Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Trump pleads ignorance in American troop assassination report

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/lawmakers-want-answers-on-russia-paying-taliban-to-attack-us-troops.amp

Lawmakers on both sides the aisle in Washington want answers on new explosive reporting that a Russian spy unit paid the Taliban to attack U.S. troops stationed in Afghanistan.

The New York Times first reported that American intelligence officials have determined a Russian military unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing coalition forces, including targeting American troops. The Wall Street Journal and Washington Post also reported on the Kremlin's effort to orchestrate attacks on Western troops.

Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., called for the Senate to vote on new sanctions against Russia.

RUSSIAN SPY UNIT PAID TALIBAN TO ATTACK US TROOPS, US INTELLIGENCE SAYS

"If Trump refuses to hold Putin accountable for funding terrorism against US troops in Afghanistan, then Congress must again step up," tweeted Menendez, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Not good to see a Pres claim ignorance on this. If this was Obama it would be the top thread on here with people losing their minds

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Not good to see a Pres claim ignorance on this. If this was Obama it would be the top thread on here with people losing their minds

Anonymous sources backed up by anonymous sources who claim captured Taliban told them this. And who told Trump? You people fall for anything.  Even if it is true, doubtful, there is nothing but hearsay to base it on. You would think after all this time you lot would learn to read between the lines. 

• Haha 1

Will be interesting to see what comes of this.

My gut says that there is so much Intel about attacks they have to prioritize how many or which ones get through to brief everyone on. Possibly not credible enough? Doesnt seem like a terribly plausible scenario. 

"HE'S GONNA START WWIII!"

"WE CAN'T HAVE THE NUCLEAR CODES IN THE HANDS OF A CRAZY MAN!"

"HE'S A TYRANT AND WILL DO ANYTHING TO STAY IN POWER!"

"HE DIDN'T START WWIII!"

"HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" 

Is anybody still listening to these morons? 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

To be fair Don could claim ignorance on most topics.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

So far a typical No big deal that our soldiers have bounties on their heads from Russia. Also like I said, this would be topic numero uno if this was Obama. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

So far a typical No big deal that our soldiers have bounties on their heads from Russia. Also like I said, this would be topic numero uno if this was Obama. 

You act as if it’s a fact. Why? 

Catherine Herridge (@CBS_Herridge) Tweeted: The official confirmed the NSC has been doing “due diligence,” and going back through their files since the story broke Friday, and they have not found the “intelligence assessment” described in media reporting. The official said the review is ongoing, but given current... https://twitter.com/CBS_Herridge/status/1277329948785676290?s=20

11 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Obama was too busy sending pallets of cash to the middle east and all of our uranium to russia and working back room deals to spy on Trump and build up false documentation about Trump's dealing with russia. He was a very busy hussein.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

This post didn’t age well. Lol. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Fact

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Obama ARMED ISIS 

GFY

• Like 1

The democrats either claim Trump is evil because he will start WW3 or he is evil because he didn't start WW3. 

Trump prefers diplomacy.  Therefore, let's look to the Cuban Missile Crisis as guidance. 

In the Cuban Missile Crisis, Russia was installing nukes in Cuba.  This made everyone loses their minds.  JFK ordered a blockade of Cuba.  People worried it would start WW3.  The solution was a secret deal that was tailored for everyone to save face in public and for cooler heads to prevail.  Russia agreed to not install nukes in Cuba.  In return, the US publicly pledged to never try to invade Cuba.  But *secretly*, JFK removed all mid range nukes from Turkey as well.  Had the Turkey deal been public, it would make the US look weak.  But by doing this in private, both sides got something and saved face.  Details of the Turkey withdrawal didn't go public for years.

The reason I bring up the Cuban Missile Crisis is that Trump could be working on a secret deal to punish Russia and save face across the board.  If so, we won't hear about it for years either.

However, it must also be pointed out that Trump is actively putting new economic pressure on Russia.  Trump just pulled a bunch of troops out of Germany and placed them in Poland.  Trump said the reason for this is because Germany is cutting economic deals with Russia and doing an oil pipeline.  If Germany wants the troops to return, they need to cancel the pipeline deal. So the crappy NYT can write whatever it wants, but we know Trump is actively pursuing new economic pressures on Russia right NOW.  But that's the problem with leftist yellow journalism.  They commit lies of omission all the time.  They will tell you Trump is doing nothing about a Russia bounty scandal, but fail to mention he is actively pursuing new sanctions on Russia by pulling troops from Germany.

If Obama was president, the NYT would write that its been discovered that Russia was putting a bounty on US soldiers, and Obama was putting pressure on Germany to stop doing business with Russia in reponse.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-poland-idUSKBN23V2PP

Politics
June 24, 2020 / 10:17 AM / 5 days ago
Trump, Poland's Duda discuss sending some U.S. troops to Poland from Germany

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Polish President Andrzej Duda on Wednesday became the first foreign leader to visit U.S. President Donald Trump since the coronavirus pandemic led to global lockdowns, and the two leaders said they looked forward to signing a defense cooperation agreement.

“I think it sends a strong message to Russia,” Trump told a news conference with Duda in the White House Rose Garden, where he criticized other European countries for buying Russian energy.

