Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Marquette University threatened to rescind student’s admission over pro-Trump TikTok video

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

She said... 

How offended are you by this video? Are you going take part in the push to send the outrage email template to the university? Are you all that afraid of an 18 year old female who chooses to vote for Trump and has her own social views in life so much that you want her to be banned from a college education?

https://www.tiktok.com/@conservativegirl0/video/6835771976825474309?source=h5_m 

An Instagram user has since created a copy and paste email template requesting to have Pfefferle’s admission rescinded from Marquette and is encouraging others to send the email to Marquette’s administration. It states in part:

Ms. Pfefferle has been very vocal on social media (TikTok, Instagram) about how she is enthusiastic about coming to Marquette in the Fall. As a Marquette student who is passionate for the University’s core values, such as Cura Personalis, and recognizing everyone’s human dignity, these transphobic, racist, and xenophobic comments should not be tolerated.

These comments made by Ms. Pfefferle were shared publicly, and were clearly presented as mocking jokes. Ms. Pfefferle is obviously proud of her statements, as she stands behind her words in every post.

These comments create and perpetuate an unsafe space for the LGBTQ+ community, first generation students, and Dreamers at Marquette.

Samantha Pfefferle is proud of her transphobic and xenophobic opinions, which under no circumstances should be allowed at Marquette. The University can and should make it their priority to ensure students (specifically LGBTQ+, immigrants, first gen, and POC) feel safe, valued, and appreciated on campus.

Commenters on TikTok are also continuing to express their disapproval of Pfefferle’s conservative views.

• Haha 1

It's fine to disagree, its just not ok to cancel others because you disagree with them

• Thanks 1

If a University ever excluded a candidate due to political beliefs, they would no longer be eligible for the Govt grant gravy train.  

I love how they put the "+" after LGBTQ now as they can't even keep up with their own list of gender types. As if "Q"ueer doesn't cover it all. :lol:

unsafe space for the LGBTQ+ community

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

She said... 

In the quote you posted, they didn't refute that statement.

I'm keeping tabs of this but as it stands now, I'm probably going to encourage my kids to stay in China for university. Between affordability issues and Woke indoctrination, options are significantly limited. Just stick with the CCP indoctrination, it's 10x less cancerous as Woke and has proven to be curable.

They sure are going to hear about it from me. No woke schools and the rest are largely unaffordable.

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I'm keeping tabs of this but as it stands now, I'm probably going to encourage my kids to stay in China for university. Between affordability issues and Woke indoctrination, options are significantly limited. Just stick with the CCP indoctrination, it's 10x less cancerous as Woke and has proven to be curable.

I have enough put away right now for my kids, 3 and 6, to go to college.  I think I’d rather they do on line and I’ll just give them the money to buy a house or at least a big down payment. The whole college thing is losing its luster. It doesn’t even sound like it’s fun anymore. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have enough put away right now for my kids, 3 and 6, to go to college.  I think I’d rather they do on line and I’ll just give them the money to buy a house or at least a big down payment. The whole college thing is losing its luster. It doesn’t even sound like it’s fun anymore. 

College is affordable in China and my kids can speak English like natives. They can do what I do working part time and during summer and pay for it themselves. That's possibly the new plan. Until now, the previous plan had been to join the Army like I did (better yet the Navy. FTA!) or else join the National Guard in a state with non-woke schools and generous education benefits.

20 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

College is affordable in China and my kids can speak English like natives. They can do what I do working part time and during summer and pay for it themselves. That's possibly the new plan. Until now, the previous plan had been to join the Army like I did (better yet the Navy. FTA!) or else join the National Guard in a state with non-woke schools and generous education benefits.

I don’t know where these non woke schools are. Outside of a few, they don’t seem to exist. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t know where these non woke schools are. Outside of a few, they don’t seem to exist. 

It's like searching for a unicorn. Private schools are unaffordable. Texas Tech seems alright. Ol' Miss too.  I just despise the thought of paying out of state tuition.

Sending my kids to some English langauge school in Hungary or Poland would be great but I don't know how to pay for it.

7 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

It's like searching for a unicorn. Private schools are unaffordable. Texas Tech seems alright. Ol' Miss too.  I just despise the thought of paying out of state tuition.

Sending my kids to some English langauge school in Hungary or Poland would be great but I don't know how to pay for it.

The world is your oyster. 

Just so y’all know, tiktok isn’t just liberals. There are TONS of conservative users who talk sh1t about liberals. I’ve seen it personally. So there’s more than likely a few users talking sh1t to her while conservatives on there (surprisingly a lot of the younger generation) that have her back. 

