Sign in to follow this  
Media Bias Chart... Still funny that FBG treats this as legit...

AP and BBC at the top seems legit. No idea why CNN would be any higher than FOX. 

Most people who complain about media bias mistake cable editorials / punditry for news. CNN, FOX and MSNBC barely pretend to be news sources.

Unfortunately, the people who compile these charts are biased so the charts are also biased.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

The FBGs obsession continues. Why don’t you guys just go there?

Well, idiot, for starters we can't.  They ban anyone who doesn't conform to their liberal bubble.

Are you new here?

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Well, idiot, for starters we can't.  They ban anyone who doesn't conform to their liberal bubble.

Are you new here?

😢

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

You ok? What do you care if we comment on those America haters? The ones here are kept in their place and know better. The ones over there  are free ranging and it’s fun to observe the unfiltered lunacy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

Even ignoring everything else, placing Huffington in "skews left" invalidates the chart.

Yeah, stretching the top "basically unbiased" box to include HuffPo is a joke.  WaPo and NYT are in there as well, jokes.  

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Well Wormsy, that thread originated in part because I questioned the validity of the chart.  The response was "well, do you have a better one?"  Not really, because it is a self regulating chart, and by that I mean not very self-regulating.  The 1000th time I see the phrase "largely peaceful" or "mostly peaceful", followed by a litany of not so peaceful acts, is probably not included in this "objective" measure.

Truth be told, you should go there, they are your people.  You can wax poetic about how awesome it is that the BLM organization wants to destroy the nuclear family structure.  Awesome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, stretching the top "basically unbiased" box to include HuffPo is a joke.  WaPo and NYT are in there as well, jokes.  

Well Wormsy, that thread originated in part because I questioned the validity of the chart.  The response was "well, do you have a better one?"  Not really, because it is a self regulating chart, and by that I mean not very self-regulating.  The 1000th time I see the phrase "largely peaceful" or "mostly peaceful", followed by a litany of not so peaceful acts, is probably not included in this "objective" measure.

Truth be told, you should go there, they are your people.  You can wax poetic about how awesome it is that the BLM organization wants to destroy the nuclear family structure.  Awesome!

Nah I like being exposed to other viewpoints even if it’s alt-right nazism. Guess that’s the only other option these days :(

Here’s the deal - the mainstream media is overwhelmingly hard Left.  Not left of center, but hard Left.  They’ve gone from being legitimate news sources to the propaganda arm of the Left.  And yes, there is some Conservative Media - Fox is solid right, Breitbart is hard right, Wall St. Journal is right of center.  But the Left dominates in this space, especially in quantity.  It’s at least 10-1, probably more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Nah I like being exposed to other viewpoints even if it’s alt-right nazism. Guess that’s the only other option these days :(

Get help fruitcake 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wired magazine did a good media chart a few years ago and even admitted about 87% of the media leans left. It was a good article but I doubt they ever write something like that again being left themselves. What I liked about their chart is it showed all media. Sites, newspapers, even radio and percentage of market /viewers they captured and it went deep in the weeds.

One show I liked for a while was POTUS on Sirius. The morning anchor would report the news without interjecting any spin. He'd also interview folks on both sides and ask real unbiased questions. Not sure if he is still around but I learned a lot from his show. I still have Sirius but just got burnt out on news. 

It’s pathetic to watch them attack the source of news despite the fact the articles contain factual information and not op eds. There is a reason some of those sites report what they do. It because the MSM won’t cover things that don’t fit their liberal agenda. It’s common sense. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, supermike80 said:

LOL Vox "Skews left"

GTFO

WHAT?  They actually said Vox "skews left"?  WTF?

Carlos Maza was on Vox - he was a self-proclaimed Communist.

That alone invalidates these "bias charts"

14 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This seems a bit more accurate, no?  Although, also invalid since WAPO and NYTimes and CNN or just left of center on this one.

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings

No idea...  I really need to see what the goofs at FBG think and then do the exact opposite...  It is just easier that way...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, posty said:

No idea...  I really need to see what the goofs at FBG think and then do the exact opposite...  It is just easier that way...

It’s fascinating how those people can be so well read yet so stupid.  I’m not joking either.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

It’s fascinating how those people can be so well read yet so stupid.  I’m not joking either.

They are like a bunch of 50 year olds who could never escape their 17 year old uneducated rebel mentality around government. Most people grow up and see things for real, they didn't. 

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

They are like a bunch of 50 year olds who could never escape their 17 year old uneducated rebel mentality around government. Most people grow up and see things for real, they didn't. 

A lot of them are in Higher Ed (surprise surprise).  Talk about an inescapable liberal bubble.

2 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

And it’s not just stupid....it’s the arrogance and condescending tone to everything they post. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

And it’s not just stupid....it’s the arrogance and condescending tone to everything they post. 

Joseph and his Technicolor Turncoats.

9 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

They are a bunch of underemployed attorneys that are desperate to find anyone to listen to their BS. Well read and intelligence aren’t the same.