Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

How many people will get shot on the 4th of July weekend in Chicago this year?

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Because there are cities with worse statistics.  I just notice that Chicago always gets picked on the most for some reason.  Detroit and Baltimore are just as bad but rarely get brought up?

Maybe Chicago puts out more consistent day to day stats. Maybe thoses smaller cities are running low on players.

Chicago is definitely smoking players at a faster clip than Baltimore in 2020

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Because there are cities with worse statistics.  I just notice that Chicago always gets picked on the most for some reason.  Detroit and Baltimore are just as bad but rarely get brought up?

OK

3 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Y'all are some sick people.

At least we're talking about it. No one on the left wants to. Those are the sick people.

Similar to them taking over Seattle, I'm appropriating this website and renaming it to FirearmFatalitiesToday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Hate the game, not the playa.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

The whole focking country is going nuts over ONE guy getting killed by cops, while no one talks about Chicago.  But WE are the SICK ones because we joke about this hypocrisy?  GTFOOH.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

The whole focking country is going nuts over ONE guy getting killed by cops, while no one talks about Chicago.  But WE are the SICK ones because we joke about this hypocrisy?  GTFOOH.

I think it was in 2018 there were 16,400+ actual murders in this country and people want to riot over one cop. Thousands of those murders were black people shooting black people. Systemic fvcking white racism my ass.

• Thanks 1

how many people will turn their hand into an oven mitt, ala JPP

1 minute ago, Reality said:

And that's mostly all on the south and west sides, so know where all the crime is. And it will never go away without extreme measures. The rest of the city keeps their % numbers lower vs. other cities like that shlthole St. Louis that is 3x the rate per 100,000 than Chicago. 

But government doesn't allow extreme measures to clean things up because it's racist to try to stop all the killing.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Typical lib. Cares more about some words than people actually being slaughtered.  You did your daily finger point. Now what? 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why all the focus always on Chicago?  What about cities like St. Louis and Boston?  There are plenty of other cities that have high shooting rates as well.

I can see why you said St Louis. But Boston is not one of the top murder cities by any metric. 

This is one of the latest top 10 per capita murder lists I could find:

1. St Louis

2. Baltimore

3. Jackson, MS

4. Birmingham, AL

5. Detroit

6. New Orleans

7. Baton Rouge

8. Memphis

9. Kansas City

10. Newark

10 minutes ago, mighty_thor said:

I can see why you said St Louis. But Boston is not one of the top murder cities by any metric. 

1. St Louis

2. Baltimore

3. Jackson, MS

4. Birmingham, AL

5. Detroit

6. New Orleans

7. Baton Rouge

8. Memphis

9. Kansas City

10. Newark

If you only take in the south and west sides of Chicago, which is a pretty big area, they would be right up there.

10 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

If you only take in the south and west sides of Chicago, which is a pretty big area, they would be right up there.

When I tried to do a search of the most murderous neighborhoods, Chicago neighborhoods did not show up. Baltimore dominated the list of most dangerous neighborhoods with 4 in the top 10:

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/25-most-dangerous-neighborhoods

The South Side of Chicago is not all bad. The West side is worse.  

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Detroit has seen a 50% increase from last year

59 minutes ago, mighty_thor said:

1. St Louis

2. Baltimore

3. Jackson, MS

4. Birmingham, AL

5. Detroit

6. New Orleans

7. Baton Rouge

8. Memphis

9. Kansas City

10. Newark

You're right.  I was going off the top of my head and for some reason thought of Boston.  I meant Baltimore.  I knew it started with a B though.

15 minutes ago, mighty_thor said:

When I tried to do a search of the most murderous neighborhoods, Chicago neighborhoods did not show up. Baltimore dominated the list of most dangerous neighborhoods with 4 in the top 10:

Yet Chicago gets all of the attention.  Probably because it's all the media talks about.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yet Chicago gets all of the attention.  Probably because it's all the media talks about.

