Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Why do people keep looking at beaches during the "Pandemic"?

Every night on the news, all over social media, people posting or showing pictures of people on the beach.  I don't get it, you are outside, in the sun, not really all over anyone else other than the people you are there with.  

I would understand indoor concerts, a packed bar, etc.  

But why close beaches and parks?  Dumb.

People SHOULD get outside!  Much easier to social distance and its good for the mind and soul.  People cannot sit at home all day everyday, that's bad for your health too. 

Because that is where people are having fun and the D's need hopelessness and dispair in order to have any shot at beating Trump. They want to claim these people are all spreading the virus. They want the country shut down until they win

• Thanks 2

No problem if people are keeping their distance, but there are beaches where people are on top of each other. 

Definitely not a high risk place if people can be slightly  responsible.

Going to the beach is a predominately white thing.  You bent hear a word about open fire hydrants.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

No problem if people are keeping their distance, but there are beaches where people are on top of each other. 

Definitely not a high risk place if people can be slightly  responsible.

The haphazardly way people close stuff is weird.  There was a time around here where certain beaches were closed (the normally busy ones).  So then it funneled everybody to the same beaches that were open.  Retarded.  

I just find closing any beach or park to be insane.   

Once they took the basketball hoops down it all had to stop. To think they closed golf courses is the proof. 

And let the restaurants do their thing.  I friend of mine owns three.  They prepped for opening, totally re-setup their dining areas with tables far away from each other, reducing their capacity, so on.  Opened up for a bit, then our Governor closed again.   Dumb.  

Gyms too.....open up to half capacity, hell third capacity and have rigorous cleaning protocols.   It can be done.  Fock.  Last I checked working out is good for your health.  

I just want leaders who use common sense.  Is that to much to ask?

• Confused 1

If you want to go to the beach, just bring a BLM or ACAB sign, and get in peoples' faces and scream at them.  We've already established that protests are magic and nobody gets the Covid from them.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

The haphazardly way people close stuff is weird.  There was a time around here where certain beaches were closed (the normally busy ones).  So then it funneled everybody to the same beaches that were open.  Retarded.  

I just find closing any beach or park to be insane.   

Are you in NC?

I haven’t been to the Jersey shore this summer but I’m sure folks are all over each other down there. States are probably reacting to the fact that a lot of people who go to the beach won’t be safe.

Beaches are generally attended by young to middle aged non shutins who really don't care if they catch a harmless virus.  

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

Are you in NC?

I haven’t been to the Jersey shore this summer but I’m sure folks are all over each other down there. States are probably reacting to the fact that a lot of people who go to the beach won’t be safe.

Yes.

But what does all over each other "outside" at a beach mean?  A tent or umbrella six feet apart?  Outside.

I'm no scientist or doctor but I'd wager a days pay its better to be 4 feet apart outside than 6 feet apart inside a closed environment.

A large concert or festival?  Understood.

Closing beaches and parks?  Go fock yourself.

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Yes.

But what does all over each other "outside" at a beach mean?  A tent or umbrella six feet apart?  Outside.

I'm no scientist or doctor but I'd wager a days pay its better to be 4 feet apart outside than 6 feet apart inside a closed environment.

A large concert or festival?  Understood.

Closing beaches and parks?  Go fock yourself.

You’re not wrong. I think they’re more worried about people going to bars, restaurants, clubs etc. at the shore then just being on the beach. 

I keep seeing articles about new Covid cases in Philly and the burbs being traced back to the Jersey shore.

• Like 1

No risk at the beach, people mind their own business. No need to get close to anyone either.

• Like 1

I guess my point and it seems most everyone agrees is that its been four months, people have to live, not doing so is bad for you physically and mentally.  Going outside should be encouraged.  Go to the park with your kids, go on the trails, tube down a river, go to the beach, do something outside.  

Okay fine, The Jersey Shore, or Myrtle Beach Boardwalk?  Understood.  I guess.

If I see one more picture of a beach on the news, even my local news, I am going to lose my mind.  

Vitium D is very important for your immune system. Many Americans are vitamin D deficient and suffer because of it. Getting outside is one of the best things to do against COVID

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I guess my point and it seems most everyone agrees is that its been four months, people have to live, not doing so is bad for you physically and mentally.  Going outside should be encouraged.  Go to the park with your kids, go on the trails, tube down a river, go to the beach, do something outside.  

If I see one more picture of a beach on the news, even my local news, I am going to lose my mind.  

Don't watch the news. It's just poisen anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Fear sells better than hotcakes to those who are already so scared they can't go out. The news is aimed at them.  There is also the fact that people's mental illness is being positively reinforced, and it makes them feel normal and right, so they love stories about beaches being dangerous.

It is part of the media narrative that the protests are NOT the cause of the spike. They started to get out ahead of it early and figured they can diffuse it by showing lots of white people at beaches, bars and churches. They never say white people. They just show pics of white people and let you infer. 

• Thanks 1

I think the issue is you have a lot of people packed real close together. At least on the really crowded beaches.

Now I get it, you’re saying but there’s some distance and we’re all outside. Makes some sense.

’Course people gotta use the restroom. And while you can piss in the ocean not many folks take a sh1t in there.

To say nothing of bars, restaurants, shops, vendors etc.

I guess I wonder if they’ve traced a lot of infections back to beaches. I know early on they were tracing major outbreaks to spring break destinations but maybe that had more to do with bars and focking. :dunno:

I think the main issue is avoid crowds, wherever they are. Outside obviously better but avoiding all of them is best.

Maybe just let people make their own personal choices. Lots of dangerous things people do with far greater chances of death than this virus.  If they want to do it let them and stay out of it.

The biggest problem for beach towns isn’t the actual beaches.  

Hotels and short term rentals are packed at 100% capacity but restaurants, breweries and wineries can only open to 50% capacity.  

These places have been shuttered for months and are not about to turn customers away because of a 50% capacity mandate.  

I’m seeing this firsthand this weekend.  Tables are full and lines are out the door and down the street.   Nobody is staying 6 ft apart.