Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Why are people talking about taking Kenyan Drake rnd 1 early rnd 2? Sell me on that please.

There’s a lot of hype around Drakes role with the Cards this season and I’ve seen him taken and being debated right after the stud RBs in early Rnd 2. I’m not buying this and am always wary of these guys who get hype off of a couple huge games then get put in an assumed large role the following season. Like people are expecting a breakout DJ type year.

Don’t get me wrong I’m super high on Kyler and the cards offense, I just don’t see Drake as a workhorse stud for them so easily. Edmonds was beastly when he got a chance, he isn’t some afterthought. I’m fine with taking a chance on young hungry guys in great offenses who can catch but maybe rnd 3, not rnd 1-2. Tell me where you fall on Drake so far this offseason. 

He's not someone I'm targeting--especially not in the first couple of rounds--which probly means I'll never have him.

I'm leaning on keeping him in PPR auction 3 keeper. He won me the championship last year. Somebody dropped him and I sat on him for weeks. They are going to use him, especially as a dump off. I would take him over Chubb and that rookie LSU RB.   

He will be really good. That's what you want for your team from a runningback.

Who are you putting ahead of him besides the obvious 8-10 guys that everyone is putting ahead of him?

He focking slayed it after going to the Cards.

I know it’s tough to swallow because you always thought of him as a sixth round or later guy. But circumstances have changed.

I didn't even start Chubb in the playoffs. I benched him for Drake. Took balls to do it but I had no choice. I was not winning it with Chubb numbers. I barely won with a 4 TD Drake game. That's how good my opponent was. Score went into the 220's in PPR. 

It wasn't just that one game either. Drake was killing it every week after the trade. He's going to be a big part of that offense. Hardly any mileage on the guy.

He also had some really weak games mixed in. The line isn't good enough for him to be consistent week to week. I do not want my first round running back putting up multiple 8 point games in ppr

14 team non ppr, if I have a late second round pick, I’ll  take him as my rb2.  

He posted some really good games, he was so underused with the Dolphins, he’s ready to show the nfl world what he can do. 

I have him on a dynasty team. I picked him up as a free agent at some point last season.  He's my RB2 behind Zeke and ahead of Devin Singletary, the RBs I'm keeping.

I wouldn't feel good drafting him in the 1st or 2nd round, but I would take him after that. He's clearly got potential and is in a good spot to shine in Zona.

I think he has a solid year and will be a guy you're glad you have on your team. I don't expect him to be a RB1 but I think he can fill about any role after that, RB2, flex, depth

32 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I have him on a dynasty team. I picked him up as a free agent at some point last season.  He's my RB2 behind Zeke and ahead of Devin Singletary, the RBs I'm keeping.

I wouldn't feel good drafting him in the 1st or 2nd round, but I would take him after that. He's clearly got potential and is in a good spot to shine in Zona.

I think he has a solid year and will be a guy you're glad you have on your team. I don't expect him to be a RB1 but I think he can fill about any role after that, RB2, flex, depth

I’m fine with him in that range after rnd 2. You won’t hit often there but you need to aim for upside so if you do it’s worth it. Guys like Clyde Helair and Drake will fit that bill and some of them will be key to good seasons. I put him in that class of upside with risk (honestly who isnt though?) rather than established asset like a lot of others. It could look smart or silly come October but I like guys such as Gurley (his knee is fine, Rams underused him) and Jacobs ahead of Drake. Things could change but that’s where I’m at right now.

7 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I’m fine with him in that range after rnd 2. You won’t hit often there but you need to aim for upside so if you do it’s worth it. Guys like Clyde Helair and Drake will fit that bill and some of them will be key to good seasons.

Exactly, he's the kind of guy that can overplay his value in the draft and put your team over the top.

I could see him being a poor man's Alvin Kamara

So after guys like Gurley and Mccaffery and the Zeke And Barkley and Henry And Kamara and Jacobs and DCook , and A Jones, and Helair who would one rank ahead of Drake? 

Just wondering.  

Thanks. 

21 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So after guys like Gurley and Mccaffery and the Zeke And Barkley and Henry And Kamara and Jacobs and DCook , and A Jones, and Helair who would one rank ahead of Drake? 

Just wondering.  

Thanks. 

Chubb and Mixon for sure.

Then maybe Carson, Miles Sanders, Leonard Fournette, Leveon Bell, Conner, Gordon, perhaps. I say he's somewhere in the mix with those guys

18 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Just wondering.  

Thanks. 

