Sign in to follow this  
Patented Phil

Is America Headed to Civil War? Of Course it is.

How can Republicans and Democrats coexist when 73% of college Democrats want statues of Washington and Jefferson take down?  Only 4% of college Republicans feel this way.  How did we arrive at such a drastic dichotomy?  Why do Democrats hate America so much?

https://www.thecollegefix.com/73-of-democratic-college-students-support-taking-down-statues-of-founding-fathers-who-owned-slaves-poll/

4 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

How can Republicans and Democrats coexist when 73% of college Democrats want statues of Washington and Jefferson take down?  Only 4% of college Republicans feel this way.  How did we arrive at such a drastic dichotomy?  Why do Democrats hate America so much?

https://www.thecollegefix.com/73-of-democratic-college-students-support-taking-down-statues-of-founding-fathers-who-owned-slaves-poll/

There are plenty of Republicans in the Senate and Congress that want the statues taken down, Dan Crenshaw being one of them.

All of that is our history. Every bit of it. Jackson, Lee, Lincoln it's all our heritage. Plenty of people in the GOP that would gladly surrender our american heritage for some short term perceived advantage.  All they care about conserving is the GOP political machine.

"If your revolution is supported by Billionaires, Corporations, Hollywood, and the government, you are not a revolutionary, you are a pawn." -TheLeftCantMeme2020

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

There are plenty of Republicans in the Senate and Congress that want the statues taken down, Dan Crenshaw being one of them.

All of that is our history. Every bit of it. Jackson, Lee, Lincoln it's all our heritage. Plenty of people in the GOP that would gladly surrender our american heritage for some short term perceived advantage.  All they care about conserving is the GOP political machine.

Link?  I don’t know of one single Republican who has advocated taking down statues of Washington or Jefferson. Crenshaw was ok with taking down Confederate statues - big difference.

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2020 at 11:00 PM, Patented Phil said:

Link?  I don’t know of one single Republican who has advocated taking down statues of Washington or Jefferson. Crenshaw was ok with taking down Confederate statues - big difference.

Confederate history is American history 

On 8/1/2020 at 8:00 PM, Patented Phil said:

His wife is hot. I don't know what she does for a living. Probably nothing but man, she is smoking. I met them at somebodies house a couple years ago. He talks a lot of crap about conservative stuff but hard to believe. He was unemployed for a while. Think he was living with his parents. Local AM guy was bagging on him. I look at anyone who lives at home who is capable after 18 a deuchebag.

On 8/4/2020 at 8:09 PM, FlyinHeadlock said:

His wife is hot. I don't know what she does for a living. Probably nothing but man, she is smoking. I met them at somebodies house a couple years ago. He talks a lot of crap about conservative stuff but hard to believe. He was unemployed for a while. Think he was living with his parents. Local AM guy was bagging on him. I look at anyone who lives at home who is capable after 18 a deuchebag.

Flyin -

Are you sure you are talking about the right guy?    Crenshaw went to Tufts right out of HS and then joined the military while at Tufts.    He broke his leg going thru hell week with the Navy Seals and then did it again and passed when he tried again.   He served in Iraq and Afghanistan.    On his 3rd tour of duty he got blown up and lost his eye.   He still ending up serving 10 yrs in the military and then went to the Harvard School of Gov't.     

I don't think he spent a lot of time in his basement other than recuperatiing from being blown up.    Maybe when he got out of Harvard and before he got elected he may have been "struggling" a bit, but not sure that's what happened.   

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

that was about as sad as all this civil war talk

Sad why?

You have one side "pushing for it with actions" -- those burning down and throwing bricks at everything in sight.  Torching cities, vandalizing everything, sodomizing little kids, saying "just try to stop us". 

You have the other side saying "The way this is going, it's headed to Civil War."

Then the same side that is doing all of the damage is saying "Why are you wanting civil war. That's nonsense"

At this point, Civil War, will end this behavior sooner than what is being done now, and I think many agree.   

The side that is ruining the country, says "We don't want Civil War, we just want to be able to keep freely destroying things"

When a small group of local-good guys walks in and mows down a group of thugs that are vandalizing property or raping little kids.... what is the other side going to say? How will they react to 150 dead bodies on the ground?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

We're already in a civil war

Red hasn't begun to fight yet. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Flyin -

Are you sure you are talking about the right guy?    Crenshaw went to Tufts right out of HS and then joined the military while at Tufts.    He broke his leg going thru hell week with the Navy Seals and then did it again and passed when he tried again.   He served in Iraq and Afghanistan.    On his 3rd tour of duty he got blown up and lost his eye.   He still ending up serving 10 yrs in the military and then went to the Harvard School of Gov't.     

