Sign in to follow this  
FlyinHeadlock

Tokenizers

All those shows from the 70's and 80's, Good Times, The Jeffersons, Welcome Back Koter, Sanford and Son, 227...and today changing several comic books, movie franchises and TV show characters gender, race and even sexuality.

On paper it seems like a good idea. Open peoples minds, unify them. The results though real life in many ways it's worse. Black communities are setting all time records in violence and murder. Female Ghostbusters bombed. Then this recent one, making Batwoman gay and now black. Even black people are laughing at that one. And police dramas, rarely do they go into black communities and deal with the actual real issues. Instead they focus on sexuality of police, divorce...blah blah.    

The one movie that went after these tokenizers was a major success. Tropic Thunder. It made fun of all of them and everyone loved it. Robert Downey didn't even take any heat for black face. I thought that movie would would make these tokenizers chill out but it's worse. You watch, I bet Superman will be a black transgender soon with a big T on his chest....meh..  

5 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

All those shows from the 70's and 80's, Good Times, The Jeffersons, Welcome Back Koter, Sanford and Son, 227...and today changing several comic books, movie franchises and TV show characters gender, race and even sexuality.

On paper it seems like a good idea. Open peoples minds, unify them. The results though real life in many ways it's worse. Black communities are setting all time records in violence and murder. Female Ghostbusters bombed. Then this recent one, making Batwoman gay and now black. Even black people are laughing at that one. And police dramas, rarely do they go into black communities and deal with the actual real issues. Instead they focus on sexuality of police, divorce...blah blah.    

The one movie that went after these tokenizers was a major success. Tropic Thunder. It made fun of all of them and everyone loved it. Robert Downey didn't even take any heat for black face. I thought that movie would would make these tokenizers chill out but it's worse. You watch, I bet Superman will be a black transgender soon with a big T on his chest....meh..  

Superman is already an illegal alien. What more do they want?

• Haha 3

I don't really watch new tv shows that much these days.  I loved McGuyver back in the day, I won't watch the new one.  There are plenty of other things to watch these days that doesn't require network tv.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't really watch new tv shows that much these days.  I loved McGuyver back in the day, I won't watch the new one.  There are plenty of other things to watch these days that doesn't require network tv.

Good point. I watch maybe 2 or 3 network shows. 

The last thing I watched I enjoyed was Tim and Eric's Beef House. It bastardizes the absurdity of sitcoms. Also the Expanse and The Boyz. Other than that seldom watch TV unless it's something completely unique which rarely happens. 

17 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Good point. I watch maybe 2 or 3 network shows. 

I watched Arrow, I liked it... to a point.  I finished the series even though I didn't like the last 3 seasons.  I like The Flash.  I'll watch that.  I used to watch Supergirl, but it got to a ridiculous point of white man hating that I stopped after season 2.  I love Last Man Standing.  Great show.  Other than those, I don't really watch any other show.  In a lot of shows that were long running, like NCIS, anytime any person leaves, they're replaced by a non-white male.  Kate gets killed, enter Ziva.  Ziva leaves, enter white girl.  DiNozzo leaves, enter Fez.  Jenny Sheppard leaves, enter Vance.  Abbey leaves, enter black girl.  I stopped watching.  Every new character doesn't need to be a white, straight, male... but statistically speaking there has to be a new one here and there.

I used to watch The Big Bang Theory, but slowed down due to the emasculating of the men.  At that point, I just caught the re-runs here and there.

I get sucked into watching stuff I normally would not just to be nice to my wife like the Big Bang and Dateline. I can't sit through the whole thing though. I normally get the name of the person killed on Dateline and google it in about 10 minutes. 

Every other show, agree they go through this forceful process of inserting gays, trans, hispanics blacks to the point it's like some altered universe. Sorry, just not that many minority groups in in every circle of friends. Especially black people. I live in a large neighborhood, one of the largest in Houston. I have seen two black families and a couple Hispanic ones and I jog through it a couple times a week. I also lived on the east coast and and SoCal and same thing. It's nonsense. 

2 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

The last thing I watched I enjoyed was Tim and Eric's Beef House. It bastardizes the absurdity of sitcoms. Also the Expanse and The Boyz. Other than that seldom watch TV unless it's something completely unique which rarely happens. 

Wow, thank you, I had no idea about this.  Now I have something to watch.  :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Episode two:  Prunes. They nailed it.

Looks like I may be able to watch these on adultswim.com.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, you can watch it for free on there. I took my wife to see them once when they toured. She went kicking and screaming but she actually liked it. She did the same thing with WWE Royal Rumble but admitted it was a lot of fun.

Angie Tribeca was awesome...reminiscent of police squad.  Made by steve carell...5 seasons on hulu

I haven't watched a network TV show since the office.  Before that, Seinfeld.

The dramas are the worst.  I catch the back end of some medical or police drama right before the 10pm news, and it always seems like the same ending.