Big Guy

🎶 SONGS ( you hate )

Please mention one or many songs you hate and don't ever want to hear again.

I'll start with a few.....

"Shock The Monkey" ~ Peter Gabriel

"Devil Inside" ~ INXS

"Gimme Three Steps" ~ Lynard Skynard

I don't listen to music I hate. That said, I hate all rap songs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Rooster - Alice in chains

I'll see your sucky Rooster and raise you Black Hole Sun. Total grunge rock crappiness.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I'll see your sucky Rooster and raise you Black Hole Sun. Total grunge rock crappiness.

Yes!! Totally agree!! Hate that song almost as much

Actually, I might actually hate black hole sun more

Anything by Led Zeppelin or U2...

"Hey Jude" - The Beatles

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

I met Chris Cornell once.  Never knew who he was.  My cousin played in a band back in a day, played heavy metal music.  I was like 12 or something at the time, and we went to go see my cousin play.  He wasn't with Soundgarden at the time.  I don't remember the band he was with though... something about a dog.  Sorry, as I've stated in the past, music and I are not friends.  I'm sure someone here knows what band Cornell was with in 1992.

Anyway, I remember him asking me if I liked the music and I told him no.  Thought it was just loud noise.  He asked why I came, and I told him that I was there to support my cousin... even though I thought his music was just loud noise.  He ended up talking to us 6 (6 of us, my cousin in the band and a fellow band member, 2 other cousins of mine, my brother and me), for over 2 hours.  He was really cool to hang out with.

6 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I'm a fan of Peter Cetera.  The first time I ever heard of Paul Anka was when he did a duet with Peter Cetera, back in '02.  I assumed Anka was new.  I know I'm not breaking news, but... he wasn't.

12 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I met Chris Cornell once.  Never knew who he was.  My cousin played in a band back in a day, played heavy metal music.  I was like 12 or something at the time, and we went to go see my cousin play.  He wasn't with Soundgarden at the time.  I don't remember the band he was with though... something about a dog.  Sorry, as I've stated in the past, music and I are not friends.  I'm sure someone here knows what band Cornell was with in 1992.

Anyway, I remember him asking me if I liked the music and I told him no.  Thought it was just loud noise.  He asked why I came, and I told him that I was there to support my cousin... even though I thought his music was just loud noise.  He ended up talking to us 6 (6 of us, my cousin in the band and a fellow band member, 2 other cousins of mine, my brother and me), for over 2 hours.  He was really cool to hang out with.

I like Cornell and he was really coming on strong when he died.  Funny that Black Hole Sun, which I have thought was garbage from the first second I heard it, was, without question,  their most commercially successful song.  Probably a reason why he had such dissatisfaction with life.

8 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I like Cornell and he was really coming on strong when he died.  Funny that Black Hole Sun, which I have thought was garbage from the first second I heard it, was, without question,  their most commercially successful song.  Probably a reason why he had such dissatisfaction with life.

I actually liked that song.  Another little story about Chris Cornell and that song.  My cousin mailed me a package back in '94.  When I opened it up, there was a little box with a note on it.  The note said: 

"In 3 weeks, this will able available to the public.  Give it a listen, hopefully you don't think this just loud noise."  - Chris Cornell

In that box was the Superunknown CD.

He actually remembered the time we hung out and gave the CD to my cousin to mail to me.  I thought that was pretty cool.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't remember the band he was with though... something about a dog. 

Temple of the Dog?

Just now, posty said:

Temple of the Dog?

Could be.  It was 1992.  I didn't like that music.  I was 12.  :dunno:

26 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I actually liked that song.  Another little story about Chris Cornell and that song.  My cousin mailed me a package back in '94.  When I opened it up, there was a little box with a note on it.  The note said: 

"In 3 weeks, this will able available to the public.  Give it a listen, hopefully you don't think this just loud noise."  - Chris Cornell

In that box was the Superunknown CD.

He actually remembered the time we hung out and gave the CD to my cousin to mail to me.  I thought that was pretty cool.

If you fingered him that would be a better story. 

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

I really hate Benny and the jets. Love almost everything else he does.

Crocodile Rock is worse

• Like 1

Hooked On A Feeling - the Blue Suede version. It absolutely ruins the reservoir dogs soundtrack.  You know it sucks when someone says "I like the BJ Thomas version better" :lol:

4 hours ago, tanatastic said:

I really hate Benny and the jets. Love almost everything else he does.

I like the 1st half of the song, but hate the second half.......it goes on and on

10 hours ago, Big Guy said:

I like the 1st half of the song, but hate the second half.......it goes on and on

Reminds me of the original version of Layla

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If you fingered him that would be a better story. 

No, sorry, that didn't happen.  😁

14 hours ago, Big Guy said:

B-b-b-Benny, Benny, Benny, Benny and the Jets.  I also hate how he draws out the end of Jets:  Jetssssssss

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Drizzay said:

Hooked On A Feeling - the Blue Suede version. It absolutely ruins the reservoir dogs soundtrack.  You know it sucks when someone says "I like the BJ Thomas version better" :lol:

How about "The Hoff's" version?

7 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Reminds me of the original version of Layla

exactly!!!