awfully cavalier about passing up a 2,183 yard, 23 TD RB with the #5 pick.

That's what Derrick Henry would have put up in a full season with Tannehill at QB, based on his numbers from last year after Tannehill took the reins.

In any case, there is also this "competitor's" Draft Pick Calculator.

Derrick Henry fell to 3.10 in a higher stakes dynasty league startup recently. People really do not trust his success from last year.

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Derrick Henry fell to 3.10 in a higher stakes dynasty league startup recently. People really do not trust his success from last year.

That's crazy.

I had him in a lot of leagues last year because of his success in December of 2018 (606 yards/7 TDs in 4 games; a 2,424 yard, 28 TD pace) when he seemed to get things figured out a bit, for the first time in his career, really.  But then another Heisman winning RB from Alabama, Mark Ingram, also took a few years to get up to speed in the pros.

Henry is in as good a position as any RB to continue his success.  He will be the bellcow back in a run-first offense on a playoff-contending team for the foreseeable future.  He may not join the 2000/20 club, but I bet he will be close.

12 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

That's crazy.

I had him in a lot of leagues last year because of his success in December of 2018 (606 yards/7 TDs in 4 games; a 2,424 yard, 28 TD pace) when he seemed to get things figured out a bit, for the first time in his career, really.  But then another Heisman winning RB from Alabama, Mark Ingram, also took a few years to get up to speed in the pros.

Henry is in as good a position as any RB to continue his success.  He will be the bellcow back in a run-first offense on a playoff-contending team for the foreseeable future.  He may not join the 2000/20 club, but I bet he will be close.

I know you said you're not into dynasty, but there is a great opportunity in startups this year to build a well balanced team with a tremendous running back core. Guys like Chubb and Henry are not getting much respect compared to last years performance.

I just did a startup superflex, 12 team  4 point pass td and 50% bonus tight end ppr

Goff, Minshew (could have gotten better "names" if I really wanted to at qb. 

Henry, Chubb, Taylor, Singletary, David Johnson

Tyreek Hill, Tyler Boyd, Marvin Jones, Diontae Johnson, pittman

Waller, higbee

I will take Henry off of people's hands all day

16 hours ago, jrokh said:

Thanks, that was a fun one to look at.  

On 6/25/2020 at 7:31 AM, cyclone24 said:

Fair would be your 5th for that other owners 11th. 

That person might be be all to happy so trade. 

And to I think it’s a good move, if you do.  

I’ve always preferred a late draft pick, I like the second round early return pick. 

And if you don’t find anyone at 5 worthy of your own rankings, do it.  

Good to see you again, thanks. 

I don't know, I've never been a big fan of trading down in fantasy drafts. If you can get a big move up in the 2nd rounds, then go for it, but otherwise, I would just stay put.

The reason is, you don't know who may fall in the draft. It's not out of the question that one of the top 3 RBs may be there at 5. Somebody way take a WR and one of the other RBs and then you got your guy at 5. That won't happen at 11. If you really don't see much difference between the players ranked 5 to 11, then it's not a big deal to take any of them at 5.

If it's possible, I would say wait and try to work a deal during the draft once you're on the clock.

In a non ppr I wouldn’t count on any of the top four draft picks being a wr.  

I’m usually a fan of late picks. Having an early 2nd, while by NO means safe, is usually a spot to get a 1st round worthy player while the top half has to pray their guy hits and gets a less desireable 2nd rounder. If people let Henry fall to the late 1st you should be very happy.