17 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I love how they put the "+" after LGBTQ now as they can't even keep up with their own list of gender types. As if "Q"ueer doesn't cover it all. :lol:

They're just covering their tabs for whatever crazy nonsense they come up with next. Tree fockers, necrofeliacs, pedos, whatever. 

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

They sure are going to hear about it from me. No woke schools and the rest are largely unaffordable.

I'll tell you what, if my son were about to go to college, I'd look into a student visa in another country before sending him here.

I don’t know what the full story is here. But I’m 100% sure there’s more to it than Marquette University threatening to rescind a student’s acceptance solely because she posted pro-Trump videos.

41 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

They're just covering their tabs for whatever crazy nonsense they come up with next. Tree fockers, necrofeliacs, pedos, whatever. 

They have to keep expanding the base. Every vote counts. 

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t know what the full story is here. But I’m 100% sure there’s more to it than Marquette University threatening to rescind a student’s acceptance solely because she posted pro-Trump videos.

I would tend to agree.  I suspect that perhaps this was much less that what we see, and is being blown out of proportion.  But.....the school has no business policing peoples speech......JMHO

54 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Us tree fockers do NOT want to be associated with that group. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I would tend to agree.  I suspect that perhaps this was much less that what we see, and is being blown out of proportion.  But.....the school has no business policing peoples speech......JMHO

I’ll go ahead and make the leap and say the school hasn’t gone through every students social media and questioned them about it. Just her because someone complained because of Trump. Pretty obvious. 

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’ll go ahead and make the leap and say the school hasn’t gone through every students social media and questioned them about it. Just her because someone complained because of Trump. Pretty obvious. 

I think there's merit to both of these.  I saw the clip that was referenced and I saw nothing there that would cause me to raise concern.  That said, I had no interest in watching any other of the clips.  I'm going to have to assume that Marquette did look at other videos she posted and there must be something else there.

That said, I'm willing to bet that a future roommate or friend of a future roommate, saw the video and alerted the school, who then chose to "investigate".  I highly doubt that every incoming freshman was vetted.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think there's merit to both of these.  I saw the clip that was referenced and I saw nothing there that would cause me to raise concern.  That said, I had no interest in watching any other of the clips.  I'm going to have to assume that Marquette did look at other videos she posted and there must be something else there.

That said, I'm willing to bet that a future roommate or friend of a future roommate, saw the video and alerted the school, who then chose to "investigate".  I highly doubt that every incoming freshman was vetted.

My guess is that she’s either posted potentially offensive stuff and/or she spends a lot of time bickering with commenters on social media. And the admissions guy gets dozens of emails and finds the social media platform of someone who appears to be an ass and tried to subtly tell her “This is a bad look.” But instead of taking the hint she runs to the media with her victim story and publicly dumps on the university she hasn’t even started attending yet.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

My guess is that she’s either posted potentially offensive stuff and/or she spends a lot of time bickering with commenters on social media. And the admissions guy gets dozens of emails and finds the social media platform of someone who appears to be an ass and tried to subtly tell her “This is a bad look.” But instead of taking the hint she runs to the media with her victim story and publicly dumps on the university she hasn’t even started attending yet.

I agree that there is probably more content, I don't doubt that possibility.  But, if people are harassing her, while she needs to be better aware of what she replies with, penalizing her content is basically akin to being bullied... but being the one in trouble when you fight back.

Now, I don't know exactly what the school told her.  But, if they did tell her something, there shouldn't be a "hint".  There should have been legitimately helpful information.  They're the adult.  Their job is to teach kids.  She's not 25, she's 18.  Their job should be, to be instructive and telling her how to deal with the situation.  As far as I'm concerned, if she got accepted, paid them money, and she picked her classes, whether she attended anything yet, she is an official student.  

Do you honestly think that if this girl posted a Biden video, then got harassed by commenters and responded the same way, she would have gotten a notice?  I don't.  In fact, I don't think this would have ever even been addressed.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I agree that there is probably more content, I don't doubt that possibility.  But, if people are harassing her, while she needs to be better aware of what she replies with, penalizing her content is basically akin to being bullied... but being the one in trouble when you fight back.

Now, I don't know exactly what the school told her.  But, if they did tell her something, there shouldn't be a "hint".  There should have been legitimately helpful information.  They're the adult.  Their job is to teach kids.  She's not 25, she's 18.  Their job should be, to be instructive and telling her how to deal with the situation.  As far as I'm concerned, if she got accepted, paid them money, and she picked her classes, whether she attended anything yet, she is an official student.  

