Rusty Syringes

gratefulted is dead

Just now, Fireballer said:

Damn silverback convention in here

I remember a time back in the 2000s when I couldn't wait to get to work, log in here and see what would happen next. I still laugh about some of those jihads we pulled and the petitions we signed, like the Dale Earnhardt one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

I remember a time back in the 2000s when I couldn't wait to get to work, log in here and see what would happen next. I still laugh about some of those jihads we pulled and the petitions we signed, like the Dale Earnhardt one.

Those were good days when there was enough quality content for a lurker like me to enjoy

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Those were good days when there was enough quality content for a lurker like me to enjoy

And Guess the Geek.

I've met prolly a dozen Geeks over the years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Yep. People would look at me like I was crazy because I would be laughing my ass off back then. Those were good times. 

7 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Yep. People would look at me like I was crazy because I would be laughing my ass off back then. Those were good times. 

Great flame wars back then over everything from steak to politics. The fresh, funny content just kept coming.

3 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Great flame wars back then over everything from steak to politics. The fresh, funny content just kept coming.

Steak. Wasn't Mephisto the first person to ever be banned from here? 

Who gives their cat an STD?

Didn't know him but he sounds like a good dude.  RIP.  I also love hearing, again, about how awesome this place used to be back in the day by geeks who are here now and were here then.  What happened, did the one funny guy leave?  I'm assuming that it was never as great as you guys remember.

16 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Didn't know him but he sounds like a good dude.  RIP.  I also love hearing, again, about how awesome this place used to be back in the day by geeks who are here now and were here then.  What happened, did the one funny guy leave?  I'm assuming that it was never as great as you guys remember.

We all got old and laugh less. 😢 

56 minutes ago, fandandy said:

It was much funnier. Before politics took it over

• Thanks 1

:( I remember some good music discussions with him.

R.I.P.

Even though it was due to sad circumstances, it was nice to have Rusty visit. I was hoping he may stick around. This place would be a lot more entertaining if he did. To me, he was the biggest loss this board has had. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MDC said:

We all got old and laugh less. 😢 

IDK. Back before they sent us home to work, I used to laugh my ass off with my co workers. Alot of it was at my expense because I was the oldest of the group, but I didn't mind. It was fun. 

1 hour ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Even though it was due to sad circumstances, it was nice to have Rusty visit. I was hoping he may stick around. This place would be a lot more entertaining if he did. To me, he was the biggest loss this board has had. 

You speak the truth my faithful Indian companion!

:thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

IDK. Back before they sent us home to work, I used to laugh my ass off with my co workers. Alot of it was at my expense because I was the oldest of the group, but I didn't mind. It was fun. 

My team gives our manager a lot of sh*t because he's the youngest and, like you, he doesn't mind.  But always remember the mantra of the New York Friar's club:  We only Roast those that we love.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

My team gives our manager a lot of sh*t because he's the youngest and, like you, he doesn't mind.  But always remember the mantra of the New York Friar's club:  We only Roast those that we love.

Yep. This is true. And I do give it back to them. It's fun. 

19 hours ago, fandandy said:

There were a lot of hilarious posters on here. Posty's legendary insensitive comments on the Dale Earnhardt tribute petition were a scream. One of the funniest things to do was sign up for and troll other boards. We called that jihads. Some of the most memorable included the infidelity board, the tropical fish board and the infamous run-in with the Curlies. For the infidelity board, I signed up as some guy who worked as a male housemaid and kept getting into situations where he was bonking the wives at the houses he cleaned. He said it had become an addiction and asked for help on getting out of these situations. Of course, the infidelity board posters were all offended and attacked him.

I signed up as One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish for the fish forum asked a bunch of stupid questions about how to care for a large-mouth bass in my fish tank. 

The Curlies one was a forum for women with naturally curly hair. We started going to town over there (me as Pecos Twila with really huge hair), but it became clear in a hurry that we'd met our match with this bunch. Then someone from this board ratted us out, and they all came swooping down over here, and hilarity ensued. Mephisto wound up hooking up and marrying one of them. Maybe a half dozen of them are Facebook friends today. Guess the Geek was always a hit.

I hadn't wandered over here from the main board yet, but I did get to read the entirety of what might have been the greatest all-time FFToday thread, which was the unfolding of events on Sept. 11, 2001. It was a chilling, poignant read.

A lot of air went out of the sails during the bitter political arguments of 2004 and 2008. The hamster on the wheel powering FFToday died and took a bunch of classic threads with it. Memory recalls the board being down for a long, long time, so a lot of the old timers just kind of lost interest and drifted away. I haven't been around here much in recent years, but I still post my annual fantasy football rankings as The Soilost every year on the main board, and every year a few suckers take it seriously.

And I still haven't gotten my focking FFToday T-shirt from Mike.

🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also, there have been some classic Geek meets over the years. A bunch of us met at some dilapidated shack on an East Texas lake, drank beer, played poker and went out on some boat. Burt had sent me a National Weather Service balloon, and the next morning we used a large helium tank to fill up that monstrous focker and set it free. We watched that thing for like half an hour as it soared into the heavens.

It wouldn't surprise me if it were still circling the Earth.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Memory recalls the board being down for a long, long time, so a lot of the old timers just kind of lost interest and drifted away.

Yeah Latin Pimp was a bad time...  It was at least 4+ months I think...