It’s the second biggest city in the country. Why wouldn’t it? 

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Chicago has been the poster child for senseless black on black violence and murder for a long time.  Just because other cities, mostly run by Democrats, are vying for the crown doesn't make discussing Chicago any less worthy.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Chicago has been the poster child for senseless black on black violence and murder for a long time.  Just because other cities, mostly run by Democrats, are vying for the crown doesn't make discussing Chicago any less worthy.

I didn't say it wasn't worthy, was just curious why it's always the main focus when it's not even the worst.  It's as if people either have a bias towards Chicago or just like to repeat what they hear from the media.

26 minutes ago, mighty_thor said:

This is not a definitive list. You can look.at other lists that have different neighborhoods. It doesn't really matter, they are all dangerous. And the south side of Chicago has pockets of decent areas, but that's not the whole story.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I didn't say it wasn't worthy, was just curious why it's always the main focus when it's not even the worst.  It's as if people either have a bias towards Chicago or just like to repeat what they hear from the media.

They have the most. It’s just that simple sometimes. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What's the difference? Last I checked there have been tons of shootings in Chicago. Also last I checked, you have the ability to post your own threads about the crime in the cities you have experience with.

Baltimore is somewhat nice around the harbor. Really don't want to venture to far away from it. Actually don't leave that area.  

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

What's the difference? Last I checked there have been tons of shootings in Chicago. Also last I checked, you have the ability to post your own threads about the crime in the cities you have experience with.

No need to get so defensive.  You guys are so quick to get upset whenever someone brings up something you don't like or agree with.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Typical lib. Cares more about some words than people actually being slaughtered.  You did your daily finger point. Now what? 

They project 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

No need to get so defensive.  You guys are so quick to get upset whenever someone brings up something you don't like or agree with.

Not defensive in the least but I thought after you posted your input once that was enough but you keep reposting it. I'm not sure why. 

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The last couple of years Chicago murders have been coming down pretty significantly. But this year could wipe it all out. The concern is the stupid idea of defunding the police or even cutting back at all. Talk about empowering the gangs. 

3 minutes ago, mighty_thor said:

The last couple of years Chicago murders have been coming down pretty significantly. But this year could wipe it all out. The concern is the stupid idea of defunding the police or even cutting back at all. Talk about empowering the gangs. 

I think the defunding police idea is pretty dumb.  I agree with you guys on that.

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

At least we're talking about it. No one on the left wants to. Those are the sick people.

Similar to like them taking over Seattle, I'm appropriating this website and renaming it to FirearmFatalitiesToday.

Absofuckinglutely.  :pointstosky:

14 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

It's not that they are terrible shots. It's that they use cheap guns.  All .22s. .25s and .380s.   Not killing caliber. Wounding caliber. 

I'd say it's more the fact that the medical professionals in Chicago have gotten so good at treating GSW's that they're able to save people who otherwise wouldn't have made it. 

11 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I'd say it's more the fact that the medical professionals in Chicago have gotten so good at treating GSW's that they're able to save people who otherwise wouldn't have made it. 

Defund medical professionals! :mad:

It"s racist to save the lives of those who black people want dead, damnit.

This would be a wonderful weekend for cops in democratic run states to go on strike. Thursday thru Monday. 5 days. 

Let's see the change in the polls at the end of next week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why all the focus always on Chicago?  What about cities like St. Louis and Boston?  There are plenty of other cities that have high shooting rates as well.

In Boston there will be 18 shootings and 1 death.

10 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

In Boston there will be 18 shootings and 1 death.

I think you made him very happy with that prediction. Finally not Chicago. But don't leave out that Boston's board of somebodies just voted to bring down a statue of Lincoln.

Isn’t it interesting that the party of slavery, Jim Crow, planned parenthood, and criminalization of black men.....pulls back police....the main obstacle to blacks murdering each other in large numbers?

i mean, could they make this ANY more obvious??

Such a racist question.  So ignorant,  we know those black lives don't matter.