I don't think he spent a lot of time in his basement other than recuperatiing from being blown up.    Maybe when he got out of Harvard and before he got elected he may have been "struggling" a bit, but not sure that's what happened.   

Dude, I voted for him. Just saying there was a period where he was fully recovered, unemployed and living with his parents. He got bagged on it pretty good around here. He talks a lot of sh1t but he was never going to work a real job is all I'm saying outside the Government. As for being a Seal, it really doesn't matter anymore. We don't a Seal for Congress. Those tactics don't work in D.C., utmost respect for his service and sacrifice but needs to put that behind him. We don't need another McCain.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Sad why?

You have one side "pushing for it with actions" -- those burning down and throwing bricks at everything in sight.  Torching cities, vandalizing everything, sodomizing little kids, saying "just try to stop us". 

You have the other side saying "The way this is going, it's headed to Civil War."

Then the same side that is doing all of the damage is saying "Why are you wanting civil war. That's nonsense"

At this point, Civil War, will end this behavior sooner than what is being done now, and I think many agree.   

The side that is ruining the country, says "We don't want Civil War, we just want to be able to keep freely destroying things"

When a small group of local-good guys walks in and mows down a group of thugs that are vandalizing property or raping little kids.... what is the other side going to say? How will they react to 150 dead bodies on the ground?

one side of 64 sided die maybe.  this "event" of a handful of scum supposedly knocking a guy in a wheelchair over is not a representation of half the country.  good guys will not be mowing down hundreds of people.  those guys will be criminals.  and seen by sane people as such.  also, a side is not saying "its headed towards civil war".  some idiots are, yes.  just another 1 side of a 64 sided die.  

4 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

one side of 64 sided die maybe.  this "event" of a handful of scum supposedly knocking a guy in a wheelchair over is not a representation of half the country.  good guys will not be mowing down hundreds of people.  those guys will be criminals.  and seen by sane people as such.  also, a side is not saying "its headed towards civil war".  some idiots are, yes.  just another 1 side of a 64 sided die.  

There's massive civil unrest and it's clear to anyone with any sense that we are trending towards/in the midst of a civil war.  What exactly do you think civil war looks like?

14 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

There's massive civil unrest and it's clear to anyone with any sense that we are trending towards/in the midst of a civil war.  What exactly do you think civil war looks like?

i dont believe there is massive civil unrest.  there are some problem areas, but thats about it.  please point to all of the examples where there is occuring.  there too many people that are mixed politcally, whether its pro choice and pro 2A types or dem parents and repub kids types.  it certainly doesn't look like the yokels in this vid.

14 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

i dont believe there is massive civil unrest.  there are some problem areas, but thats about it.  please point to all of the examples where there is occuring.  there too many people that are mixed politcally, whether its pro choice and pro 2A types or dem parents and repub kids types.  it certainly doesn't look like the yokels in this vid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_Revolutionary_War_battles

When the American Revolution began, battles were sparse.  Once a month there would be a fight somewhere.   As time wore on, battles became much more frequent, and when France entered the war on the side of the colonists you started having lots of battles every month.  To observe that there isn't much fighting at all is to say this is a normal start to a war.

those guys will be criminals.  and seen by sane people as such

So mowing down criminals...is bad?

I say it's good. I guess we'll agree do disagree.

Funny how, if a group of conservatives would take out people that are hurting kid, burning houses, shooting cops etc...would be the criminal. 

Of course the libs would call them criminal. The libs call those molesting children and throwing bricks into windows and burning police cars "heroes".

Those people (molesters, vandals, terrorists) are enemies of Trump.

Therefore, by way of "an enemy of me of my enemy is my friend" --- liberals see those groups as "the good guys".

I guess you and I will have to disagree again.  I call them filthy focking worthless trash.

But the yahoos in Charlottesville were. Hilarious. 

23 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

So mowing down criminals...is bad?

I say it's good. I guess we'll agree do disagree.

Funny how, if a group of conservatives would take out people that are hurting kid, burning houses, shooting cops etc...would be the criminal. 

Of course the libs would call them criminal. The libs call those molesting children and throwing bricks into windows and burning police cars "heroes".

Those people (molesters, vandals, terrorists) are enemies of Trump.

Therefore, by way of "an enemy of me of my enemy is my friend" --- liberals see those groups as "the good guys".

