Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Zeke is low-key faded....

Recommended Posts

We all can probably use a little humor, and this one is pretty funny. Apparently Zeke was high as a kite, and forgot that he was still live-streaming.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha!

I don't think anyone is ever gonna accuse Zeke of being a rocket scientist! The League doesn't punish for weed any more, so it's all for laughs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Haha!

I don't think anyone is ever gonna accuse Zeke of being a rocket scientist! The League doesn't punish for weed any more, so it's all for laughs

He actually has the highest wonderlic score for a rb of all time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should thank God he's good at football. Cause he would have no other chance in life otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

He actually has the highest wonderlic score for a rb of all time

Yet he's known for making boneheaded mistakes. 🤣

Don't get me wrong, I love Zeke, probably my favorite player, but he has some growing up to do. Maybe he just smokes too much weed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

He actually has the highest wonderlic score for a rb of all time

I know a girl who graduated H.S. with a 5.0 gpa, perfect score on her SAT's and ACT's and a 4.0 gpa in college... and she's a freaking idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing grades are often tied to misfiring social skills. I value wit more than anything. Can't teach it or learn it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Amazing grades are often tied to misfiring social skills. I value wit more than anything. Can't teach it or learn it. 

Yup.  Being able to memorize information to take a test isn't as important as being able to take information learned and applying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once I was on a military convoy. The bridge was too low for us to pass. The smartest guy planned out a new route that would have taken hours. The dumbest guy said just let some air out of the tires. We let the air out and presto. That sort of stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Once I was on a military convoy. The bridge was too low for us to pass. The smartest guy planned out a new route that would have taken hours. The dumbest guy said just let some air out of the tires. We let the air out and presto. That sort of stuff.

So you were within like half an inch of making it in the first place?

And there was no variation in the height of the bridge from one side to the other?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

So you were within like half an inch of making it in the first place?

And there was no variation in the height of the bridge from one side to the other?

Come on man, this is a military 18 wheeler loaded down with a massive HYEX crane. It can't manuever off the hardball. It was way more than a half an inch. We let probably 60% of the air out of 18 wheeler tires. They HYEX had tracks. We still slightly scraped it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2020 at 11:30 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

I know a girl who graduated H.S. with a 5.0 gpa, perfect score on her SAT's and ACT's and a 4.0 gpa in college... and she's a freaking idiot.

I think we all know or have met someone like that.  

Book smart isnt the same as real life smart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I think we all know or have met someone like that.  

Book smart isnt the same as real life smart.

Exactly.  I think that's what people are referring too when they say "Elliott has never accused of being smart".  I mean, we have a number of examples to point to, in social settings where you say, "what and idiot".  The fact that he scored well on a test or got good grades in college, is irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Exactly.  I think that's what people are referring too when they say "Elliott has never accused of being smart".  I mean, we have a number of examples to point to, in social settings where you say, "what and idiot".  The fact that he scored well on a test or got good grades in college, is irrelevant.

Totally true.  

all Zeke needs to be is football smart.

Apparently he has those kind of smarts in spades.

so long as his off the field stupidity does not get him suspended hes good to have on your team. 

This is probably the reason he will never be a number 1 overall pick in the NFL.   Risk of getting suspended due to off field stupidity is too high.

But I'd still want him on my fantasy team regardless of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Totally true.  

all Zeke needs to be is football smart.

Apparently he has those kind of smarts in spades.

so long as his off the field stupidity does not get him suspended hes good to have on your team. 

This is probably the reason he will never be a number 1 overall pick in the NFL.   Risk of getting suspended due to off field stupidity is too high.

But I'd still want him on my fantasy team regardless of this.

Nailed it. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2020 at 6:26 PM, Ray_T said:

Totally true.  

all Zeke needs to be is football smart.

Apparently he has those kind of smarts in spades.

so long as his off the field stupidity does not get him suspended hes good to have on your team. 

This is probably the reason he will never be a number 1 overall pick in the NFL.   Risk of getting suspended due to off field stupidity is too high.

But I'd still want him on my fantasy team regardless of this.

I don't know, every player comes with risks. He's never missed game due to injury, not many RBs can say that? The one suspension he did get was very questionable due to the circumstances. He makes Homer Simpson type blunders, not really the type that get him in big trouble. I think he's about as reliable to be on the field as you can get with a RB.

