Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Spare the Rod, Spoil the child.

Switching from Ass Whippings to Time Outs didn’t have the outcome we were promised by the Liberals. They told us Ass Whippings created violent children.
Not spanking children is a huge Social Experiment gone wrong.

• Thanks 2

Corporal punishment huh?

Just how far back do you guys want to go before you’re satisfied? 19th century? 1776? The Middle Ages?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Corporal punishment huh?

Just how far back do you guys want to go before you’re satisfied? 19th century? 1776? The Middle Ages?

How far back have we gone so far ? 

What color are you making your hair this week? 

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Corporal punishment huh?

Remind me, do you have kids?

I don't think that kids need to be literally beat. It's definitely sadistic. I get it way back when, when life was hard as hell, people happily beat their kids to prep them for a world that would kill them if they are soft. That's not the world we live in. Kids do still need a smack here or there, but I would do anything not to be put in timeout as a kid. I could not stand being in my room with nothing to do. Any threaten of a timeout made me stpp whatever the hell I was doing.

20 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Remind me, do you have kids?

Yes, two.

Never spanked em and don’t intend to.

The youngest is a little sh1t, but he’s three.

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yes, two.

I know plenty of dudes who said they were little shits even though they got whooped

26 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Corporal punishment huh?

Mid 20th century

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I don't think that kids need to be literally beat. It's definitely sadistic. I get it way back when, when life was hard as hell, people happily beat their kids to prep them for a world that would kill them if they are soft. That's not the world we live in. Kids do still need a smack here or there, but I would do anything not to be put in timeout as a kid. I could not stand being in my room with nothing to do. Any threaten of a timeout made me stpp whatever the hell I was doing.

It sure was ruff being confined to my room with all my stuff, time outs were a piece of cake.

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Mid 20th century

It sure was ruff being confined to my room with all my stuff, time outs were a piece of cake.

Your parents did it wrong then. There were never toys in my room. I wasnt allowed to read or play. Just sit there. 

3 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Your parents did it wrong then. There were never toys in my room. I wasnt allowed to read or play. Just sit there. 

Were they watching you? I guess you weren’t a very creative kid. 

what we are seeing today are kids who have had no consequences for their actions. 

36 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Corporal punishment huh?

At least as far back as when you were a bratty kid.

3 minutes ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

Adrain Peterson approves of this message :doublethumbsup:

Yeah, the people against physical punishment are racist. 

29 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yes, two.

Thanks for responding.  There is a point where corporal punishment is indisputably the best course.  If your 3 yr old for instance reaches up for a pot of boiling water, that is not the time to feel good about yourself saying a bunch of words to him that he won't understand.  You swat his hand and/or spank his bottom, look him in the eye, and say NO!  

As kids get older, the need for corporal punishment should abate, but IMO only if you've established that this home is not a democracy.

• Like 1

A swat on the backside when they are young will save you a lot of anguish when they are older.

Never take advice from people who only have experience with younger children, if you haven't a had a teenager yet, you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, fandandy said:

At least as far back as when you were a bratty kid.

That’s the 80s. Not far enough for this set as you were no longer allowed to be racist even by then.

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I know plenty of dudes who said they were little shits even though they got whooped

It's almost like raising a kid isn't a one size fits all sort of proposition. 

Some kids are fine with just timeout and such. 

Some need the occasional ass whooping.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

Were they watching you? I guess you weren’t a very creative kid. 

what we are seeing today are kids who have had no consequences for their actions. 

They would check on me. If they caught me it meant more time in timeout, and like I said I didn't have anything to play with in my room anyway. Even if I did have something to do, the threat of having more time in timeout was the worst

27 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It's almost like raising a kid isn't a one size fits all sort of proposition. 

Some kids are fine with just timeout and such. 

Some need the occasional ass whooping.

Yeah it's all different, but the best the shlt out of my kid approach doesn't make much sense. If it's needed then there's prob no saving the kid

33 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yeah it's all different, but the best the shlt out of my kid approach doesn't make much sense. If it's needed then there's prob no saving the kid

Probably. But if you've got a teenage boy defying you and telling you to fock yourself, sometimes putting him on his ass and showing him that daddy still calls the shots is necessary. 

• Thanks 1

There is a moment when it's time to throw down. When you cross that line.  Something most kids learned by pushing their parents. Sadly most of these wusses don't know that line does exist and will find it out the hard way.

2 hours ago, Reality said:

A swat on the backside when they are young will save you a lot of anguish when they are older.

Never take advice from people who only have experience with younger children, if you haven't a had a teenager yet, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Although I never had kids I had to swat my 3 year old nephew once and never had major issues again.My brother(his kid) wasn't so lucky as he went the time out.1....2....method with him and endured a vulgar tongue lashing by the kid when he was a young man still living under my brother's roof and my brother still didn't smack him. :doh:

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Of course we are not talking about beating the sh!t out of a kid just like time outs aren’t weeks long. An open hand spanking on the butt is as far as it should go. I think both should always be an option. My Dad said he got spankings and was then sent into isolation. (He did not have his own room)

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Probably. But if you've got a teenage boy defying you and telling you to fock yourself, sometimes putting him on his ass and showing him that daddy still calls the shots is necessary. 