Trump said he might move U.S. troops from Germany to Poland. The Republican president wants to take thousands of U.S. forces out of Germany because he says the United States bears too much of a financial burden for the deployment and criticizes the government in Berlin for buying Russian energy.

“We’re going to be reducing our forces in Germany. Some will be coming home and some will be going to other places, but Poland would be one of those other places,” Trump said at the news conference.

“Germany is paying Russia billions of dollars to purchase energy from Russia. And through the pipeline. And I’m saying what’s that all about? You’re spending billions of dollars to Russia, then we’re supposed to defend you from Russia. So I think it’s... very bad,” Trump said.

• Haha 1

The lesson here is NEVER trust the NYT.  They just committed lies of omission again with this story.

Our intel services, media and politicians on the left  stirring the pot once again. And like so much other BS, this will quickly go away, but the war of a thousand cuts on the president will have continued. Add another one. 

If someone asks you what you think of Trump's response to Russia putting a bounty on US troops, just tell them Trump is actively seeking sanctions of Russia and held a huge presser last week announcing that he is pulling troops from Germany to punish Germany for doing a huge pipeline deal with Russia.  I'm sure 99% of democrats are oblivious to that.  You might also tell them to stop reading the NYT because they refuse to report that.

The Taliban doesn't work like that as money being a motivator. Most of them live in dirt houses and their idealogy is they are going to attack the West regardless of money. Hell, when I was there they were making bombs from their fermented crops and used lamp wire. No money required. They were actually making bombs from our trash piles so in a sense, we were giving them the tools to attack us. 

What’s Russia’s motive for this? 

The Taliban attack way more local officials and civilians than anyone else. Not even close. Is Russia also paying for those attacks. I had to read those intel reports daily. Most of it was garbage and disinfo. I honestly never got anything of value out of them. The locals also love to talk s!@# and makeup bs to confuse you or set you up. I never listened to them. I would also feed them bs. Tell them what I was doing but then do the exact opposite and constantly changed my routes on the fly. Several times they setup ambushes with bs info I gave them. This report sounds like somebody took the bait and ran with it.

37 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What’s Russia’s motive for this? 

Hoping to pressure trump into being more flexible after the election and maybe selling them the rest of our uranium. 

20 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

You've been had. Again.

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

You've been had. Again.

Yeah well it was enough to get senators on both sides of the isle and fox News to look into it. 

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yeah well it was enough to get senators on both sides of the isle and fox News to look into it. 

But YOU were had.  Again. Stop doing that. You have to combine the reading with the thinking.  HTH. 

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The issue was with the assertion was that this is all Trump's fault, not that there's a problem.  Clearly, the issue was on the Intel side and the information not making it's way to the WH.  That's not the President's fault.

Look at you using the life of American soldiers to make a cheap point. Disgusting. 

Where would this post be if Obama had fought to bring American jobs back to America? Nowhere, because his didn’t, Mr. Union man. 

The fake NASCAR noose hoax lasted longer than this latest Russia hoax. Didn’t even make it until the end of the week.  

Pentagon says no evidence of this. The left are pure scum. I’m sure it will be the lead on the news tonight on CNN and MessNBC 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2020 at 3:47 PM, Utilit99 said:

Obama was too busy sending pallets of cash to the middle east and all of our uranium to russia and working back room deals to spy on Trump and build up false documentation about Trump's dealing with russia. He was a very busy hussein.

And pillows to Ukraine freedom fighters.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Pentagon says no evidence of this. The left are pure scum. I’m sure it will be the lead on the news tonight on CNN and MessNBC 

100%

On 6/28/2020 at 3:30 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

Back in 2008, there was a thing called “night posters” in Afghanistan.  They’d pin posters of you with the appropriate bounty, dead or alive.  It’s nothing new

I'm shocked, completely shocked the New York Times, Washington Post and CNN were wrong.  This is becoming comical.  :lol:

U.S. intelligence agencies aren’t particularly confident that Russia offered money to the Taliban for the killing of U.S. troops deployed to Afghanistan, a story that rocked the military and intelligence communities last summer.  

The Trump administration consistently downplayed the issue, based on a June report from the New York Times. Then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper told lawmakers during a hearing in July that those reporters were not corroborated.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2021/04/15/there-may-not-have-been-russian-bounties-on-us-troops-in-afghanistan-after-all/

Great example of how one news organization cites another new organization's story as its basis for reporting.  You cannot trust anything these people say.  

On 6/28/2020 at 4:37 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

You act as if it’s a fact. Why? 

On 6/29/2020 at 8:38 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Our intel services, media and politicians on the left  stirring the pot once again. And like so much other BS, this will quickly go away, but the war of a thousand cuts on the president will have continued. Add another one. 

On 7/3/2020 at 5:12 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

The fake NASCAR noose hoax lasted longer than this latest Russia hoax. Didn’t even make it until the end of the week.  

On 9/15/2020 at 7:02 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Somebody nailed this...

On 6/28/2020 at 4:30 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

I’m sorry but this is just flat out bullsh1t. No where has this ever happened or even had a hint of it being true. This is just lies spread here in America cause downrange this Sh1t would get laughed at and get you punched in the face bro