I think the only thing that's keeping him from being the #1 pick is Christian McCaffrey is coming off a historic season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s my number one pick, because of the historical season Mccaffery just had, no one can repeat that season, no rb is more sold as a number pick then the Zeke.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea those huge years very rarely get repeated. I was saying last year that Mahomes wouldn’t even hit 35tds. Even without his couple missed games he wasn’t getting there. CMC and Lamar will both take steps back this season. Zeke might not be the top scoring RB but he comes close and is hugely consistent and durable and that’s what you need from a 1st pick. Just hope the Rona doesn’t ruin his conditioning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Yea those huge years very rarely get repeated. I was saying last year that Mahomes wouldn’t even hit 35tds. Even without his couple missed games he wasn’t getting there. CMC and Lamar will both take steps back this season. Zeke might not be the top scoring RB but he comes close and is hugely consistent and durable and that’s what you need from a 1st pick. Just hope the Rona doesn’t ruin his conditioning.

In Mahomes' first 6 games (prior to the injury, he was on pace for a 37 TD / 3 Int season.  He had 14 TD's with 1 Int and was averaging over 24 fpg.  Had it not been for the monster year that Lamar had, Mahomes again would likely have been the QB1 - barring injury.  Of course, injuries are a part of the game, but I think it's a fools errand to try and project injuries.

I only really say that to simply point out that just because someone has a monster year, it doesn't mean they still can't have a down year and still be the best at his position.  With McCaffrey, he scored 150 points more than the RB2 in standard PPR scoring leagues.  McCaffrey could score 100 less points in 2020, which would put him at 371 points, and still could be the RB1 next year.  Going back to 2012, only 6 RB's score more than 371 points in a season... and 3 of them were in 2018.

If McCaffrey averages 5 fpg less in 2020 (80 points), and every other RB goes up 3, McCaffrey's average will drop to 24.5 and the highest average other than him, would be Dalvin Cook at 24.2, still making McCaffrey RB1.

I think people get too carried away on both ends of the spectrum.  You have a the "Oh he'll never do it again, I'm fading him", and you'll have "Do I take him #1!"  Last year you saw a lot of both with Mahomes.  Really, barring the injury and the out of nowhere season from Jackson (both things... no one ever predicted), he would likely have been the QB1.  Still doesn't mean he should have been the #1 pick though.  This year, it's about McCaffrey not being able to produce like he did last year.  I'll say the same thing about him this year that I've already stated... and what I said about Mahomes last year.  He doesn't have to perform at the same level to get the same net results.  Meaning, they don't need to have monster seasons to still be the top player in their position.

From a fantasy football perspective, Elliott has averaged 21 fpg over his 4 years.  McCaffrey has averaged 26.5 over the last 2 years.  Now, we know McCafferey average 29.5 last year, so that means he averaged 23.5 in 2018.  If you're of the mindset that Elliott will outscore McCaffrey, you will have to go against statistical evidence.  Elliott is likely to be around 20 to 22 fpg and McCaffrey around 23 to 25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they hit those avg, taking Mccaffery as the over all number one pick is a great pick, but so is someone like the Zeke. 

I taking the Zeke, just simply based on comfort.  

I like his team better and either one should be, if they hit those avg , worth a over all number one pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, both those guys are fine I’ll just take a gamble on the one who didn’t accrue 400 touches that sometimes leads to falling off a cliff the next season. Too much math is dangerous in FF. No one cares if “they only average 3 ppg less than last year subtract the hypotenuse then divide by the square root of pi which means he is guaranteed to have x divided by triangle points this season!”. It’s the nfl, wacky stuff happens, Magic seasons usually don’t repeat. See Saquon, Mahomes, a million others. Someone else will be the top RB and Zeke is as good a bet as any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Yes, both those guys are fine I’ll just take a gamble on the one who didn’t accrue 400 touches that sometimes leads to falling off a cliff the next season. Too much math is dangerous in FF. No one cares if “they only average 3 ppg less than last year subtract the hypotenuse then divide by the square root of pi which means he is guaranteed to have x divided by triangle points this season!”. It’s the nfl, wacky stuff happens, Magic seasons usually don’t repeat. See Saquon, Mahomes, a million others. Someone else will be the top RB and Zeke is as good a bet as any.

It could easily happen.

Is it unreasonable to think Zeke gets something like,  300 rushes for 1400 yds and 13 TDs, to go along with 60 rec for 450 yds and another 3 TDs? I don't think it is.

Is it unreasonable to think that would make him the best fantasy RB? I don't think so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, polecatt said:

It could easily happen.

Is it unreasonable to think Zeke gets something like,  300 rushes for 1400 yds and 13 TDs, to go along with 60 rec for 450 yds and another 3 TDs? I don't think it is.

Is it unreasonable to think that would make him the best fantasy RB? I don't think so

I think it's more unreasonable to expect a player 4 years into a career, who's been the bell cow, and never averaged over 22 fpg, to all of a sudden average 24.  I also think it's more unreasonable to expect a player 3 years into his career, where he was the bell cow for only the last 2, to not get at least 23 fpg when he's done it two years in a row.

