Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round One-Three Commentary - July Mock 2020 **

3 minutes ago, remote controller said:

done  (text sent)

You da' man! 

ICEMAN

Iceman doing the opposite of his June mock.  Very RB heavy draft so far.

Fool me once....

ICEMAN

Golladay is solid value where he was taken IMHO

Golladay is extremely talented but I do have a take on him that I will share given the spirit of the mock. When his main WR teammates (target competitors) are healthy and on the field, his QB tends to spread the love and those players put up similar per game numbers at a reduced cost. 

Not sayin Golladay wasn’t the right pick there, that was just something interesting I found out while doing a little light research for the June mock 

• Like 1

I just can't go wr wr, as much as the top options available are really reliable. While I don't think that Jacobs has much of a shot at being the top rb this year, that offensive line and Grudens loyalty will make him an every week plug and play.

Tyreek is my dude when it comes to ffball. He is so good and working with Mahomes.

20 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Golladay is extremely talented but I do have a take on him that I will share given the spirit of the mock. When his main WR teammates (target competitors) are healthy and on the field, his QB tends to spread the love and those players put up similar per game numbers at a reduced cost. 

Not sayin Golladay wasn’t the right pick there, that was just something interesting I found out while doing a little light research for the June mock 

I will be curious to see if his reception total goes up. I believe 65 or 70 is his career best so far? He also did about the same with and without Stafford. 

Just now, Frozenbeernuts said:

I just can't go wr wr, as much as the top options available are really reliable. While I don't think that Jacobs has much of a shot at being the top rb this year, that offensive line and Grudens loyalty will make him an every week plug and play.

Tyreek is my dude when it comes to ffball. He is so good and working with Mahomes.

Traded for him in dynasty last month. Love that I have him now, just need him to stay out of the pokey.

4 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

Traded for him in dynasty last month. Love that I have him now, just need him to stay out of the pokey.

I believe he will. While I think he has some issues, from what I read about both situations is he was dealing with a pretty unstable woman. He's split from her now. 

I got him in the 5th of a startup last year. He fell to 3.03 of a startup this year, which I traded up to get. I also traded AJ Brown and swapped picks so that I move 15 picks back from 22 to 37 in the rookie draft to get him in another league. I also traded him away in two leagues but that was to bolster my team in other ways that were necessary. 

My bigger concern with Tyreek is the injuries. Due to the style of his play he always seems to miss some games with a groin, hammy, ankle. That’s why I have him just below Julio and Hopkins even though I enjoy watching him more. Also due to ppr I think he will wind up with 20+ catches less than those guys assuming full health all around

3 hours ago, ICEMAN said:

I think that we will see a dip in Hopkins numbers. Something in the range of 15%-20% is to be expected. I just don't see him getting the 150-170 targets that he always got in Houston. I see him getting maybe 120 targets in that offense.

ICEMAN

Kind of my take on it.   They had a 1. A 1. B sitiauation with Fitz getting 109 targets in 16 games and Kirk getting 108 in 13 games.   Maybe his pace was closer to 120ish.

I might have Hopkins projection in the 130 target range.  Not seeing how he quite keeps up the 150 + he's had coming. 

47 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Golladay is solid value where he was taken IMHO

Golladay was my pick at 3.01 if I hadn't taken Kittle.  I think the sky is the limit for him with his QB back this year.  He was WR9 in PPR last year and that was with David Blough and Jeff Driskel throwing him the ball for half the year.

RB...TE....RB     Not my usually draft, but just looking for BPA.

It was between Gordon, Carson & TBD for me, but Carson's injury history scares me. I know Gordon has competition, but I live in Colorado and what I hear is he will be the bell cow. Not a solid RB1, but serves as a very reliable RB2 for me.

12 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

My bigger concern with Tyreek is the injuries. Due to the style of his play he always seems to miss some games with a groin, hammy, ankle. That’s why I have him just below Julio and Hopkins even though I enjoy watching him more. Also due to ppr I think he will wind up with 20+ catches less than those guys assuming full health all around

The last 4 years he has played 16,15,16,12 games. He gets dinged once in a while but nothing to be worried about. He had 87 rec in 2018 with 1400+ yards and 12 tds. I don't think that's even his ceiling. That was with Mahomes in his first year as a starter. Last year was just messed up because of his and Mahomes injuries 

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The last 4 years he has played 16,15,16,12 games. He gets dinged once in a while but nothing to be worried about. He had 87 rec in 2018 with 1400+ yards and 12 tds. I don't think that's even his ceiling. That was with Mahomes in his first year as a starter. Last year was just messed up because of his and Mahomes injuries 

looking at it, I will admit I am surprised to see he played 16,15,16 prior to last year. When watching him, it feels like he is constantly limping off the field with some issue. I guess most of the time he returns but I could have swore he missed more games than that. I still view him as more fragile and I still believe that a clean bill of health all year for the three WRs I was discussing will result in about 20 catches less for a guy like Hill but I am a Hill fan so I'm not really arguing with his selection. If I was picking 12 and decided to go WR-WR I would absolutely take him as one of the two just because I enjoy him so much.