Mixon, Carson, Chubb, and Fournette for sure; possibly Sanders, and Ekeler would be close in PPR.  Probly not Edwards-Helaire though.  The KC RB sitch is going to be fantasy hell.  Damian Williams will have 2 TDs, CEH will have 90 yards rushing, and Darwin Thompson will have 5 catches for 48 yards.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Mixon, Carson, Chubb, and Fournette for sure; possibly Sanders, and Ekeler would be close in PPR.  Probly not Edwards-Helaire though.  The KC RB sitch is going to be fantasy hell.  Damian Williams will have 2 TDs, CEH will have 90 yards rushing, and Darwin Thompson will have 5 catches for 48 yards.

I’m pretty far off of Chubb. Hunt outscored him in 6 of 8 games they played together is a scary stat and one that would drive me crazy all year. I agree with Drake being in the mix with all the other guys mentioned in the previous 2 posts. 

31 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Chubb and Mixon for sure.

Then maybe Carson, Miles Sanders, Leonard Fournette, Leveon Bell, Conner, Gordon, perhaps. I say he's somewhere in the mix with those guys

So you would see him ranked at rb around 13 then, I would say that’s easly a second round pick. 

Not me, in my non ppr I have Drake ahead of Mixon, Mixon in non ppr avg 11.9 per game and Drake avg 11.7 and won’t be spreading half the season with the Dolphins , Mixon will have a rookie rb, that I’m not so sure about.  

I think Hyde will reduce the production of Carson, and when Penny returns there is more trouble , Carson’s fumbling problem will be a big issue once again, this time Hyde will be introduced into the offense.  

Ekeler now as T Taylor at Qb, plus Jackson returns and Kelley, don’t like that situation. 

I think Fournette could have a interesting last season with the Jags, once they fall out of contention, which I think happens quickly, will they continue to feed the leaving Fournette, mmm. 

I do have Sanders ahead of Drake, I think he’ll be a top ten non ppr rb this season. 

And Chubb I thought  would be worthy of a round one pick and he was, I like him later then I like Drake this season, Drake doesn’t have Hunt on the same team, and Zona has a much better Qb situation. 

Thanks great info, fun times. 

Take care.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So you would see him ranked at rb around 13 then, I would say that’s easly a second round pick. 

Well, he's somewhere in the group with the guys I listed, but there are also several WRs I would put in there ahead of him too, maybe Kelce too.

11 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Well, he's somewhere in the group with the guys I listed, but there are also several WRs I would put in there ahead of him too, maybe Kelce too.

You mention Kelce, so you must be talking ppr, how about non ppr? 

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

I’m pretty far off of Chubb. Hunt outscored him in 6 of 8 games they played together is a scary stat and one that would drive me crazy all year.

Chubb was axually the one I hesitated to include--but then, I was replying to weepeen, so I erred on the side of silliness.

That said, a lot of the Browns WRs and TEs were injured last year, and Hunt was kind of the defacto recipient of those targets, while Baker Mayfield had a disappointing season.  If a healthy OBJ and Higgins, Njoku if he stays, plus the addition of Hooper--if the offense can stay healthy they should be able to move the ball, and that should be good for Chubb's dunk TD chances (while taking some of the shine off of Hunt).  So I'm not paying a premium for Chubb, but I'm not fading him at a reasonable price, either--and I do think I'd rather have him than Drake (especially in weepeen's favorite non-PPR leagues).

All this being based on the premise that I axually engage in fantasy football this year, of course.

Drake has never had more than 170 carries in any Pro Season, and probably not in College either. He has never been a BELL-COW, at least since high school. He's a good player, but not top 15 good. Taking him in rd 1 would be dumb...

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

You mention Kelce, so you must be talking ppr, how about non ppr? 

Drake has caught at least 50 passes in each of the past two seasons. I would expect that many or more this season. He gets a lot of work in the passing game.

So in non PPR, drop him back a couple of spots. In PPR, I say he's a decent RB2. Standard scoring, I say he's more of a flex option

I think he’s more of a rb2 in non ppr.  

He should be used often in the passing game racking up yards both in the run game and pass game, and he will be the short yardage rb on a team that’s seems ready to score a lot of points.  

Thanks for your input Polecatt. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Drake has never had more than 170 carries in any Pro Season, and probably not in College either. He has never been a BELL-COW, at least since high school. He's a good player, but not top 15 good. Taking him in rd 1 would be dumb...

In college, the most carries he had in any year was 92.  He totaled 233 rush attempts and 46 receptions in 4 college seasons.  So I agree, based on his college and professional workload, I would never consider him an RB1 until he has a season where he is "the guy", stays healthy, and produces.  At best, I'd have him as a mid-tier RB2 and a 3rd/4th round target.

I would go. 

Hunt

Mack or Taylor. 

D Williams. 

Hyde

L Murray. 

Z Moss

Lindsay

Edmonds. 

Thanks.