Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

If things get to radical, what country would you move to?

Far fetched I know, but today was the first time ever that the thought even entered my mind.  Due to my lineage, I could get citizenship in Germany, but I dont think thats much better.  Australia maybe?

I can't move. Too much sweat equity in my home. What I will do being an engineer is build a beautiful bunker loaded to the teeth with weapons and ceramic body armor. Bring it. I would consider it a glorious death taking out a few dozen of them. Being a former a Marine, I think I can get the kill ratio up to 30 to 1. Maybe better. They don't look all that bright from what I have seen.

Australia and Europe would be strong candidates to be unstable as well.  All of western civilization is showing signs of cracking. To avoid it, you'd have to leave western civilization. Japan is probably the best choice I would think.

Not sure how I could move outside of the US but I have been researching the most white states in the union.  Being around my own kind is the best insulation from the coming insanity.  

4 minutes ago, riversco said:

Australia and Europe would be strong candidates to be unstable as well.  All of western civilization is showing signs of cracking. To avoid it, you'd have to leave western civilization. Japan is probably the best choice I would think.

Most of the Eastern Bloc is fine and a few others throughout Europe. Who would have thought 50 years ago East Asia/Eastern Europe would be the best places in the world to live.

I would go to Norway (I have Norwegian ancestry), Hungary, Poland or somewhere else in eastern Europe.

1 hour ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I can't move. Too much sweat equity in my home. What I will do being an engineer is build a beautiful bunker loaded to the teeth with weapons and ceramic body armor. Bring it. I would consider it a glorious death taking out a few dozen of them. Being a former a Marine, I think I can get the kill ratio up to 30 to 1. Maybe better. They don't look all that bright from what I have seen.

Good plan 

for a whacko

I could get European citizenship if my dad applies for it.  His mother was born in Belgium. 

It mostly would be so my daughter would have that option.  You never know where this country would be in 17 years when she is an adult.

I'd move in with Volts and earn my keep by clapping erasers at his school.  :dunno:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mookz said:

I'd move in with Volts and earn my keep by clapping erasers at his school.  :dunno:

Crapping elasers

• Haha 1

Europe is a big no.  Europe is also getting destabilized with identity politics as migrants flood various nations.  Russia has a particularly large military buildup pointed at Europe.  I wouldn't be shocked if pockets in Europe completely destabilize before the US.  Looking at how Europe and China are building up, they probably have a contingency to blitz both Europe and North America at the same time.  From a military standpoint, it would be natural progression of war.  In WWI:  Germany blitzed a small chunk of France and captured it immediately, then it bogged down into trench warfare for years.  WW2:  Germany Blitzed ALL of Europe and took it right out to open the war, then fought with the USSR.  Then it bogged down and America swept in from another continent.  The solution therefore is the blitz STILL wasn't big enough.  So WW3 would open with Russia and China blitzing ALL of Europe and ALL of North America.

So you avoid Europe and NA if you leave the USA because those are the 2 targets.

Realize that european culture effectively died when Hitler conquered europe.  The USA established a "zombie europe" after WW2 that is more or less an American colonization of western europe.  Europe functions as the USA's colony in that it really has no military of its own since WW2, and the USA established tons of large military bases all over it.  Those bases basically protect it as a colony does.  They adopt american customs as a colony would.  They are a colony of the US in any meaningful sense.  They get erased if China / Russia invade the US.

The US props up Europes' military and culture but Europe itself has lost the will to exist decades ago. If the US goes down, they just bend the knee.

• Thanks 1

I read an article recently about the top places to retire abroad on $200k or less. I have no interest in ever moving back home again, but I would like to find a place, get a nice little house, and make my home.

The part many of you aren't factoring in is visas. Japan? Gtfo. They don't want you. 

Some didn't interest me much... Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand... No thanks. Malaysia wouldn't be bad, but it's hot as fock.

Mexico, Ecuador, Peru... Would be cheap. But who knows how stable they are. 

