Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round Four-Six Commentary - July Mock 2020 **

OBJ in the 4th is golden IMHO. Injury... maybe, but is healed as far as I know.

11 minutes ago, robb said:

OBJ in the 4th is golden IMHO. Injury... maybe, but is healed as far as I know.

I was between Kupp and OBJ decided to go with the better offense and I also took OBJ in the June so switch it up a little. 

I debated taking Kupp in the 3rd, but gambled on Woods being there on the way back.  Cooper is not a bad consolation prize, though.

There is still a third WR I was considering. Wonder when he’ll go?

25 minutes ago, robb said:

There is still a third WR I was considering. Wonder when he’ll go?

Who knows the WR depth in this years draft is almost unparrelled.

I can't remember a year with this many appealing options in the late and middle rounds 

7 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

Who knows the WR depth in this years draft is almost unparrelled.

I can't remember a year with this many appealing options in the late and middle rounds 

Absolutely. 

in real draft and in hindsight, I probably would pass on Julio in round 2... as tough as that may be and grab Drake to lock in my RBs and the grab Calvin Ridley 3.11 and Kupp or Woods or OBJ or another WR at 4.2. 

ive never been big on WR early but I think this year is really putting an emphasis on the top flight RBs

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Absolutely. 

in real draft and in hindsight, I probably would pass on Julio in round 2... as tough as that may be and grab Drake to lock in my RBs and the grab Calvin Ridley 3.11 and Kupp or Woods or OBJ or another WR at 4.2. 

ive never been big on WR early but I think this year is really putting an emphasis on the top flight RBs

Most likely I don't have 3 WR's and 1 rb in a real draft. I just did not like the rb options much. I thought I could get better tight end value, and it's too early for a qb. 

Those three picks prior to mine were painful to watch, kudos to you three, but dang it.....I hate you.....

Got a little nervous when the RB's started drying up, but was quite happy Conner made it to me.  There are some question marks around whether he can stay healthy, but those are the only question marks about his game.  Big Ben will be back this year and the entire offense, which took a huge dump last year, will raise its game.   He's one year removed from a top ten finish and I expect he'll finish closer to that than his RB33 finish from a year ago.  If he stays healthy, he's great value at this point.

Keenan Allen is another "high risk-high reward" pick.  Over the last three years he's averaging 148 targets and 101 receptions a year.  Losing Rivers is going to hurt, but he's still the focal point of the passing offense,  Even with a 20% drop in catches he'd still be catching 80 balls, which is solid production from a WR2.  

Anybody got contact info for Ralphster?

ICEMAN

Mostert was the last clear cut lead back.  He has an elite line, a run first offense, and world class speed.  I see 1100 combined and 9 TD's as a baseline for him.

38 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Mostert was the last clear cut lead back.  He has an elite line, a run first offense, and world class speed.  I see 1100 combined and 9 TD's as a baseline for him.

The problem is that I trust Shanahan about as much as I trust Belichick.

ICEMAN

Sorry guys, somehow I completely missed the Waller pick and thought it was remote's turn.  My bad!

Waller would have been my choice, but I'll take a chance on T.Y.

Also, I have a conference call coming up soon, I'll try to pay attention when it comes back around.

I had Engram typed in but decided I like Cam Akers as one of the few RBs left that I’d like as a #3. Nothing else in STL impresses me and I wouldn’t honestly be shocked if he out produces  CEH and Taylor for this season alone. I just see those first two having stronger competition in a year where rookies will already be behind the 8-ball. Same goes for Akers but again, not enamored by his competition. 

Parker was always going to be my 6.2 pick as I assumed FBN would not take another WR. Criminally undervalued on a team that will still play catch-up and pass a ton and likely at least start out with a QB he has great rapport with. 

I was soooooo hoping Sutton would fall to me in the 6th. I held off in the 5th round taking him.

Big year for him in 2020. I know some are worried the rookies Denver drafted will cut into his targets, but I believe that with COVID shutting down the preseason games that rookies will have a harder time than usually this year getting used to the pro game. 1500 yards and 12 TDs are my guess for Sutton.

I also considered white briefly but I think we’ve seen his ceiling and he won’t likely match that ceiling with the QB change. Great RB3 but I ultimately went with more upside 

and again......it’s Belichick.

12 hours ago, Mr. Landry said:

Got a little nervous when the RB's started drying up, but was quite happy Conner made it to me.  There are some question marks around whether he can stay healthy, but those are the only question marks about his game.  Big Ben will be back this year and the entire offense, which took a huge dump last year, will raise its game.   He's one year removed from a top ten finish and I expect he'll finish closer to that than his RB33 finish from a year ago.  If he stays healthy, he's great value at this point.

Keenan Allen is another "high risk-high reward" pick.  Over the last three years he's averaging 148 targets and 101 receptions a year.  Losing Rivers is going to hurt, but he's still the focal point of the passing offense,  Even with a 20% drop in catches he'd still be catching 80 balls, which is solid production from a WR2.  

I'm in on Conner again this year, but mostly b/c the price. I knew his style of running makes him more susceptible to injuries and I still went heavy on him in the first round last year. The fourth (or fifth) round is a much more palatable price for him. He's not losing his job and is a strong candidate to see 15 touches in a good offense.

Like the reasoning on Allen too. Something folks may not be thinking about with him is that Tyrod will probably keep plays alive longer. Theoretically, that means good things for downfield receivers. I think the case that Allen is a good enough route-runner though that the extra split-second Tyrod buys will allow Allen to benefit. Not expecting 150 targets or 100 catches, but 120 and 80 is well within reason.