Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round One-Three Commentary - July Mock 2020 **

Pardon my starting this thing early, but I have no desire to get up in less than five hours to make my pick if I don't have to.  There were, obviously,  other options here, but I didn't really consider them.  McCaffrey was a beast last year and will be a beast this year.  He outscored the next highest RB by over 156 points in 2019.  That is just about 10 points a game.  So, even if he regresses, he should still be the closest thing to money.

My phone has cracked a few times recently. This morning I thought it had died completely. Luckily the brightness was just all the way down. I thought I was going to leave the draft hanging for a minute

The top 4 picks went as usual, no surprises.

I texted Matt. Let’s see what happens.

14 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

I will be ready to pick shortly after I see 1.05 become official.

Great to see you and have you back to the Mock!

33 minutes ago, robb said:

Great to see you and have you back to the Mock!

Are you trying to make me jealous? 😒

My bad have been sleeping nursing this hangover.    

Was hoping to have his partner in crime Kamara but Thomas is locked and loaded.  

17 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Are you trying to make me jealous? 😒

You selected so quick this morning........so yes........I am jealous.

Slower than usual.......sent my 1.10 pick to Mike as I am gone Noon-2pm MDT.

Worm has picked so I believe it’s on Robb who whoever he sent to Mike 

Couldn't even make it through the first round. 😡 

ICEMAN

🙈🙉🙊

We are better than this folks.

My apologies. I was watching like a hawk all day and then right after 1.9 while waiting for 1.10 I got called away and couldn’t check my phone otherwise I would have sent a list

30 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

My apologies. I was watching like a hawk all day and then right after 1.9 while waiting for 1.10 I got called away and couldn’t check my phone otherwise I would have sent a list

Mike made my pick 39 minutes after 1.09, which is very timely IMO. Sorry it messed you up.

13 minutes ago, robb said:

Mike made my pick 39 minutes after 1.09, which is very timely IMO. Sorry it messed you up.

I didn’t say it wasn’t timely. I just said between that happening I got called into a meeting and was MIA. 

If Jones was still available, that was my pic. So.......what to do?

I simply never take a TE until round 11, but Kelce is the TE1 and had point value similar to the next WR I was considering. Mocks are great at seeing how to draft, so let’s see how this works out going forward.

I feel like such a point chaser.

Pretty happy with my first two picks.  I was thinking others may not be as high on Ekeler, so I made sure to grab a top WR before the turn.  Getting Adams and a RB with 90+ catch upside who just lost his biggest road block on the depth chart is a good start.

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect Hopkins at 2.05.  I almost went with another player on a hunch but stuck to my list.  Henry/Hopkins should be some TD's.

I was tossing up between Jones and Hopkins. I thought beernuts might go wr-wr. I knew he would take Hill as one of them. 

I took Aaron Jones at 1.11 because I knew I’d get one of Julio-Hopkins-Hill. In PPR I like them in that order and only have Julio higher because Of Hopkins switching teams

It will be interesting to see how they use Hopkins.  They simply wouldn't  have gone after him if they didn't intend on making him the focus of there air heavy attack.  You can't go wrong with Julio, though he does have a rising star on the other side and a new toy at RB to contend with.

Just now, remote controller said:

It will be interesting to see how they use Hopkins.  They simply wouldn't  have gone after him if they didn't intend on making him the focus of there air heavy attack.  You can't go wrong with Julio, though he does have a rising star on the other side and a new toy at RB to contend with.

This is all true. I’m not sure Hopkins has had the same talent around him in terms of other skill position players and I think he gets a downgrade at QB. Julios QB also should air it out more often than Hopkins but we shall see. Can’t go wrong with either I don’t think. 

more interesting to me is the fact I landed Aaron Jones at 2.11 in the June mock and 1.11 here. I do think he slid too far in June and he does get a bump as a good pass catcher. Also I’ve seen his ADP trending up as I think more people start to realize anyone Green Bay added is going to be more competition for the current backup than Jones himself. 

I considered Jones over Henry.  I sent Mike a list of 4 players Michael Thomas, Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry, and Aaron Jones....in that order and got Henry.

I think that we will see a dip in Hopkins numbers. Something in the range of 15%-20% is to be expected. I just don't see him getting the 150-170 targets that he always got in Houston. I see him getting maybe 120 targets in that offense.

ICEMAN

• Like 1

Off to get a ‘Rona test..seriously. Text me at3175860589 when I’m up again please. Thanks!

Allowed myself a glimmer of hope when I saw Godwin falling.  I think Robinson is an excellent consolation prize.  He's got virtually no competition for targets this year, after pulling over 150 last year.  Plus he should get a QB upgrade if the Bears aren't stupid (I know, a big if). 

The third round pick was painful.  I was really wanting to go with another guy at another position, but felt the drop off after Kittle was too severe.  I HATE  taking TE's early, but I veered from that course last year and it served me very well.  

Who wants to text Shovel?

ICEMAN

Was hoping that maybe-just-maybe wither Jackson or Mahomes might drop, but everyone is being pretty disciplined.

Picking Godwin was easy, danced with three options at 3.02, tough decision, went with a higher risk player, more of an unknown in an offense loaded with options.  Sometimes you have to roll the dice just a little