Baker Boy

Minneapolis neighborhood that vowed not to call police is already being tested by 300-strong homeless encampment

Minneapolis neighborhood that vowed not to call police in wake of Floyd death is already being tested by 300-strong homeless encampment

A progressive Minneapolis neighborhood that pledged not to call the police in the wake of the death of George Floyd is now dealing with a 300-strong homeless encampment in a local park, according to reports.

Traffic has reportedly increased in the neighborhood around Powderhorn Park, as drug dealers seek to meet their clientele displaced during the civil unrest, rioting and looting following Floyd’s death at the end of May. At least one person overdosed inside the park and was brought out by an ambulance. Prostitution has also been reported in the area.

Residents though have agreed to “check their privilege” and “protect people of color” by not involving law enforcement to report instances of property damage

If anyone is put in physical danger, they instead vowed to seek help from the American Indian Movement, which was founded in Minneapolis in 1968 to address systemic issues of poverty and police brutality against Native Americans and has been policing their own communities for years.

Keeping the promise not to call the police has proven more difficult than imagined, as some residents have avoided the park altogether after being catcalled and are fearing for their children’s safety. Others said they had trouble sleeping at night, fearing campers would force their way into their homes.

“I’m not being judgmental,” Carrie Nightshade, 44, told the Times, explaining she no longer allows her children, 12 and 9, to play in the park by themselves. “It’s not personal. It’s just not safe.

Another resident, Mitchell Erickson, said he regretted calling 911 when two black teenagers cornered him a block away from his home, held a gun to his chest and demanded his car keys. Erickson said he mistakenly handed over his house keys, and the frustrated teens left him only to steal another car a few blocks away.

“Been thinking more about it,” Erickson said in a text message to a reporter. “I regret calling the police. It was my instinct but I wish it hadn’t been. I put those boys in danger of death by calling the cops.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-powderhorn-park-neighborhood-progressive-sworn-off-police-911-george-floyd

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Another resident, Mitchell Erickson, said he regretted calling 911 when two black teenagers cornered him a block away from his home, held a gun to his chest and demanded his car keys. Erickson said he mistakenly handed over his house keys, and the frustrated teens left him only to steal another car a few blocks away.

His regret should have been not carrying a gun and killing both of them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How the fock is a complete neighborhood woke?  I mean, do they have a checkbox on the application to move there that asks about political views?  There isn't ONE conservative in the neighborhood?  But whatever.  The outcome is predictable.

"Those Boys" will be dead within a year by other 'boys" with guns, not the cops.  

What a focking  idiot.  

36 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

held a gun to his chest and demanded his car keys.

“I regret calling the police. It was my instinct but I wish it hadn’t been. I put those boys in danger of death by calling the cops.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-powderhorn-park-neighborhood-progressive-sworn-off-police-911-george-floyd

This has got to be fake right? What about this idiots life? It was not in danger? Things are so absurd right now. Just when I think it can't get any worse I read something like this. 

3 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

This has got to be fake right? What about this idiots life? It was not in danger? Things are so absurd right now. Just when I think it can't get any worse I read something like this. 

If it's real, Babylon Bee needs to follow this guy around with a notepad.  😏

• Haha 1

So, let me get this straight. Black and some white people are outraged against white "racists" who think black people are violent and so want nothing to do with them because they are black, yet, now this person won't take her kids to the park because there are homeless there. So violent black people are worth fighting for, but homeless are, eeewwww? Too dangerous. I mean, it's nothing personal. :dunno:

"“I’m not being judgmental,” Carrie Nightshade, 44, told the Times, explaining she no longer allows her children, 12 and 9, to play in the park by themselves. “It’s not personal. It’s just not safe."

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

“Been thinking more about it,” Erickson said in a text message to a reporter. “I regret calling the police. It was my instinct but I wish it hadn’t been. I put those boys in danger of death by calling the cops.”

This mindless idiot has been so brainwashed by the cult of white moral superiority that he thinks there is a greater chance that the cops would gun these punks down than that they will shoot somebody in one of their daily robberies.  This is what we are fighting.  How do you fight this?  :(

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Place will be condemned within a couple months and property value of 10$.

:nono:

Property value is white privilege. 

13 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

There's no way this can be real.

If it isn't then it has the NYT fooled too. They are reporting the same thing.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

How the fock is a complete neighborhood woke?  I mean, do they have a checkbox on the application to move there that asks about political views?  There isn't ONE conservative in the neighborhood?  But whatever.  The outcome is predictable.

I already gave you the example of Russia in 1917.  Roving commie gangs would go around nice areas of town, bust down the doors of people living there, grab the residents and drag them out to the backyard and shoot them in the head.  All the while, the residents were absolutely bewildered as they were gunned down in cold blood, trying to plead that they were on the side of the revolution.  

This has all happened before.  

FOr you guys in fftoday, the answer is get a passport, think about moving overseas to somewhere that has a stable government.  Maybe Japan, Taiwan, the Phillipines I dunno.  

