Sign in to follow this  
ralphster

** Round Seven-Ten Commentary - July Mock 2020 **

AJ Green sniped 3 picks before me. I'm high on him this year. 7th round is a great price.

I think Gallup is going to be a top 15 WR this year, it will likely be a flash in the pan situation, but I think he will outperform his ADP, great investment in round 7, was hoping he would last to me next.....

26 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think Gallup is going to be a top 15 WR this year, it will likely be a flash in the pan situation, but I think he will outperform his ADP, great investment in round 7, was hoping he would last to me next.....

I'm not going to agree with a top 15 finish, but it should be noted Gallup averaged more targets per game last year than Amari Cooper.

I agree. I was hoping that Gallup would fall to me in the next round. All signs are pointing up for him. I don't think taking CD Lamb in the first round of the draft adversely affects him at all.

ICEMAN

Mmm sniped on Edelman

Heck of a run on QBs, which I kind of expected, but I wanted to be at least a little bit different than my June mock.

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Mmm sniped on Edelman

I like the pic, that offense is built for dump passes, Edelman is a dump pass magnet, the local high school quarterback could make Edelman still have value....

10 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Mmm sniped on Edelman

Cooks was the other guy I was thinking about.  He will have some big games if he can stay healthy.

13 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I like the pic, that offense is built for dump passes, Edelman is a dump pass magnet, the local high school quarterback could make Edelman still have value....

This offense won't resemble what Brady ran.  He needed to get the ball out.  They can now extend plays and sprinkle in some of the old stuff.

10 minutes ago, remote controller said:

This offense won't resemble what Brady ran.  He needed to get the ball out.  They can now extend plays and sprinkle in some of the old stuff.

I don’t know. With the new QB and his injury history, I think a healthy Edelman is good for. 85 - 1100  - 6

9 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I don’t know. With the new QB and his injury history, I think a healthy Edelman is good for. 85 - 1100  - 6

I wasn't slamming Edelman at all.  I am just saying the offense will not be the same without Brady/Gronk.

Did not expect that Hayden hurst pick since frozen already had engram.  Bah. Gimme a few

Don’t particularly like the QB pick here, had other preferences, but....Allen will have a few great games and if I can pair him with another QB who does the same, that is good for Best Ball then.

I figured one of Hurst/Henry would still be there, so I will go with upside and hop on board the Gronk cruise.  Might be some rough seas ahead, but I feel like his ceiling is higher than other TE's in this range.

13 hours ago, robb said:

Don’t particularly like the QB pick here, had other preferences, but....Allen will have a few great games and if I can pair him with another QB who does the same, that is good for Best Ball then.

I am still sorting out what I actually think about Allen, but in general I think he outperforms where he is being taken.....

My hope is that we get through round 10 today. I’m out late next week for a fishing tourney on the Ohio River. 

DAMN YOU MATT!

I had WIlliams locked & loaded for the next pick.

ICEMAN

Marvin Jones was the player I was obviously alluding to when I discussed Golladay earlier and how Stafford spreads the ball around when both are on the field. I love his value. I almost took him over Hunter Henry as my WR5

50 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Marvin Jones was the player I was obviously alluding to when I discussed Golladay earlier and how Stafford spreads the ball around when both are on the field. I love his value. I almost took him over Hunter Henry as my WR5

👍

Next week's article includes a few hundred words about this very topic.

4 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Cooks was gone a long time ago.

Yikes. I see that now. What's worse is that I'm tracking the draft in Excel and still did that. I think what happened is I copy-and-pasted some more players in last night and missed him while deleting the guys who had been picked already.

All better now. Please proceed.

15 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

Yikes. I see that now. What's worse is that I'm tracking the draft in Excel and still did that. I think what happened is I copy-and-pasted some more players in last night and missed him while deleting the guys who had been picked already.

All better now. Please proceed.

Maybe he meant Elijah Cooks, Nevada!

He is a 10th round ADP player but he is my hunch this season.  Guru kept pimping an article coming out soon and I was afraid he might be looking at T.J., as he has alluded to the fact that it was about usage for Jones and Golladay.  He is a a target of mine this year and I only had one other TE rated slightly above him.  Would have loved to have grabbed the other and still gotten T.J. in 10.

Happy to get Brees here and not going to risk FBN taking his backup QB just in case 😆

his numbers over 11 games last year show he has plenty left at 41 in this offense that returns Michael Thomas, Kamara, an athletic tight end and the addition of Emmanuel Sanders

Well then 😆😆😆

I will take less exciting Stafford

28 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Well then 😆😆😆

Stick around WW ‘cause as soon as Frozenbeernuts makes his 2 picks you and I can select again and we’ll get round 10 going fast!!-

Bredia was my other consideration for Coleman.  I guess the Mostert news flipped me over but also the higher ceiling rushing offense.

Although Breidas usage as a 3rd down back might be easier to peg.   Coleman could produce but still be a little random. 

34 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Well then 😆😆😆

Do a quick search on Staffs PPGs last year and I'm not sure he's lacking the ceiling Brees has.  

One my 'breakout' list.   

Also agree on Jones JR.  Very similar production at a lower cost. 

1 hour ago, remote controller said:

He is a 10th round ADP player but he is my hunch this season.  Guru kept pimping an article coming out soon and I was afraid he might be looking at T.J., as he has alluded to the fact that it was about usage for Jones and Golladay.  He is a a target of mine this year and I only had one other TE rated slightly above him.  Would have loved to have grabbed the other and still gotten T.J. in 10.

Also like Hock this year.  Moreso another reason I like Stafford but I expect him to continue to rise.  

1 hour ago, remote controller said:

I was probably one round away from taking Hock. As you guys may remember from my draft profiles last year, you're going to have a hard time finding me saying a bad word about him. I passed on him b/c I just don't know how much I would use him on any team that already had Ertz, and it also made sense to cover my butt with Lamb in case Landry can't play right away. Plus, I'm starting to get this feeling that Lamb is going to be this year's A.J. Brown (poor man's version though) as a guy who makes a lot happen with 50-60 catches b/c he has great RAC ability.

3 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

Cohen already off the board to Landry in R7.

When the Chicago fan thinks your round 7th round pick should still be available in the 10th goes to show you something.  

I'm just playing  :)