Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

What would happen if for 1 month, the liberal media reported the true news from a true centrist point of view?

They report both sides of the news. Objectively. Just for the month of August, 2020. My guess is Trump would win with about 75% of the vote. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Centrists hate Trump just see cuck's posts. :lol:

Ha! 

Phrases like "mostly peaceful protests" would fall out of favor.  Words like "looters" and "rioters" would fall into favor.  You know, truth and stuff.  :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

They report both sides of the news. Objectively. Just for the month of August, 2020. My guess is Trump would win with about 75% of the vote. 

What if every liberal voter had to watch this video with their kids, and, then explain to their kids and grandparents why the woman in the video is wrong and why they as the parent, are okay with being on the "opposite side" of this chick, and why its okay to loot, etc.  (because liberals disagree with this woman---and why do they disagree? Because it supports Trump.)

Most liberals would put a bullet in their own parents or own children's head before they would "go along with" something Trump said, even if "on the inside" they agreed with the right.  It's all about toeing the party line for them. 

https://www.facebook.com/PresidentDonaldTrumpFanPage/videos/205919897239679/

My wife decided a while back that she likes "ABC World News Tonight with David Muir" and DVRs it and watches it most nights.    So I have to watch it too when I am hanging out with her.     It's been an education.    I cannot believe how slanted against the Trump admin and repubs in general it is.    How slanted it is in general.    It's more about what they don't say than what they do.   As example, if they do a story about Bill Barr they never mention or acknowledge that there are serious issues with how the FISA stuff was handled, the Flynn case, etc.    It's all just; "in a move that has many legal professionals in an uproar, today Attny Gernal Barr moved to . . . ."  and then they don't even reference that there is another school of thought that says that Barr's actions are entirely justified by the  maleficence that he has uncovered.    

I find myself making comments after almost every segment pointing out to my wife the things that weren't mentioned or addressed in the story.    I wasn't really a big "fake news/the media is biased" kind of guy.    But after seeing it because of my wife's tastes in news shows, I have to say I am a convert now. 

• Like 1

My wife is a staunch liberal, and we do not always agree on political factors.....lately, she has looked at the Democrats/Liberals with disgust, its a startling transformation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RLLD said:

My wife is a staunch liberal, and we do not always agree on political factors.....lately, she has looked at the Democrats/Liberals with disgust, its a startling transformation.

While she is not a staunch liberal, same here. She is a liberal to a point, or claims to be. Love watching her disdain with what is going on in the USA

1 minute ago, edjr said:

While she is not a staunch liberal, same here. She is a liberal to a point, or claims to be. Love watching her disdain with what is going on in the USA

Mine has been defending much over the last few months, and was a little defensive about it all, within the last three weeks, MAJOR shift.......she really dislikes guns, but does not give me grief about my collection.....she asked me if I felt like I had enough rounds......and then told me she was calling around to see where we could get more....I am like.....HHHOOOOLLLLLLYY SHITTTTTT

Honestly, in this day in age, I don't think I could possibly date a liberal.  Thank god my gf is Republican.

• Like 1

What would happen if Foxnews was centrist?  people would stop watching

• Confused 1

My wife is more conservative than me, I don't think I could be with a woman who supports today's version of what it means to be a liberal.  

16 minutes ago, edjr said:

I think this is also true, our net outcome from the Obama-era divisiveness is that we no longer talk to each other.

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

I don't think that's true.  I think a some of Fox News' content is too far right.  I know a lot of people feel that way.  We all still watch it though.  We know when they go too far.  Liberals don't know when they go too far.  In fact, I don't think they believe they can go too far left.

42 minutes ago, edjr said:

Plenty of centrists and liberals on Fox News. Don’t believe the hype. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think this is also true, our net outcome from the Obama-era divisiveness is that we no longer talk to each other.

I agree with your Obama-era comment.  The problem is that the Left has made it so that it's in the Right's best interest to not talk.  Any time you disagree with a Democrats' stance, it's because you're either a white supremacist, racist, etc.

5 hours ago, Reality said:

My wife is more conservative than me, I don't think I could be with a woman who supports today's version of what it means to be a liberal.  

I think you posted a pic of the two of you once, too, and she was just an incredible dish.  🤤

5 hours ago, RLLD said:

Personally, I think it started in the Bush (W not H) admin.    That's when I first heard "normal" people saying things like "Bush is a war criminal" and stuff like that.   It was then I started to think "wow, that's pretty harsh.  I am surprised to hear {fill in the blank with a name} say that" after my more liberal friends and family would make a comment.    It was surprising because it wasn't that long after 9/11 that it started to turn.    About a year after it, I started to hear stuff that I couldn't believe.    My own family are life-long Massachusetts moon-bat libs.    But it wasn't unil around 2002-2003 that I started to hear them say stuff that made me stop and go "what???".

Although I could also probably make the case that during the Clinton admin things started to get bad.    Monica, Paula Jones, Whitewater, etc. made some of my right-leaning friends go off the deep end.    But I don't remember them getting as blood-thirsty as the libs do these days.   

But as far as a matter of "when did it start getting really bad" I would say sometime around Clinton  2nd term/Bush 1st term was when it started to get ugly.      

If Biden wins, we may find out. depends how truly insane they really are. Currently everything they make up is simply targeted at Trump.

5 minutes ago, lod001 said:

If Biden wins, we may find out. depends how truly insane they really are. Currently everything they make up is simply targeted at Trump.

Open borders and free healthcare for illegals isn’t insane to them anymore. That’s happening.  

1 hour ago, Mookz said:

I think you posted a pic of the two of you once, too, and she was just an incredible dish.  🤤

She's still getting it done at 44, I'm a lucky man.

• Thanks 1