Dude that's such a rare example. If he is saying that then someone probably went wrong to begin with and the discipline used before he got to that point wasn't right. You raise a kid in a good stable loving environment, most likely he will be fine. Sure, there are outliers. If a boy ends up being that bad after a great environment, then like I said he is probably not getting saved. But by all means if it comes to that then beat the living shlt out of him and see if it works (highly doubtful) 

11 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Dude that's such a rare example. If he is saying that then someone probably went wrong to begin with and the discipline used before he got to that point wasn't right. You raise a kid in a good stable loving environment, most likely he will be fine. Sure, there are outliers. If a boy ends up being that bad after a great environment, then like I said he is probably not getting saved. But by all means if it comes to that then beat the living shlt out of him and see if it works (highly doubtful) 

Two of my brothers bowed up on dad. Dad walked both around the room pushing him in the chest with a finger, telling him to take the first shot.

One backed down authority was restored with no violence. 

The other took the shot, and ended up losing a fight. The glass kitchen table was a casualty that time. 

(one was a step kid, the other was his, but both were Co Parented, and yes, discipline had gone off the rails long before. But it still had to be dealt with.)

I never got "whipped" , but when I was about 6 or 7, I was told if I didn't take the garbage out that dad would whip my ass, and that night I  sure as hell took the garbage out 

I miss my dad :(

25 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Two of my brothers bowed up on dad. Dad walked both around the room pushing him in the chest with a finger, telling him to take the first shot.

One backed down authority was restored with no violence. 

The other took the shot, and ended up losing a fight. The glass kitchen table was a casualty that time. 

(one was a step kid, the other was his, but both were Co Parented, and yes, discipline had gone off the rails long before. But it still had to be dealt with.)

Yes, so it took one time. One time. Not beating the shlt out of your kids their entire child hood

10 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yes, so it took one time. One time. Not beating the shlt out of your kids their entire child hood

No one is talking about beating the sh!t out of a kids their entire life but you, and that is a rare example that still happens today.

32 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Nobody is talking beating the sh!t out of abyone. But hell, I was the good one and I got spanked at least a dozen times over the years. Had it coming every time too. 

7 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I don't think that kids need to be literally beat. It's definitely sadistic. I get it way back when, when life was hard as hell, people happily beat their kids to prep them for a world that would kill them if they are soft.

Actually the reverse is happening. 

Humans are clearly exhibiting signs of self-domestication.  Compared to 40,000 years ago, we are smaller in size, our brains are smaller, our jaws are smaller, and we retain childlike features longer and we are probably less intelligent.  You see these same things in wolves vs dogs for example.  A dog's brain is smaller, they are physically smaller, their jaws are smaller, they aren't as intelligent, and they retain childlike features longer.

The reason dogs evolved this way is the domestication process, which is where the dogs that are strongest, smartest, and most aggressive get killed by humans in favor of more docile versions.  Humans have been doing this to themselves for 40,000 years.  The strongest, smartest, and most aggressive humans get killed in wars and are less likely to pass on their genes compared to smaller, weaker, dumber humans.

The evidence is VERY strong that, if anything, our ancestors killed their kids if they were NOT soft.  Or at least wars were killing strong humans at a faster rate than parents were killing weak kids.

If you raise your kids right...you can spoil your grandkids...if you spoil your children..you get to raise your grandkids

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, riversco said:

Actually the reverse is happening. 

Humans are clearly exhibiting signs of self-domestication.  Compared to 40,000 years ago, we are smaller in size, our brains are smaller, our jaws are smaller, and we retain childlike features longer and we are probably less intelligent.  You see these same things in wolves vs dogs for example.  A dog's brain is smaller, they are physically smaller, their jaws are smaller, they aren't as intelligent, and they retain childlike features longer.

The reason dogs evolved this way is the domestication process, which is where the dogs that are strongest, smartest, and most aggressive get killed by humans in favor of more docile versions.  Humans have been doing this to themselves for 40,000 years.  The strongest, smartest, and most aggressive humans get killed in wars and are less likely to pass on their genes compared to smaller, weaker, dumber humans.

The evidence is VERY strong that, if anything, our ancestors killed their kids if they were NOT soft.  Or at least wars were killing strong humans at a faster rate than parents were killing weak kids.

This is a pretty solid take.

On 7/5/2020 at 4:30 PM, Baker Boy said:

Switching from Ass Whippings to Time Outs didn’t have the outcome we were promised by the Liberals. They told us Ass Whippings created violent children.
Not spanking children is a huge Social Experiment gone wrong.

Bullsh!t

It’s very easy to hold your kids accountable and teach them to be solid citizens without beating them.  

Smacking kids around is archaic, ineffective, lazy and just focking stupid.   

The only thing I learned from taking beatings was how not to parent.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Bullsh!t

It’s very easy to hold your kids accountable and teach them to be solid citizens without beating them.  

Unfortunately today’s younger generation is proving you wrong. Spankings are only a part of discipline and should be used as a last resort, some kids never need them but others do. We had a saying when we were deciding to do something in the 80s/90s. “The consequences aren’t that bad” and they weren’t so we did it. The beauty was that we rarely got caught anyway.

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

Unfortunately today’s younger generation is proving you wrong. Spankings are only a part of discipline and should be used as a last resort, some kids never need them but others do. We had a saying when we were deciding to do something in the 80s/90s. “The consequences aren’t that bad” and they weren’t so we did it. The beauty was that we rarely got caught anyway.

The issue is not the method of discipline.  It’s the absence of discipline and lower standards for acceptable behavior.  

2 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Bullsh!t

"Smacking kids around" and "taking beatings" is not the same as corporal punishment.  It is also not effective parenting, since it is child abuse.  On that we can agree.  :cheers:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

"Smacking kids around" and "taking beatings" is not the same as corporal punishment.  It is also not effective parenting, since it is child abuse.  On that we can agree.  :cheers:

This, not sure how we got to beating children. Obviously not ok.