Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Whats your schools doing in fall??

Dewine (OH) basically let schools come up with their own plans...it must include masks.

Some schools are taking advantage of the cares act and staying online using funds to give every kid a computer and free internet.  They cant risk losing students and funding to online schools.  Looks like our district is going 2 days with 1/2 the school...2 days with other half.  Friday is zoom meeting day.  Whats yours doing?

Fairfax County

Right now, they have an option...

Full year online learning (four days a week)...

-or-

Two days in school, two days online learning (independent study)...

They don’t focking know, no one does.

But time’s running out. That’s for sure

They had better come up with a plan quick. School is supposed to start in two months, and this scourge has a .03% death rate. It's scary out there!

Just now, lickin_starfish said:

They had better come up with a plan quick. School is supposed to start in two months, and this scourge has a .03% death rate. It's scary out there!

Lol .03% huh?

Many estimates say 4-5%, some higher.

Some are lower but I ain’t seen anywhere near that low!

You do know there are 132,000 dead in less than six months in this country alone, right? WITH a shutdown, social distancing, masks, schools closed etc. And it ain’t even close to fall yet.

• Haha 1

So next week, we were supposed to have final exams Monday and Tuesday, then the kids fock off.

But they decided not to have finals at the last minute, because some kid in town jumped off a building and killed himself. So they extended next week to a full week for some focking reason.

Great. Next week is going to be a sh!t show. Now the kids have zero reason to care at all.

I have to take an unpaid day off on Wednesday now to go get a covid test that is required before my laser eye surgery next Saturday. 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Lol .03% huh?

You do know there are 132,000 dead in less than six months in this country alone, right? WITH a shutdown, social distancing, masks, schools closed etc. And it ain’t even close to fall yet.

Turn off CNN and read the science. Nobody gives a sh1t about your estimates and models. They have been 100% wrong from the beginning and continue to be wrong.

8 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Turn off CNN and read the science. Nobody gives a sh1t about your estimates and models. They have been 100% wrong from the beginning and continue to be wrong.

This isn’t an estimate or model. Those are just the current numbers.

Probably 300,000+ will die this year. That’s an estimate.

18 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

This isn’t an estimate or model. Those are just the current numbers.

Probably 300,000+ will die this year. That’s an estimate.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

So which one is it?

Pretty amazing that I have no say in something I directly fund that is literally down the street from my house and my children attend. Parents concerns will not be considered, bank on that. 

13 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Lol .03% huh?

The death toll has gone straight down, if you are paying attention.  Shoving sick people into nursing homes wasn't a good idea.

59 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The death toll has gone straight down, if you are paying attention.  Shoving sick people into nursing homes wasn't a good idea.

That broadway actor that ended up on a ventilator just died. He was 41.

Your boy Trump is playing a deadly game here.

17 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

That broadway actor that ended up on a ventilator just died. He was 41.

Your boy Trump is playing a deadly game here.

What game is Trump playing? It’s not up to him what the states do. Didn’t you go to law school? 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What game is Trump playing? It’s not up to him what the states do. Didn’t you go to law school? 

Funny, you don’t normally favor abdication of responsibility.

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Funny, you don’t normally favor abdication of responsibility.

He can’t make the states close or open. So what are you taking about? 

35 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Dude is so uninformed it's embarrassing.  Trump bad though. 

That dude's vote counts as much as yours, gotta love it.

We still don't quite know yet. They are going through 3 different scenarios (in person, online, hybrid). My guess is that they will do a hybrid where they will do some work in person and some online. They will probably go to school every other week and learn online the other times. Not sure whether it will have any value from a learning perspective. 

Sports and other activities are still totally up in the air. Sort of a pain for my son who is heading to his HS senior year. :dunno:

Trump said he has “absolute authority” regarding when states open. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Colleges and private schools are going to wait as long as possible to make a recommendation. They don’t want drop outs or gap years.

Public schools will be online or some hybrid online / in person depending where they are and circumstances. 

Just now, MDC said:

Trump said he has “absolute authority” regarding when states open. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Colleges and private schools are going to wait as long as possible to make a recommendation. They don’t want drop outs or gap years.

Public schools will be online or some hybrid online / in person depending where they are and circumstances. 

Trump was wrong when he said that. So back to the matter at hand, the states open and close as they see fit. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He can lead, which he never did.

But at the least he could not sabotage the effort. Failed there too.

Face it, the guy couldn’t lead a camel to water. He’s a terrible focking president in times of crisis, like now.

I assume the opening of our school will be delayed based on the number of cases in Houston. My daughter is excited to start kindergarten this year so hopefully they open at some point.

51 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Face it, the guy couldn’t lead a camel to water. He’s a terrible focking president in times of crisis, like now.

He gave NYC hospitals. Loads of beds. They were sent to nursing homes instead.  Thoughts? 

No word yet, but they sent a survey. And HT is right there was no comments section. 

13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

No word yet, but they sent a survey. And HT is right there was no comments section. 

It’s unbelievable how they won’t even listen, and then blow us off. They are beholden to the teachers union first and foremost. 

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

You haven't been watching what has really been happening in this country now have you? Come on....admit it. You think CNN is the true news source of the truth in this country. Just say it, and everyone will understand where your "facts" and "knowledge" are coming from. Maybe if you are nice you'll even get a pat on the head and directed to your beddy-bye. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s unbelievable how they won’t even listen, and then blow us off. They are beholden to the teachers union first and foremost. 

As I said above, the education bureau here lengthened the school year for a week last week AFTER cancelling final exams.

It's really stupid. So stupid in fact, that even the chinese teachers and parents are complaining, and they're used to stupid buracracy. 

So now every day parents are coming to get their kids and their crap (it's a boarding school.)

By the end of next week, we'll just be left with the little ass holes whose parents really don't want them. 

My 8 and 11 year olds school officially starts July 29th (year round).  Our retarded Governor has yet to make a mandate.  Even my liberal friends are getting pissed.  

Parents , especially working parents, have to make real life decisions.  

I have my own opinion but at this point I don’t care, a decision has to be made.  Families must have enough time to adjust.  My wife is ready to quit her job if it’s mandatory online learning, but we are in limbo.

34 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

My 8 and 11 year olds school officially starts July 29th (year round).  Our retarded Governor has yet to make a mandate.  Even my liberal friends are getting pissed.  

Parents , especially working parents, have to make real life decisions.  

I have my own opinion but at this point I don’t care, a decision has to be made.  Families must have enough time to adjust.  My wife is ready to quit her job if it’s mandatory online learning, but we are in limbo.

They should just call it a pass year and move on. Online learning ain’t doing sh1t for most kids, even those with involved parents.

Florida is opening all brick and mortars in the fall...covid be damned.  

On 7/5/2020 at 6:57 PM, IGotWorms said:

Lol .03% huh?

Many estimates say 4-5%, some higher 

Not trying to start sh’t- honest question=

4-5% of what?

The population?

Positivte tests?

Hospitalizations ? 

There’s so many numbers/ projections/ estimates/ guesses being thrown around yet many sources fail to disclose just WTF they are talking about.

1 minute ago, Old School said:

Many estimates say 4-5%, some higher 

Not trying to start sh’t- honest question=

4-5% of what?

The population?

Positivte tests?

Hospitalizations ? 

There’s so many numbers/ projections/ estimates/ guesses being thrown around yet many sources fail to disclose just WTF they are talking about.

4-5% or those who are infected.

But there is admittedly a blind spot there, where they only know if you’re infected if you got tested. So depending on how many people get it without being tested, it could be a lot lower.