Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Dems trying to make the District of Columbia a state.

What a crock of shiot.  It's the only way they can regain control of the Senate as they figure they will pick up 2 seats.  What a focking sham.  

• Like 1

This has been going on for years of them wanting it to be a state...  Wouldn't be surprised if Trump loses the White House in the fall that DC becomes a state before the next presidential election...

If it does become a state, at least Obama's 57 states comment would be come closer to the truth...

• Like 1

I want Minnesota broken into two states.  North Minnesota and Horseshit Minnesota.  The focking idiots in the Shiot Cities don't represent all of us.  :mad:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

I want Minnesota broken into two states.  North Minnesota and Horseshit Minnesota.  The focking idiots in the Shiot Cities don't represent all of us.  :mad:

If you are doing that, you have to absorb both Dakotas.  States with populations lower than Indianapolis aren't states, just large counties. 

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

If you are doing that, you have to absorb both Dakotas.  States with populations lower than Indianapolis aren't states, just large counties. 

Sounds like they're similar to Delaware.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

:first:

1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

Do the same to New York.

Good thing we have some important stuff going on in DC:

- Dems want DC to be a state

- Trump wants to repeal healthcare for millions without anything else in place in the middle of a pandemic

Let’s work on dropping SSI and Medicare too. Nothing else going on. :dunno:

2 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

Do the same to New York.

And WA.  East and West. 

4 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

2 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

Do the same to New York.

9 minutes ago, DonS said:

And WA.  East and West. 

Add California to the list. 

Although I wouldn't mind it rolling into Virginia or Maryland, DC requires a constitutional amendment so nothing is happening.

Split California in two.

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Although I wouldn't mind it rolling into Virginia or Maryland, DC requires a constitutional amendment so nothing is happening.

I do agree that the people in DC should have representation in congress. I also agree that the best way to do that would be to throw them into Maryland. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I do agree that the people in DC should have representation in congress. I also agree that the best way to do that would be to throw them into Maryland. 

Half of DC is part of our representation problem and the other half... meh. It is like Puerto Rico without the beaches. :dunno:

18 hours ago, Voltaire said:

explain more please.  i would think rolling it into MD makes sense.

On 6/26/2020 at 2:46 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

:D

On 6/26/2020 at 3:40 PM, Mike Honcho said:

Let’s change everything. Because this country is sooooo focked up, right? And effeminate liberals need to feel smart and useful, so this is what they talk about.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Good thing we have some important stuff going on in DC:

- Dems want DC to be a state

- Trump wants to repeal healthcare for millions without anything else in place in the middle of a pandemic

Let’s work on dropping SSI and Medicare too. Nothing else going on. :dunno:

Hadn’t heard about the healthcare thing. Sounds like BS, can you elaborate? 

Can't be called Washington, we already have one.  Can't be called Columbia, ummmm that'd be weird, there is a country, just spelled a bit differently due to English to Spanish.  Can we vote on a new name of this random state that was created for no good reason? 

I'll go first:

Maryginia

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Seriously, whats the reasoning behind this?  

I don't know this time exactly but the idea has been around for awhile.  their plates say taxation without representation.  

Everything that is going on from the left is a marketing campaign, trying to make it appear that things are just so screwed up in this country that radical change is the only thing that can make it better. Of course, only the left can fix this problem that doesn’t exist, so vote for them. It’s a scam and soft minded egotists fall for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Herbivore said:

explain more please.  i would think rolling it into MD makes sense.

DC doesn't run it's own affairs because the federal government was overrun by rioters in 1783 during the Articles of Confederation days and when they set up the national capitol, they didn't want it to have to deal with that sh*t. Right now we have a BLM freak as mayor who seems to be partial to the modern day rioters and vandals that want to destroy the place. The law creating the district is the next to last point under Section 8 of the Constitution.

Although Congress runs the district, since 1972, they've devolved much power to the local authorities but can take back power and disband the local government if they want to. That said, I do feel the feds did the right thing in devolving power in residential areas to local government and the people that live there should have their own representation. I say that even now when the mayor is a BLM sh*tbag or when Marion Berry was the sh*tbag mayor because it's hard to stomach citizens of the US not being represented in government. To facilitate that, one solution that makes sense is returning residential areas back to Maryland.

That said, people who choose to live in DC know that they are giving up voting rights when they move in but they are also free to leave.

--------

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings

---------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_One_of_the_United_States_Constitution#Enumerated_powers

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

DC doesn't run it's own affairs because the federal government was overrun by rioters in 1783 during the Articles of Confederation days and when they set up the national capitol, they didn't want it to have to deal with that sh*t. Right now we have a BLM freak as mayor who seems to be partial to the modern day rioters and vandals that want to destroy the place. The law creating the district is the next to last point under Section 8 of the Constitution.