I guess you and I will have to disagree again.  I call them filthy focking worthless trash.

not surprisingly, you misunderstood...the people mowing other people down would be criminals.  even if the mowed down lot were worthless trash.

not surprisingly, you misunderstood...the people mowing other people down would be criminals.  even if the mowed down lot were worthless trash.

Nope.  They'd be heroes.  Getting rid of trash = hero.

Nah. The old rules are being rewritten. That’s what radical change is. Your team wants it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Herbivore said:

A lot of liberals up and vanished from this forum when groups were going after statues of Washington, Jefferson, Grant, etc.  What do you think of Washington, Jefferson and Grant?  Should they be considered heroes?

9 minutes ago, riversco said:

A lot of liberals up and vanished from this forum when groups were going after statues of Washington, Jefferson, Grant, etc.  What do you think of Washington, Jefferson and Grant?  Should they be considered heroes?

I do.  Davis and Lee should come down or be moved to some museum.  

• Like 1

I don't know for certain what's going to happen.............

But you may want a gun and ammo.

4 minutes ago, BLS said:

I don't know for certain what's going to happen.............

But you may want a gun and ammo.

Good advice. 

30 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

How's the civil war going?  Did we win?

You'll know you've won the civil war when your allies burn down your house.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

How's the civil war going?  Did we win?

You are one weird dude.  Dredging up posts from almost 3 years ago?  Good Lord, get a life.

19 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

You are one weird dude.  Dredging up posts from almost 3 years ago?  Good Lord, get a life.

It’s an interesting topic though; I have heard much talk of it lately. But we will never have another civil war here. 

"I think what has to be done is not try to persuade the majority of people that we're right, so much as to try to create tension in society to the point where things start to break down, when people get uncomfortable enough so that they're going to rebel. Now the question is how do you increase those tensions." 

-Barack Obama

25 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It’s an interesting topic though; I have heard much talk of it lately. But we will never have another civil war here. 

Don't bet on that. 

On 7/8/2020 at 2:31 PM, Rusty Syringes said:

What's going today is NOTHING like what went on in the late 1960s, when there was real talk of revoluation. In 1968 alone, you had the MLK assassination. Bobby Kennedy assassination. LBJ doesn't seek re-election. Huge riots. Burning cities. Vietnam War. Tet offensive. Khe Sanh. Burning draft cards. The Democratic convention. Police brutality at Columbia University. Demonstrations everywhere. And then Nixon wins the presidency. Study this year and get some context on what's going on today. 

The whole first half of the last century was pretty focked up. You had World War I and Spanish Flu around the 1918, prohibition, The Great Depression, Dust Bowl and then World War II.

The ignorant and entitled folks today beyatching about having to stay home or wear a mask out in public wouldn't have been able to handle those difficult times decades ago.

It's frightening and disappointing these days to see so many dumbasses float their conspiracy theories, act like their rights are being violated and that things like wearing a mask in public is the kind of thing that leads to our country becoming Nazi Germany. 

Ridiculous.

No, you are a dumbass for not realizing you are being manipulated by a corrupt government.  The government (CIA, FBI, military, LBJ) murdered Kennedy.  That is not some wild theory, it is a fact. 

The CIA infiltrated the media and has controlled the narrative for decades, that is a known fact (see Operation Mockingbird).  Hoover's FBI files on Kennedy were used to force LBJ on the ticket.  The CIA setup Nixon in Watergate.  The CIA has been acting rogue since the beginning, assassinating foreign leaders left and right usually without the knowledge and consent of the White House.  The NSA has been spying on ordinary citizens for decades.  The CIA-FBI and assortment of government agencies use big tech like puppets to control what people say online and what information we have access too. 

Our most powerful government agencies are not answerable to our elected officials, but work for the mega wealthy and huge corporations.  Sure our Congress can call these bastards to testify, but they lie with zero consequences and hide behind bullshit classifications or claim they can''t discuss pending investigations.  

The government manipulates public opinion keeping the nation divided by roughly 50-50, so all the establishment has to do is control a few stooges in the center and they can pass or stop any legislation. 

Our biggest mistake was creating agencies like the CIA and FBI who operate above the law.  Ike warned us.  Truman warned us.  JFK tried to kill the beast, before the beast killed him.  We are being lied to and manipulated to the point we have lost all control.  Our elected government is nothing but a mirage, only able to move policy slightly to make it seem like they we still have an honest government.  It is all bs.  

But 95 percent of our population does not see or comprehend what is going on.  Even relatively smart people in this forum don't get it.  And then the real dumbasses blow it off as 'conspiracy nonsense'.