14 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

There were a lot of hilarious posters on here. Posty's legendary insensitive comments on the Dale Earnhardt tribute petition were a scream. One of the funniest things to do was sign up for and troll other boards. We called that jihads. Some of the most memorable included the infidelity board, the tropical fish board and the infamous run-in with the Curlies. For the infidelity board, I signed up as some guy who worked as a male housemaid and kept getting into situations where he was bonking the wives at the houses he cleaned. He said it had become an addiction and asked for help on getting out of these situations. Of course, the infidelity board posters were all offended and attacked him.

I signed up as One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish for the fish forum asked a bunch of stupid questions about how to care for a large-mouth bass in my fish tank. 

The Curlies one was a forum for women with naturally curly hair. We started going to town over there (me as Pecos Twila with really huge hair), but it became clear in a hurry that we'd met our match with this bunch. Then someone from this board ratted us out, and they all came swooping down over here, and hilarity ensued. Mephisto wound up hooking up and marrying one of them. Maybe a half dozen of them are Facebook friends today. Guess the Geek was always a hit.

I hadn't wandered over here from the main board yet, but I did get to read the entirety of what might have been the greatest all-time FFToday thread, which was the unfolding of events on Sept. 11, 2001. It was a chilling, poignant read.

A lot of air went out of the sails during the bitter political arguments of 2004 and 2008. The hamster on the wheel powering FFToday died and took a bunch of classic threads with it. Memory recalls the board being down for a long, long time, so a lot of the old timers just kind of lost interest and drifted away. I haven't been around here much in recent years, but I still post my annual fantasy football rankings as The Soilost every year on the main board, and every year a few suckers take it seriously.

🤬

Man, I wish I had been around for some of that stuff.  Thanks for sharing this.  

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

It was non stop hilarity some days. Just thread after thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

The fish forum Jihad is the only one I participated in, and it was epic.  I with Mike hadn't deleted the thread.  We were posting here what we posted there and enjoying what everyone else was doing over there.  The only person who didn't like it was Gobbledog, who actually had an account there and used that forum.  He got banned there because of us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

The fish forum Jihad is the only one I participated in, and it was epic.  I with Mike hadn't deleted the thread.  We were posting here what we posted there and enjoying what everyone else was doing over there.  The only person who didn't like it was Gobbledog, who actually had an account there and used that forum.  He got banned there because of us.

I didn't know about Gobbles. I go to an Elvis bootleg board that would be great. Talk about dorks. OMG. From around the world. But if you think this place is light traffic, that place is really slow. Some are somewhat normal, but a lot are just idiots. They quote movie lines and song and , trying to be like Elvis I guess. Dude. That's was a character he played in a movie. That wasn't him. Quoting that does not make you like Elvis. You will never be like Elvis because well you are a focking dork. 

So sad.  I was in a couple leagues with him and remember talking to him once or twice on the phone.  Great guy.

And Rusty, thanks for bringing up all those memories!   Also "Sipppah Cup", "Guess what NFL Player I Am", "Mookie's uncle and the gallon of milk challenge".....and all the flame wars between Meph, Megla, Torrid, posty, Rusty, stick, Gutter, etc.   😆

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jackal said:

So sad.  I was in a couple leagues with him and remember talking to him once or twice on the phone.  Great guy.

And Rusty, thanks for bringing up all those memories!   Also "Sipppah Cup", "Guess what NFL Player I Am", "Mookie's uncle and the gallon of milk challenge".....and all the flame wars between Meph, Megla, Torrid, posty, Rusty, stick, Gutter, etc.   😆

For some reason the whole is it a moth or a humming bird saga came to mind.

1 hour ago, Jackal said:

Yeah, sippah cup was a classic. I just remembered Caller of the Day, chronicling all those crazy phone calls I'd get in the Buttmont newsroom. Ju Day. ken8080. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Yeah, sippah cup was a classic. I just remembered Caller of the Day, chronicling all those crazy phone calls I'd get in the Buttmont newsroom. Ju Day. ken8080. 

Caller of the day was awesome. 

32 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Cotd was great, as was Ju-day!!  Posted that awful pic of herself, and then "supposedly" got killed by a window air conditioner falling on her haid!!  🤣  Also GiantsFan claims of heroism on 911 and the GFIAP moniker!

On 7/9/2020 at 4:25 PM, Rusty Syringes said:

🤬

Good Times!

:thumbsup:

On 7/9/2020 at 4:43 PM, Strike said:

During the fish forum jihad, I was copying and pasting several paragraphs of GiantsFan rambling nonsense and posing it as a question. It took maybe half a dozen posts before they decided that it was inappropriate for their fish focking bored. Which was very disappointing, as I advocated for sex with fish. As did GiantsFan. Maybe it was an octopus.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2020 at 6:10 PM, fandandy said:

After 9/11, everything changed...

Oh wow, I have not been paying attention to the board over the past couple of weeks and I am just now seeing this.  This is my longest running fantasy league.  When I "met" most of you I was just a kid fresh out of college.  Although we have never met, I feel like many of you are family.  Ted was a big part of this family and he will be missed. 

RIP Ted!  😢

On 7/8/2020 at 8:10 PM, fandandy said:

We lost a lot of talent to the sanctuary. IMO Rusty was the biggest loss. But there were a lot of others that hurt as well. It really was a very entertaining place to come to. 

32 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

We lost a lot of talent to the sanctuary. IMO Rusty was the biggest loss. But there were a lot of others that hurt as well. It really was a very entertaining place to come to. 

Now it is a political shithole. :lol: