Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

A woman in front of me at the grocery store today.

60 year old black woman, said to a 18 year old white cashier girl, "Thank you for being a hero."

The girl replied, "Yeah, have a good day." :sleep:

Hey, these days staying at home eating pizza and jerking off to p*** is an act of heroism.

Frick, I think I'm the president of the Justice league.

52 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

60 year old black woman, said to a 18 year old white cashier girl, "Thank you for being a hero."

The girl replied, "Yeah, have a good day." :sleep:

Most of the people who have been working through this whole thing have to be sick of this bullsh1t. Hell I've been working from home and I'm sick of it every time I have to go to the store.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

So a lady was nice to the checkout clerk and you guys believe this is bad? 🤔 

It’s not BAD.  Just a little comical how so many people need to give and receive validation about how great they are.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

So a lady was nice to the checkout clerk and you guys believe this is bad? 🤔 

She's a check out clerk who is not doing the job as an act of heroism. She wants gas money so she can go out with her friends on the weekend. And she expressed it as such. "You're such a hero.".... "Yeah, ok. Next." If I were doing her job and someone called me a hero for it, I would act the same way. "Sure, have a good day."

Let's see, I"m 18-20 years old, standing in front of a big sheet of glass with gloves and a mask on, and I'm putting your groceries in a bag, and I'm a hero. Do people even know what heroes are anymore? 

5 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

It’s not BAD.  Just a little comical how so many people need to give and receive validation about how great they are.

Bingo.  🏆

Everyone posts what they did or ate or bought or painted or went -- on social media.  "Hey, look what I did, comment please!"

Also, here's social media fact....if someone (it's ALWAYS a liberal) posts "Can't we call just get along?" It gets hand claps and likes.  

No idea how do it, or realize it simply isn't going to happen, but hey...always great to throw that out there ---> "Can't we just call get along"  when you want claps from other liberals. 

34 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Uh. Cans sizes?

Jesus, world really has changed.

Ok. The black woman was about 5'0 190. D cups are my guess. God bless her. She seemed like a nice woman.

The words hero and frontline has been hijacked by anyone working meager jobs. Bag groceries. Hero. Deliver groceries. Hero. Drive a truck. Medal of Freakin Freedom..meh. Join the actual military or police though and your scum of the earth. Stupid. Mindless idiot. Racist. 

I don't ever recall anyone saying I was on the frontline looking for IED's and disabling them or anybody checking me out calling me a hero in uniform. My wife and I were laughing about this weeks ago. Odds of dying in a car crash are greater than dying of this thing for someone 45 or younger. Are they taking a minor risk and mitigating that risk. Sure but hero no.  

3 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

The words hero and frontline has been hijacked by anyone working meager jobs. Bag groceries. Hero. Deliver groceries. Hero. Drive a truck. Medal of Freakin Freedom..meh. Join the actual military or police though and your scum of the earth. Stupid. Mindless idiot. Racist. 

I don't ever recall anyone saying I was on the frontline looking for IED's and disabling them or anybody checking me out calling me a hero in uniform. My wife and I were laughing about this weeks ago. Odds of dying in a car crash are greater than dying of this thing for someone 45 or younger. Are they taking a minor risk and mitigating that risk. Sure but hero no.  

You guys had it worse than I did.

We were treated like heroes when we got back from the Gulf War. I didn't feel like I had done much of anything being in maintenence support of a tanker unit. A mile ahead of us, the tankers felt the same way, the Iraqi tanks were more target practice rather than pose a physical danger to them either. It was more of a spanking than a fight. Maybe the nation was heaping praise on us as a sort of apology to the Vietnam soldiers 15-20 years earlier who deserved a far better treatment than they got upon returning. It was a sort of national catharsis.

I know that I personally felt the shadow of Vietnam going over there, what it would be like. Being nineteen years old in a war, knowing Paul Hardcastle's song "Nineteen" about the last group of nineteen year old US soldiers sent off to war, yeah, that's where my head was. That's what I thought war was. Full Metal Jacket-type sh*t. All the death of friends and physical/mental hardships that I would have to endure, be there for years ... nope, thankfully that wasn't how it went for us. The Iraqi Army was toothless and the Gulf War turned out to be little more than a four month camping trip. It was easy. I'd never heard of a war like ours before (or since).

I was in the cashier line at a grocery store before all of this virus stuff broke out. A little old black lady got in line behind me, and I let her go ahead of me, since I'm a nice guy.

She proceeded to tell me that "you're a beautiful man."

She wasn't lying, and her eyes must still be 20/20.

9 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

When I was younger, working 2 jobs at 17 years old, one of them was at an ice cream stand (part time).  I used to give any person in military attire 50% off and anyone with military ID 25% off.  Never told the owners I did that.  For 3 seasons, the word got around (locally of course), and military people would come while I was there and get big discounts - when the owners weren't around.  Then, at nights, they'd come with their families and paid full price.  They told the owners that I was the reason they kept coming (didn't tell them why though).  I got 2 big raises!  Win/win.  Owners were cheap bastards.  I would have felt guilty and probably wouldn't have done it if they weren't skimming.  Strictly all cash transactions, no checks or plastic.  They were only claiming about 70% of what they really made.

1 hour ago, lickin_starfish said:

I was in the cashier line at a grocery store before all of this virus stuff broke out. A little old black lady got in line behind me, and I let her go ahead of me, since I'm a nice guy.

She proceeded to tell me that "you're a beautiful man."

She wasn't lying, and her eyes must still be 20/20.

I always did and still do, self checkout.  Not because of the staff, but it's quicker, plain and simple.