The ones that looked interesting to me were... 

Spain, Portugal, Slovakia, and Malta. Each has a pretty easy long term visa or residency program, cost of living isn't bad. Climate is nice. Good base for traveling about Europe.

I will have to look into those. Spain and Portugal in particular. 

Singapore is worth a look. Hungary and Poland in Europe don't seem inclined to destroy themselves as they are vaccinated against leftism. Of those, I'd prefer Hungary.

For me though, I've found a nice niche in China here, if Western Civilization does commit suicide, I'd just stay.

18 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Singapore is worth a look. Hungary and Poland in Europe don't seem inclined to destroy themselves as they are vaccinated against leftism. Of those, I'd prefer Hungary.

For me though, I've found a nice niche in China here, if Western Civilization does commit suicide, I'd just stay.

Singapore is expensive as fock, and the housing situation is horrid.

Much better off up the road in Malaysia. I hear penang is awesome and has quite the expat community. 

Mexico. Cheap cocaine and my American dollars would be eleventy billion beaner dollars. 

9 hours ago, fandandy said:

Not sure how I could move outside of the US but I have been researching the most white states in the union.  Being around my own kind is the best insulation from the coming insanity.  

I live <5 miles from the border of #4, less than 45 minutes from #1, and less than 2 hours from #2 :banana:

Cuba. Won’t be much difference soon, and it’s warm. 

Tough call, in the past I would have said Germany, it is ordered and mostly lawful, no tort law, but their policy on immigration has resulted in problems.

Maybe still Germany, but I am really in love with Italy, Umbria mostly.....

If the US falls it won’t matter where you are. I’m digging in here. 

• Haha 1

If I had to leave, Which I won't it would be for Poland or Ukraine.

I’d move in with Titans. I’m sure he’ll be cool with it since I’m not into Asian chicks. :ninja:

9 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Singapore is expensive as fock, and the housing situation is horrid.

Much better off up the road in Malaysia. I hear penang is awesome and has quite the expat community. 

Penang is nice, I've been there a few times to visit a ginormous Intel facility which probably explains the expats.

7 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

I live <5 miles from the border of #4, less than 45 minutes from #1, and less than 2 hours from #2 :banana:

Ahhh New England, that democratic bastion of liberal acceptance...

... as long as the black folks stay in Roxbury where they belong.  :thumbsup:

I ain't runnin. I'll stay here and use up all my ammo.

I'm not moving anywhere.

But for the sake of the thread if I HAD to.....

We have friends in  Zurich, Switzerland (German side).   Also have friends in Lisbon, Portugal....my family are beach / water people so that would be an option.  Probably those two.

Also, I visited Costa Rica a few months ago for work, man I could live there too. 

I'd probably just jump the border fence and head to Vancouver, BC. 

I still love the mountains, forests, ocean out here in PNW. Vancouver is a great city and would still give me access to all the concerts I would normally go to in Seattle area.  Not too far away from our son who's down in Portland.  Not sure where our daughter will end up once she graduates from UW next year, though. 

On 6/26/2020 at 9:31 PM, Fireballer said:

Far fetched I know, but today was the first time ever that the thought even entered my mind.  Due to my lineage, I could get citizenship in Germany, but I dont think thats much better.  Australia maybe?

I just more to a red city in a red state with government people strong enough to say "F You" to the Dems.

On 6/27/2020 at 3:37 PM, jerryskids said:

Ahhh New England, that democratic bastion of liberal acceptance...

... as long as the black folks stay in Roxbury where they belong.  :thumbsup:

I don't think I've ever set foot in Roxbury. However, despite my proximity to 3 of the 4 whitest states in the Union, I'm less than 5 minutes from a city of <10% white people. Talk about diversity 😲

Switzerland is my dream. Best place on earth. Magical waterfalls and lush rolling hills, clean streets and epic Mountain View’s. 

• Like 1