Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Name the redskins

Washington Muck Monsters

Washington Arrowheads. It keeps the theme, invokes aggressive and Native American imagery and they have already used the arrow logo before.

Washington Poltergeists

A lot of D.C. Was built over defaced and desecrated indian burial grounds. It would be awesome. Every TD, sack crowd yelling out, "THEIR HERE!".

Redskins, it’s a good name.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I were Daniel Snyder, I would tell the NFL that I would be happy to change the team name from "Redskins" to something else, if I moved the team.  Otherwise, it's staying.  The name "Redskins" offends white people on behalf of Native American's than the Native American's themselves.

The United States Government offends indians. Killed 10's of thousands of them women and children. Redskins actually likes them. Never hurt any of them.

I rest my case.

Keep the name, change the logo to a potato. End all charity spending that was being used to appease the Native leaders with a statement along the lines of "Leaders of Native American tribes have made it clear they want nothing to do with the team, so we will respect their wishes."

Yea never mind, they are ditching all Native American imagery. Just call them the Washington Wokes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Yea never mind, they are ditching all Native American imagery. Just call them the Washington Wokes.

The Woke Joke?

The Washington Marxists

I think it's fitting given current events and the fact that it's in DC

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, polecatt said:

The Washington Marxists

I think it's fitting given current events and the fact that it's in DC

Good one. 👍

9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Good one. 👍

They can pay all the players the league minimum and make the stadium a shrine to Danny boy 😆

The Washington Fightin' Whities.

I promise normal white people will not protest against it.

• Like 1

Looks like Redwolves is the frontrunner and I think it’s a dope name. Could have cool wolf logo imagery too.

I remember not all that long ago when sports was an escape from politics.  Now, literally every other notification I get on my phone from Bleacher Report etc. is something “woke” related.  Football is really losing its luster fast...

The Washington politically corrects. The Mascot can be a middle aged white couple that runs around apologizing to everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like the Washington Redwolfs too.  It is the only name in this thread with a possibility of actually happening.

Washington Red Foxes?

Sounds like the leader in the clubhouse is Warriors, which is offensive to pacifists...  

How would they like the

"Washington LGBTQIA+"

or the

"Washington BLM"

or the 

"Washington Liberals"

?

OR.... The "Wasington CNNs"!!??

OOORRRR... The "Washington Social Justice Warriorrs". ?

• Like 1

I thought the DC Defenders was a really cool name. Maybe Snyder can use all his riches to bid on the XFL in bankruptcy court just to steal the DC Defenders name, logo, jerseys, etc. 

On 7/10/2020 at 12:51 PM, lod001 said:

The Washington Fightin' Whities.

I promise normal white people will not protest against it.

Normal white people, no, but I guarantee you a lot of liberals would have a bigger problem with it than the redskins

• Like 1

News says name change could come in the next few days. If it’s anything but Redwolves I’ll be dissapointed. It makes the most sense, keeps the R so they can use the same phrases like “hail to the Redwolves” and wolves are cool as hell so nice logos and imagery. What’s cooler, some old Indian dude or a dope looking aggressive bloodthirsty wolf?!

37 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

News says name change could come in the next few days. If it’s anything but Redwolves I’ll be dissapointed. It makes the most sense, keeps the R so they can use the same phrases like “hail to the Redwolves” and wolves are cool as hell so nice logos and imagery. What’s cooler, some old Indian dude or a dope looking aggressive bloodthirsty wolf?!

I would actually like that to be it too. It's a cool name, and being from NC, I would love to see some attention brought to their declining population in the wild.

On 7/10/2020 at 3:23 PM, kilroy69 said:

The Washington politically corrects. The Mascot can be a middle aged white couple that runs around apologizing to everyone. 

Lol.  

On 7/10/2020 at 5:04 PM, tanatastic said:

Looks like Redwolves is the frontrunner and I think it’s a dope name. Could have cool wolf logo imagery too.

Is there silica a thing as a redwolf or did they make it up?

2 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

Is there silica a thing as a redwolf or did they make it up?

Yeah, they're real. They live in the Southeastern USA but are endangered. They're kind of like wolves with some coyote mixed in.

4 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

How about the Washington Swamp Monsters.

I thought the swamp was supposed to be drained by now.

My previous list assume they don't want to totally abandon the concept of a potentially offensive name, but if they do:

Washington Cherry Blossoms

Washington Beige

Washington Puppies

Washington Americans

Washington Compromise (though maybe that one is still offensive to some)

16 minutes ago, Showboat said:

I thought the swamp was supposed to be drained by now.

It's a big, big swamp, and there's a whole lot of sh!t that clogs up the drain

I applaud the Baseball Atlanta Braves, their not caving in.  

Keep the name , Redskins.  

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I applaud the Baseball Atlanta Braves, their not caving in.  

Keep the name , Redskins.  

I don't know if it is caving and I think the decision has already been made.  I suspect it's merely an economic decision.  I think Snyder has simply concluded that at this point it would cost him more to not change the name.  No matter how they end up spinning it, I'm sure it's about the money.

3 minutes ago, Showboat said:

I don't know if it is caving and I think the decision has already been made.  I suspect it's merely an economic decision.  I think Snyder has simply concluded that at this point it would cost him more to not change the name.  No matter how they end up spinning it, I'm sure it's about the money.

Yeah I would think that’s true. 

I know this isn’t new, many have came up against some of these team names, and they do give in , because of money, I would agree.