Sign in to follow this  
ralphster

** Round Seven-Ten Commentary - July Mock 2020 **

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

It's hard to keep up. All the players im looking at taking around their ado are gone rounds ago. I changed it. 

I've been trying to take players before there ADP for about 4 rounds now 

44 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

Do a quick search on Staffs PPGs last year and I'm not sure he's lacking the ceiling Brees has.  

One my 'breakout' list.   

Also agree on Jones JR.  Very similar production at a lower cost. 

I’m good rolling with Stafford. Last year he was on pace to be a top 5 QB or higher on a ppg basis but I’m less high on him than Brees for the obvious reason that Stafford has yet to touch the kind of numbers Brees has in a full year. That said, Stafford has the best WR tandem he has had and a solid TE option. A nice slot guy and an added Swift. 

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I’m good rolling with Stafford. Last year he was on pace to be a top 5 QB or higher on a ppg basis but I’m less high on him than Brees for the obvious reason that Stafford has yet to touch the kind of numbers Brees has in a full year. That said, Stafford has the best WR tandem he has had and a solid TE option. A nice slot guy and an added Swift. 

Don't forget 2011!   5,038 41-16.    Hes got a documented year.   I'm just saying.

I also might argue that the defense is worse in Detroit possibly so more catchup, doesn't have Tayson Hill to contend with and doesn't quite have Brees home-road split woes although no doubt these are dome teams ideally.

Brees will single handily win you weeks though when they hit.  Those 5 td games 

34 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

When the Chicago fan thinks your round 7th round pick should still be available in the 10th goes to show you something.  

I'm just playing  :)

🙁

I knew I took him early, but I didn't think I took him THAT early.  

Mattison was a nice pick.  A little remorse I didn’t pluck him especially now that I remember there isn’t a flex spot here.

I dont play in any leagues without flex spots,

Goedert to me is less the Eagles TE 2 and more an offensive weapon.  With alshon Mia already, DJax in the Twitter verse news, a rookie in town and Agholor gone he can very possibly end up a top 3 target for the eagles.

After a slow start to the season with a calf injury Goedert in weeks 6-17 posted 129 PPR points and a pretty consistent 11.7 PPG

Amari Cooper as a reference point over the same week 6-17 stretch scored 133 points and averaged a more up and down roller coasters 12.1 PPG

Wanted to dive a little deeper into this particular split.   This is after Coopers monster 225 game so certainly cherry picking a certain stretch. 

Weeks 6-17 targets by week 

Goedert 8, 4, 5, 5, 6, 8, 7, 6, 6, 12, 10, 8

Cooper 2, 5, 7, 14, 8, 12, 11, 8, 2, 12, 5 

12 games Goedert  Total targets 85/12  7.0 targets PG

11 games Cooper.  Total targets 86/11

7.8 targets PG

2 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

Mattison was a nice pick.  A little remorse I didn’t pluck him especially now that I remember there isn’t a flex spot here.

Me too, with not keeping tabs on sports news as much I had completely forgot about the Dalvin Cook situation.

Also, nice stats!  I ended up with the same two TE's in the June mock.

im totally dominating this draft 

:mellow:

1 hour ago, Matt Mueller said:

Are we on a weekend break?

I missed this too, but that's the only conclusion I can reach.

Thanks for stealing my cuffs with back-to-back picks. Starting to wonder if you guys don't like me 😎

16 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

I dont play in any leagues without flex spots,

It was really down between Moss and Mattison. Ultimately, Cook gains nothing by holding out (he'd return as a RFA in 2021 if he sat out the season) and could ultimately lose money if he does (I believe the new CBA doesn't allow teams/players to reach deals to forgive fine money). I think Mattison will be a decent RB2 if/when Cook misses time, but I don't think he's a league-winning type. Not sure if Moss is either, but this particular case was one where I wanted a guy who I think will find his way into about 150 carries and could take over the lead back role in Buffalo. I think he'll force a split at the very least.

16 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

Goedert to me is less the Eagles TE 2 and more an offensive weapon.  With alshon Mia already, DJax in the Twitter verse news, a rookie in town and Agholor gone he can very possibly end up a top 3 target for the eagles.

After a slow start to the season with a calf injury Goedert in weeks 6-17 posted 129 PPR points and a pretty consistent 11.7 PPG

Amari Cooper as a reference point over the same week 6-17 stretch scored 133 points and averaged a more up and down roller coasters 12.1 PPG

I was kind of hoping Goedert would last another round. It's a good pick by you, Matt (so was Mattison by ICE). I opted for Moss over Goedert mostly b/c I like the TEs I expect to be available in the next 1-3 rounds.

I am here.......where are the end of Round 10 mockers?

I just picked, but we've never kept the clock running on the weekends. Pick if you're around, but not required.  Sorry if that changed and I didn't see it.

54 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

I just picked, but we've never kept the clock running on the weekends. Pick if you're around, but not required.  Sorry if that changed and I didn't see it.

No. The policy is still the same. No requirements. If you're around pick, if not, enjoy your weekend and we'll pick it up again on Monday.

ICEMAN

10 minutes ago, ICEMAN said:

No. The policy is still the same. No requirements. If you're around pick, if not, enjoy your weekend and we'll pick it up again on Monday.

ICEMAN

This.

if anyone can contact RLLD tell him he could send me a list and I’d pick for him. Happy to help.

Sorry guys, had a little technical issue with the server this morning which had the forums down for a bit. Should be good to go now.

I agree. I think that it is beyond time to select for RLLD.

ICEMAN

I have been trying to connect all morning and it kept giving me too many connections errors, sorry you all had to wait.....but Fant was going to be my pick there so , all good

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I have been trying to connect all morning and it kept giving me too many connections errors, sorry you all had to wait.....but Fant was going to be my pick there so , all good

😘

Just now, remote controller said:

😘

😯  🤔  😘

Had Shepard penciled in for next pick of on the board

Lots good good targets on the team and he has his health issues but I read a stat that he was one of like only 10 WRs to average over a certain targets a game threshold when healthy past few years.

will see if I can find