How do the homeless fare in Minny during the winter?  I get why Seattle has a bad homeless problem because weather is mild enough that it won't kill you (plus all the free sh1t the libs give them), but Minny?  That's gotta be brutal in the winter. 

Mommy will you take me to the park?

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Mommy will you take me to the park?

Local interview with one of the residents. "I won't let my kids go to the park now" Reap it Karen :lol:

Do they have porta potties? If they do I would pay some kids to go tip them over if I could. 

Those dumbfocks are east of 35w.  It's their own fault for living there.

1 hour ago, DonS said:

How do the homeless fare in Minny during the winter?  I get why Seattle has a bad homeless problem because weather is mild enough that it won't kill you (plus all the free sh1t the libs give them), but Minny?  That's gotta be brutal in the winter. 

I'm sure they deal with it. In Chicago winters downtown, homeless still flood the streets even when it's 10 degrees outside. Of course, they may be fake homeless looking for pity and handouts  like they do in Detroit. Sometimes it's hard to tell the truly homeless from the capitalists beggars who do it for a living.

6 hours ago, jerryskids said:

This is what we are fighting.  How do you fight this?  :(

This is what I keep wondering.  I was waiting for semi-normal people that vote D because they do not like Trump's style to wake up when this de-fund thing started and say "Wait this is taking things way to far".  I did not expect the masses to agree with the anarchists. 

17 hours ago, Strike said:

If one does not submit to the ideology of the party, consequences will arise....  it is unlikely that the entire area is 100% behind this, but your personal safety and well-being is on the line if you do not fall in line.

7 minutes ago, RLLD said:

If one does not submit to the ideology of the party, consequences will arise....  it is unlikely that the entire area is 100% behind this, but your personal safety and well-being is on the line if you do not fall in line.

Or if you do fall in line.....

Some of the residents do care but it's not a high income area so public officials ignore them. It's unfortunate but that's how it works. Want action it takes high dollar campaign contributions and strong voting power. They have neither. 

I live right on the edge of a very wealthy area. They don't put up with any bs around here. If the residents want something they get it swiftly or without much pushback.

4 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Some of the residents do care but it's not a high income area so public officials ignore them. It's unfortunate but that's how it works. Want action it takes high dollar campaign contributions and strong voting power. They have neither. 

I live right on the edge of a very wealthy area. They don't put up with any bs around here. If the residents want something they get it swiftly or without much pushback.

Those public officials being liberals. You left that out. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Those public officials being liberals. You left that out. 

Our mayor is a staunch liberal. He likes to run his mouth but when one of the wealthiest areas in the country have a gripe he gets on his knees to appease them. The tax revenue and his campaign money is not coming from his low income base. The poor areas get worse and worse but for whatever reason they keep voting for him which is par for the course in most major cities. The wealthy are fine with it. Just keep that rift raft where it belongs.  

16 hours ago, riversco said:

FOr you guys in fftoday, the answer is get a passport, think about moving overseas to somewhere that has a stable government.  Maybe Japan, Taiwan, the Phillipines I dunno.  

The answer is to move to a red town in a red state.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Imagine hating yourself so much you feel guilty about calling the cops on 2 armed muggers.

I'm not a liberal, so I can't.  Life must suck for those kinds of people.  Maybe they should move to a red area.

They need those real men from Fishtown up there. Not the ones who watched from their apartment. 

I would like to know what this person does for a living to be able to adopt such a laissez-faire attitude about letting people do whatever they want with their personal possessions. Whatever it is it does not involve working your ass off for something.  

9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm not a liberal, so I can't.  Life must suck for those kinds of people.  Maybe they should move to a red area.

Hell no. Getting robbed is spiritually exhilarating. It makes them feel like they are being cleansed of original sin. Let their voter registration be used in blue areas to make them wonderful.

1 hour ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Our mayor is a staunch liberal. He likes to run his mouth but when one of the wealthiest areas in the country have a gripe he gets on his knees to appease them. The tax revenue and his campaign money is not coming from his low income base. The poor areas get worse and worse but for whatever reason they keep voting for him which is par for the course in most major cities. The wealthy are fine with it. Just keep that rift raft where it belongs.  

You live in Houston or in the suburbs?

We have a republican mayor in sugar land.

i  think this is awesome. put a 100ft fence around all these zones and let them eat their own. a genderless no privilege disease & crime ridden cesspool utopia with no law and order.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Hell no. Getting robbed is spiritually exhilarating. It makes them feel like they are being cleansed of original sin. Let their voter registration be used in blue areas to make them wonderful.

Good point. :thumbsup:

I personally know Dan Crenshaw.

5 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

i  think this is awesome. put a 100ft fence around all these zones and let them eat their own. a genderless no privilege disease & crime ridden cesspool utopia with no law and order.

They have it already. They are stuck in the perpetual gurgling backed up toilet of the inner city.