Do you honestly think that if this girl posted a Biden video, then got harassed by commenters and responded the same way, she would have gotten a notice?  I don't.  In fact, I don't think this would have ever even been addressed.

I think what got her in trouble probably wasn’t the videos or at least not her support for Trump. So yeah, I do think it would be addressed.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think what got her in trouble probably wasn’t the videos or at least not her support for Trump. So yeah, I do think it would be addressed.

So you’re guessing. Brilliant.  

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Are you suggesting Conservative Sandbox posted something misleading and/or entirely false?

11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Are you suggesting Conservative Sandbox posted something misleading and/or entirely false?

So you think she said something worthy of an investigation? Why hasn’t that come out? 

14 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Maybe this one is true. Maybe Marquette University threatened her admission just for posting pro Trump videos. Unless the university confirms her story if there’s a record of this conversation we are just guessing. My guess is that there’s more to the story than this kid is letting on.

I also am guessing we never hear any update to this story. The whole goal was to fuel Trumper victim grievance mongering. Mission accomplished! Move on to the next manufactured outrage. 😴 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you think she said something worthy of an investigation? Why hasn’t that come out? 

I have no idea what happened. Just guessing the story in the OP probably shouldn’t be taken at face value. Like I also said with Smollett and that race car driver

1 hour ago, MDC said:

It wouldn't have, and you know it.  The Trump video is what got their attention.  If it were a Biden video, no one would have said anything.  The net results of the interactions would never have come to light.  Even if by some chance they did, it would be in support of the girl and telling her that she would be safe on campus.

42 minutes ago, MDC said:

Maybe this one is true. Maybe Marquette University threatened her admission just for posting pro Trump videos. Unless the university confirms her story if there’s a record of this conversation we are just guessing. My guess is that there’s more to the story than this kid is letting on.

I also am guessing we never hear any update to this story. The whole goal was to fuel Trumper victim grievance mongering. Mission accomplished! Move on to the next manufactured outrage. 😴 

I think there will be an update, but very little information will follow.  Meaning, either she gets kicked out and she says so and they will claim that it was for her safety (or some bull crap like that, so that they can say it had nothing to do with her conservative views), or she'll stay in and the school won't say anything.  She'll just post that they didn't kick her out.  She'll stay quiet other than that because if she says they caved because they knew she was right, they'll find another reason to kick her out.

Worked at a college. The head of the student conservative group, all 5 of them, had to be put in a dorm room in an isolated area where the RA lived. 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Are you suggesting any current media outlet posted something misleading and/or entirely false?

Fixed that one.....

Ends up that her admissions won't be revoked, but the university will not accept calls from the papers that exposed the school's threat to the student.

13 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Ends up that her admissions won't be revoked, but the university will not accept calls from the papers that exposed their the school's threat to the student.

Ha! Busted. Another fail for our board libtards and troll. 

46 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It wouldn't have, and you know it.  The Trump video is what got their attention.  If it were a Biden video, no one would have said anything.  The net results of the interactions would never have come to light.  Even if by some chance they did, it would be in support of the girl and telling her that she would be safe on campus.

Why even ask the question? You’re convinced that you’re a victim and the evil libtard university threatened the poor innocent Trumper with expulsion for posting MAGA vids.

Another modern day Rosa Parks. 😢 

Reminds of the guy who got fired for saying all lives matter. Or is that made up too? 

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

Why even ask the question? You’re convinced that you’re a victim and the evil libtard university threatened the poor innocent Trumper with expulsion for posting MAGA vids.

Another modern day Rosa Parks. 😢 

I'm not asking the question, I'm telling you the answer.  Just because you don't like, it's not my fault.

37 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Ends up that her admissions won't be revoked, but the university will not accept calls from the papers that exposed the school's threat to the student.

So I nailed it.  The school keeps her and doesn't reveal any info.  Shocking!

37 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm not asking the question, I'm telling you the answer.  Just because you don't like, it's not my fault.

The way you put a question mark at the end made it look like a question.

:dunno:  

55 minutes ago, MDC said:

The way you put a question mark at the end made it look like a question.

:dunno:  

You're right.  But my questions were rhetorical.  I didn't need you to answer, as shown above, we all knew the outcome.

That said, if I were a gambling man, I'd bet on that she doesn't end up getting her degree from Marquette.