Although Congress runs the district, since 1972, they've devolved much power to the local authorities but can take back power and disband the local government if they want to. That said, I do feel the feds did the right thing in devolving power in residential areas to local government and the people that live there should have their own representation. I say that even now when the mayor is a BLM sh*tbag or when Marion Berry was the sh*tbag mayor because it's hard to stomach citizens of the US not being represented in government. To facilitate that, one solution that makes sense is returning residential areas back to Maryland.

That said, people who choose to live in DC know that they are giving up voting rights when they move in but they are also free to leave.

--------

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings

---------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_One_of_the_United_States_Constitution#Enumerated_powers

I must have learned that along the way..but cool thanks..pretty much agree with all your opinions.

On 6/26/2020 at 3:40 PM, Mike Honcho said:

And what happens if more people move there in the future? Because everything stays the same all the time, right? Can they ask to be states again? Liberals don’t think things through very often. Defund  the police! 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And what happens if more people move there in the future? Because everything stays the same all the time, right? Can they ask to be states again? Liberals don’t think things through very often. Defund  the police! 

As far as I'm concerned, split them up into 5: North, South, East, West, and Central Dakota (Terms and conditions apply. Offer void in California, New York, Massachusetts, and Illinois).

7 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

As far as I'm concerned, split them up into 5: North, South, East, West, and Central Dakota (Terms and conditions apply. Offer void in California, New York, Massachusetts, and Illinois).

Should combine some of those dumbass tiny new England states as well. Mass can have Connecticut and Rhode Island. Maine can have new Hampshire and Vermont. Maryland can have Delaware. 

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Should combine some of those dumbass tiny new England states as well. Mass can have Connecticut and Rhode Island. Maine can have new Hampshire and Vermont. Maryland can have Delaware. 

Defeats the whole purpose. The purpose being the left having absolute power forever and not even having to work for it. 

I still don't understand why DC isn't a part of Maryland.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

I still don't understand why DC isn't a part of Maryland.

During the Articles of Confederation time, there were some riots in wherever the capitol was at the time and the state government was ineffective at putting them down. So when they consolidated federal power, the founders were like "fock if that sh*t'll happen again, we'll make sure the government can protect itself."

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

During the Articles of Confederation time, there were some riots in wherever the capitol was at the time and the state government was ineffective at putting them down. So when they consolidated federal power, the founders were like "fock if that sh*t'll happen again, we'll make sure the government can protect itself."

I still don't get it.

46 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I still don't get it.

I think it boils down to if the capital was in any particular state, that state would therefore have authority in certain regards over the federal government in the capital.

Probably was also partly to avoid favoring one state over another. 

All of Congress lives in DC at least part time. Many full time. Their kids have grown up there, go to school there. Their staff lives there. DC isn't becoming a State. Never. Think Baltimore. That is DC as a state. House prices in the toilet,  schools back to war zones. Congress would be voting for a cut in their own pocket. When have they ever done that?

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

All of Congress lives in DC at least part time. Many full time. Their kids have grown up there, go to school there. Their staff lives there. DC isn't becoming a State. Never. Think Baltimore. That is DC as a state. House prices in the toilet,  schools back to war zones. Congress would be voting for a cut in their own pocket. When have they ever done that?

You know better than me, I'm not local, but I thought all the DC grifters lived in Northern Virginia.

55 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

You know better than me, I'm not local, but I thought all the DC grifters lived in Northern Virginia.

Sidwell Friends, Gonzaga, St. John's,  St. Anselms, Georgetown Day, Georgetown Visitation,. These are the schools in DC that teach the elites kids. Some others in the burbs or course. Trump sends Baron to Maryland. Very few politicians or staff are sending kids to public. No one is upsetting any apple cart.

This Statehood thing is a joke. Anyone know what the name would be? 

10 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I think it boils down to if the capital was in any particular state, that state would therefore have authority in certain regards over the federal government in the capital.

Probably was also partly to avoid favoring one state over another. 

I still don't understand why the people who live in that zone can't be citizens of Maryland?

13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I still don't understand why the people who live in that zone can't be citizens of Maryland?

Because then maryland might have some authority over DC.  If that were to happen, do you honestly think the Dems in Maryland wouldn't try to find ways to craft legislation and rules to control DC?  what happens when a Democrat POTUS gets in office?  He'll do nothing to fight that.

It’s a distraction to imply that the right is unfair to a city of color. Why get into the weeds on this ? The right states that liberal cities are a mess. They are. The left counters with this distraction. They know it’s not happening, but they get to say look how the right denies us our rights. It’s marketing.