I'm not buying the 400 touch stigma on a guy who's only 24 years old.  If he were 27 or 28, sure.  But not 24.

Also, Elliott averaged 21 rush attempts per game, McCaffrey averaged 16 per game the last 2 years.  Mileage on rush attempts leads to more wear and tear than pass receptions.  If I have the #1 pick, I'm taking McCaffrey.  If I have the #2 pick, and McCaffrey is gone, I'm taking Elliott.  I'm not knocking Elliott to say he stinks, just that he's not the safer option.

The most likely scenario is that McCaffrey continues to average around 24 fgp and Elliott around 21.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there both safe options , it just comes down to ones own feelings about it.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

  If I have the #1 pick, I'm taking McCaffrey.  If I have the #2 pick, and McCaffrey is gone, I'm taking Elliott.  I'm not knocking Elliott to say he stinks, just that he's not the safer option.

The most likely scenario is that McCaffrey continues to average around 24 fgp and Elliott around 21.

I’m fine with both those scenarios. I’ll take the shares of the better offense overall and if we are debating between no brainer top 3-4 picks then it’s splitting hairs and we can all have a drink and pray our guys dont get injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think it's more unreasonable to expect a player 4 years into a career, who's been the bell cow, and never averaged over 22 fpg, to all of a sudden average 24.  I also think it's more unreasonable to expect a player 3 years into his career, where he was the bell cow for only the last 2, to not get at least 23 fpg when he's done it two years in a row.

I'm not buying the 400 touch stigma on a guy who's only 24 years old.  If he were 27 or 28, sure.  But not 24.

Also, Elliott averaged 21 rush attempts per game, McCaffrey averaged 16 per game the last 2 years.  Mileage on rush attempts leads to more wear and tear than pass receptions.  If I have the #1 pick, I'm taking McCaffrey.  If I have the #2 pick, and McCaffrey is gone, I'm taking Elliott.  I'm not knocking Elliott to say he stinks, just that he's not the safer option.

The most likely scenario is that McCaffrey continues to average around 24 fgp and Elliott around 21.

I think that it showed in Mccaffery rushing stats in the second half of last season, he didn’t have a 100 yard rushing game in his last 6 games, if he can still perform in the passing game he should be worthy of a over all number one pick by some. 

I think it’s pretty easy to rank Mccaffery one and two, based on ones own feelings is how one would rank them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think it's more unreasonable to expect a player 4 years into a career, who's been the bell cow, and never averaged over 22 fpg, to all of a sudden average 24.  I also think it's more unreasonable to expect a player 3 years into his career, where he was the bell cow for only the last 2, to not get at least 23 fpg when he's done it two years in a row.

I'm not buying the 400 touch stigma on a guy who's only 24 years old.  If he were 27 or 28, sure.  But not 24.

Also, Elliott averaged 21 rush attempts per game, McCaffrey averaged 16 per game the last 2 years.  Mileage on rush attempts leads to more wear and tear than pass receptions.  If I have the #1 pick, I'm taking McCaffrey.  If I have the #2 pick, and McCaffrey is gone, I'm taking Elliott.  I'm not knocking Elliott to say he stinks, just that he's not the safer option.

The most likely scenario is that McCaffrey continues to average around 24 fgp and Elliott around 21.

Perhaps, I think McCaffrey is almost certainly going to fall a bit this year though, just because he almost has to.

McCaffrey is still the top RB, but then I say it's Zeke. I don't think it's a shock if either ends up being the top RB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think it’s pretty easy to rank Mccaffery one and two, based on ones own feelings is how one would rank them. 

lol

There's that wacky ranking system of yours again.  Well, I guess if two players scoring the same amount of points count as one player, then one player can count as the first two picks, depending of course upon one's feelings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

lol

There's that wacky ranking system of yours again.  Well, I guess if two players scoring the same amount of points count as one player, then one player can count as the first two picks, depending of course upon one's feelings.

So you don’t see Mccaffery as either the overall first or second pick? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So you don’t see Mccaffery as either the overall first or second pick? 

Who do you have as #3, Zeke?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Who do you have as #3, Zeke?

Don’t answer a question with a question, so do you think Mccaffery is worthy of the overall first or second pick? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Don’t answer a question with a question, so do you think Mccaffery is worthy of the overall first or second pick? 

Who do you have as #3, Zeke?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Who do you have as #3, Zeke?

He says all the time that he would take Zeke first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, polecatt said:

He says all the time that he would take Zeke first

Nope, he's got McCaffrey as #1 and #2.

14 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think it’s pretty easy to rank Mccaffery one and two...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have it Zeke, Barkely, Mccaffery non ppr. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's fair. McCaffrey gets his bump based on receptions.  If they don't count, I definitely would put him after Elliott and Barkley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×